Champions League final 1/6/2019

I thought it was harsh because his arm was up pointing where his teammates should be for at least a second before impact. The new fifa rules will mean that no question, if your hand is above your shoulder and the balm hits your arm, it’s a foul.

I thought it was harsh because his arm was up pointing where his teammates should be for at least a second before impact. The new fifa rules will mean that no question, if your hand is above your shoulder and the balm hits your arm, it’s a foul.
Yes the new rule for next season is that any handball, even if unintentional, has to be penalised.
I think the unintended consequence could be that we increasingly see forwards deliberately trying to play the ball onto defenders hands/arms to win a penalty. Could become as commonplace as diving unfortunately.

Yes the new rule for next season is that any handball, even if unintentional, has to be penalised.
I think the unintended consequence could be that we increasingly see forwards deliberately trying to play the ball onto defenders hands/arms to win a penalty. Could become as commonplace as diving unfortunately.
and sadly the ( ultra low) quality of match officials imposed on L1 matches wont help the situation either .... ridiculous new rule IMO

Tbf, including VAR decisions, the refs have generally been consistent with these decisions in European games.

I must admit to hating the new interpretation of the handball rule.
The punishment in my view does not fit the crime (Man Us penalty at PSG was going over the bar).
Sure have an indirect free kick and a penalty if the ball is going in but a penalty for an unintentional handball of a shot going over the bar?

As from next season then we won't need to have these debates about hand ball. If it hits a players arm it's a free kick. Simple.

Oh and IMO it was a penalty all day long.

Back
Top Bottom