Champions?

Yes, and at the moment we in the highest league position we’ve been for 20 years. Hopefully the long journey Kassam took us on is coming to an end, and home is in sight.......!
We are streets ahead of 90% of the teams in this league. It is ours to lose. By 7 is my prediction, and a chance to then show v Wycombe, the gulf between the real class and the pacemaker - imagine the premiership clubs then coming clucking.....

think a club would ever have an ebay type auction for a player? I think all transfers should be done like that - a player exchange - everyone has a value and therefore a bid/offer (EVERYONE IS for sale right!). Spreads would be wide but clubs would bid for players across the exchange and this would be visible. With AI it is easy to incorporate performance statistics which "traders" then use to gage relative and fair value. Algorithms would indicate FV and L1/L2 clubs would stop getting mugged off.

Last edited:
99p start, no reserve?

We can all think of a few of those!
Similar concept available to players, as a hedge, they could sell futures in themselves. Based on anticipated future earnings. The dreamboat of player like Brannagan now - lock in about £5m personally even if injured/retired or just make a move which involves sitting on the bench in his peak

I do struggle with believing these predictions, guess that is 40 years worth of experience supporting Oxford ?. It's one hell of a ride at the moment however ?
Im not suggesting it is all over and we can relax, but if we come through the window relatively intact and we have £1m to spend IF we have Dickie, MT, Baptiste gone, and can continue and deal with our disruptions better than other clubs deal with theirs, then stats are all we have. Believe. Champions! Only 5-1 COYY

Im not suggesting it is all over and we can relax, but if we come through the window relatively intact and we have £1m to spend IF we have Dickie, MT, Baptiste gone, and can continue and deal with our disruptions better than other clubs deal with theirs, then stats are all we have. Believe. Champions! Only 5-1 COYY
Don't get me wrong, you keep going with the optimism, I read it all ?

Nah - Bristol City have won four (1922–23 (South), 1926–27 (South), 1954–55 (South), 2014–15). And there may be others with more (they were just the first club I thought of, and checked).

At the risk of being called unambitious.....honestly at this point, I'm just happy that we're going to hit January, and the mid-point of the season, and we're not only still having the discussion about whether we can be Champions - but it's a realistic proposition, we're not all just being delusional.

Given that there's a bunch of teams in this league that have far, far greater resources than we do - it's a great achievement so far from KR and his team.

Keep the band together through January, find someone who can replace Cadden, and add a couple more depth pieces and there's no reason we can't win the league.
Noone else in the league has a core to the team that's as good as Dickie-Brannagan-Baptiste-Henry-Taylor.

and Mousinho and Gorrin and Fosu... ;)

A crucial transfer window. Just wonder whether the players being targeted by other clubs might just fancy sticking around here another six months to see if they can finish the job.

Agreed.
If one player must be sold, then Baptiste is the obvious candidate. Should prove the less disruptive sale, considering he hasn’t really featured in the league this season.
Would be a shame that we won’t get to see him fulfill his true potential here.
I’d gladly settle for 2nd. Appleton thinks we will finish top 2, and in MAp we trust!
Last 2 matches we would have got 2 rather than 6 points without Shandon though !!

Last 2 matches we would have got 2 rather than 6 points without Shandon though !!
Possibly but you never know what might have happened
Baptiste has the potential to be a Premiership player, but if given the choice to lose Brannagan, Dickie or Baptiste, I would rather lose Baptiste.
Hopefully we keep all of them though.

We should also be on for our highest finish since 1998/99 when we were relegated from the (now) Championship - that in itself will be some achievement....
I remember that although relegated, in the last game of that season we beat Stockport 5-0 and we were confident enough to sing "we're going up as f*****g champions!" Not sung it since!

Back
Top Bottom