Ceasefire

yellowbow

I know a lot of us are fed up with all the shenanigans surrounding the club off the field at the moment, and also with substandard performances on the field. Today’s articles in the OM put into stark focus where the club currently stands. More please for patience without any substantial evidence being put forward as to why anyone should doesn’t help but I think, as a fan base we do have some power in our hands to help the club we all love. We’ve got 71 days until the last football for this season is played, therefore 71 days to save the club from the dreaded drop into league 2. My suggestion for what it’s worth, is that every fan unites behind the club for those crucial days, and puts all other thoughts and grievances to one side. I don’t think people biting their tongues for these few days is too much to ask - and I include myself, as loud a critic of the current situation as anybody, in this task. Let’s show the owners what a powerful force we can be, and what a great ally to any owner that gets the running of our club right. Then when the dust has settled after May 4th, we can again take stock of the situation again. If we do this the club can’t use a lack of support as an excuse. They also won’t be able to level a lack of patience against us. If we support wholeheartedly until the end of the season, we’re giving the owners more time and patience than they really deserve, but giving the team the best chance of survival.

I know a lot of us are fed up with all the shenanigans surrounding the club off the field at the moment, and also with substandard performances on the field. Today’s articles in the OM put into stark focus where the club currently stands. More please for patience without any substantial evidence being put forward as to why anyone should doesn’t help but I think, as a fan base we do have some power in our hands to help the club we all love. We’ve got 71 days until the last football for this season is played, therefore 71 days to save the club from the dreaded drop into league 2. My suggestion for what it’s worth, is that every fan unites behind the club for those crucial days, and puts all other thoughts and grievances to one side. I don’t think people biting their tongues for these few days is too much to ask - and I include myself, as loud a critic of the current situation as anybody, in this task. Let’s show the owners what a powerful force we can be, and what a great ally to any owner that gets the running of our club right. Then when the dust has settled after May 4th, we can again take stock of the situation again. If we do this the club can’t use a lack of support as an excuse. They also won’t be able to level a lack of patience against us. If we support wholeheartedly until the end of the season, we’re giving the owners more time and patience than they really deserve, but giving the team the best chance of survival.
Im 100% behind the team.... on matchdays

There is a ceasefire every match day where we all get behind the team.
There is but I’ve noticed talk of ‘toxic atmosphere’ and shouldering of internet sniping slipping into Robinson’s post match interviews. That and the Mixter story aren’t helping on field matters. All I’m saying is for the remaining days of the season, let’s take all the excuses of lack of support or toxic atmosphere away to give them the best possible chance.

Also the owners keep talking about things getting better so be patient, so let’s give them another 71 days to prove it. A deadline for on and off the field.

As a fan base, I think we have been incredibly tolerant on and off the pitch.

The worry for me was the Peterborough atmosphere. Nothing to cheer about, equally, everyone there knew the club was slowly killing the fan base with its behaviour towards the Ultras....it felt like one of mourning. I don't doubt the players and KR are trying...we are woefully underperforming and I personally feel KR has run out of ideas however will always back those on match days

There is but I’ve noticed talk of ‘toxic atmosphere’ and shouldering of internet sniping slipping into Robinson’s post match interviews. That and the Mixter story aren’t helping on field matters. All I’m saying is for the remaining days of the season, let’s take all the excuses of lack of support or toxic atmosphere away to give them the best possible chance.

Also the owners keep talking about things getting better so be patient, so let’s give them another 71 days to prove it. A deadline for on and off the field.
A year should be more than enough to stabilise a stable(ish) club!

The time was up for our WOW season at the end of the Jan transfer Window.........

A year should be more than enough to stabilise a stable(ish) club!

The time was up for our WOW season at the end of the Jan transfer Window.........
Fair point. I think it’s unfortunately becoming apparent the the gap between the ‘club’ and its fans has become wider than at any time in my near 40 years of supporting the club. It’s almost as though something has finally snapped. The situation is becoming very concerning. I hope they realise that..

yes wait 71 days watching Rome Burn and then spend the whole summer watching nothing change accept for the rally call to buy your season tickets which is the only time the fans are ever thought about and the crazy thing is people will still fall for it. Then go through the whole sorry summer transfer saga once again.

You either think this fella is the right custodian and or the right manager or you don't, people warned about Kassam and most including myself failed to listen as we watched the club plummet down the leagues.

The guys had a year and we're as in the dark now as the day he arrived late, stay silent and silence might be all you hear as the club sinks.

I think the only good thing about the off the field situation at the minute is that it’s directing fans anger away from the players themselves. I absolutely haaate it when fans line up at the tunnel or at the touchline after an away game when the players come over to applaud the fans to hurl abuse at the players themselves. Who’s that helping? Are players going to start playing for fans who hurl foul mouthed abuse at them after a bad result? This is why I thought the inverted flags protest was so effective: a physical manifestation of ‘we’re here, we’re still supporting the team, we’re going to turn out with our flags and create an atmosphere, but the club needs to sort itself the f**k out’.

Bite myr tongue for 71 days?

What if we're down after 50??

The players have to take their share of accountability

as does Robinson

and Bo Thai

and all the other fukkers

It's depressing

I think the only good thing about the off the field situation at the minute is that it’s directing fans anger away from the players themselves. I absolutely haaate it when fans line up at the tunnel or at the touchline after an away game when the players come over to applaud the fans to hurl abuse at the players themselves. Who’s that helping? Are players going to start playing for fans who hurl foul mouthed abuse at them after a bad result? This is why I thought the inverted flags protest was so effective: a physical manifestation of ‘we’re here, we’re still supporting the team, we’re going to turn out with our flags and create an atmosphere, but the club needs to sort itself the f**k out’.

Very well put. Couldn’t agree more

We all stood and clapped the team off the field at Accrington. How does that equate to your insinuations?

I do actually believe the players are doing their best right at this minute. The fact that we are short of quality in certain areas is not their fault. I will continue to support them as they, like us, deserve better. Remember when Eastwood signed his contract because he was excited about new signings? The players have been sold down the river on wow signings and promises just like we have.

I hear what you say. During games every fan gets behind. Being passive as you sudgest though, quite probably until we’re relegated will give tiger the impression we’re happy with the current situation. Not only that but it adds weight to kr’s thought that he’ll be manager next season after such a disaster this season.

Both the owners and the hopeless excuse of a manager have had all season to show us what they can do, with fans being extra patient.
What have we been given in return for this patience? A complete season fighting relegation!
So on the evidence provided so far this season, I really cannot see what you expect to change in the next 71 days.

I hear what you say. During games every fan gets behind. Being passive as you sudgest though, quite probably until we’re relegated will give tiger the impression we’re happy with the current situation. Not only that but it adds weight to kr’s thought that he’ll be manager next season after such a disaster this season.

Both the owners and the hopeless excuse of a manager have had all season to show us what they can do, with fans being extra patient.
What have we been given in return for this patience? A complete season fighting relegation!
So on the evidence provided so far this season, I really cannot see what you expect to change in the next 71 days.
True. But I just don’t see what an alternative course of action for us as supporters is. Robinson isn’t going anywhere and who is going to take the club over from Tiger? I just thought that, while there’s still a chance to help the team fight relegation, our energies as a fan base would best be served towards focusing on that, but having said that, in light of yesterday’s Oxvox revelation that the owners have probably stopped responding to their questions, I can completely understand that it all appears to be a lost cause now and the bonds between club and supporters have snapped beyond all repair.

I’m amazed at our fans, at how we’ve got behind the lads game after game this season. And last season for that matter. I’ve heard little anger directed at players.

I’m not surprised either. It’s not their fault. It’s not their fault our recruitment has been so bad in the last two windows. I’m astonished KR has managed to sign players that wouldn’t have made it into Pep’s side! And Pep built his side with no money!

But as for not protesting I disagree. We should always back and support the team. But sit back and do nothing and we’ll be back out of the football league again. Tiger is just another Kassam. Why is he at Oxford United? To make money!
He’s killing Oxford United like he did Reading. But he made and is still making plenty of cash from that little venture.

He’ll get the council to agree to at new site, build a stadium and loads of other business opportunities. All will be owned by him or his group in separate companies. The team will come second, third, fourth or worse on his agenda. OUFC is just a vehicle to build franchised units for personal gain.

The business model isn’t working for Tiger at the Kassam stadium. Unexpected costs are making the business model topple over as the cost of the stadium and a day to day running vs what can be built in the corners, the fourth stand or car park doesn’t make good business sense and that is why we’re suddenly looking elsewhere.

Elsewhere? No chance we were looking for a new ground since the 60’s with site after site proposed, promised and taken away. Now we have a perfectly good stadium the council are hardly going to make us the priority.

If he truly wanted success KR would’ve been sacked after 10 games!

I remember it being said on radio Oxford when we got back into the league “we must never let this happen again” well it is unless we do something about it.

It would be great if the fans frustrations could be channelled more constructively - as its been said on here the actions of fans that actively head to the tunnel to hurl abuse does nothing positive for the clubs image, nothing for the players morale - or the image of the fan as an individual (I'm swearing and am pissed off and am in a foul mood at the final whistle after a loss - but some fans really need to see some therapy if they feel their words and actions after we lose are justifiable, the only thing it does it maybe make the individual feel a little better - if that's the case maybe they need primal scream therapy? - and to readdress their life outside supporting Oxford)
And the recent resignation of the Security officer due to abuse/threats is another example of how people are losing / have lost the plot. Absolutely flabbergasted the that our fans lowered themselves to the staple action of the frustrated inbred keyboard warrior: the death threat to the family (FFS!) .
My suggestion : lets go old school - let's bombard the club and Tiger with letters explaining our concerns, it does not have to be a long one, a sentence or two to show the club that we are so concerned with how poorly it is performing providing a service to its fans - a letter is physical, you properly have to open it (and yes - to physically throw it away as well) and acknowledge the time that has been spent writing it. If tiger (his company? - though does he have one?) starts getting letter after letter asking what's going on it may make him take heed. It certainly wouldn't do any worse that screaming abuse at the clubs employees...
(plus it worked in the 'Shawshank Redemption' ??). How about it?

Back
Top Bottom