Ceasefire

It would be great if the fans frustrations could be channelled more constructively - as its been said on here the actions of fans that actively head to the tunnel to hurl abuse does nothing positive for the clubs image, nothing for the players morale - or the image of the fan as an individual (I'm swearing and am pissed off and am in a foul mood at the final whistle after a loss - but some fans really need to see some therapy if they feel their words and actions after we lose are justifiable, the only thing it does it maybe make the individual feel a little better - if that's the case maybe they need primal scream therapy? - and to readdress their life outside supporting Oxford)
And the recent resignation of the Security officer due to abuse/threats is another example of how people are losing / have lost the plot. Absolutely flabbergasted the that our fans lowered themselves to the staple action of the frustrated inbred keyboard warrior: the death threat to the family (FFS!) .
My suggestion : lets go old school - let's bombard the club and Tiger with letters explaining our concerns, it does not have to be a long one, a sentence or two to show the club that we are so concerned with how poorly it is performing providing a service to its fans - a letter is physical, you properly have to open it (and yes - to physically throw it away as well) and acknowledge the time that has been spent writing it. If tiger (his company? - though does he have one?) starts getting letter after letter asking what's going on it may make him take heed. It certainly wouldn't do any worse that screaming abuse at the clubs employees...
(plus it worked in the 'Shawshank Redemption' ??). How about it?
like the idea of a campaign of letters ...itd have to get past the MD , who may well get back to us later on any matters raised

yes wait 71 days watching Rome Burn and then spend the whole summer watching nothing change accept for the rally call to buy your season tickets which is the only time the fans are ever thought about and the crazy thing is people will still fall for it. Then go through the whole sorry summer transfer saga once again.

You either think this fella is the right custodian and or the right manager or you don't, people warned about Kassam and most including myself failed to listen as we watched the club plummet down the leagues.

The guys had a year and we're as in the dark now as the day he arrived late, stay silent and silence might be all you hear as the club sinks.

And like last summer when some fans were voicing their concerns re; signings etc and the do gooders saying wait and see!!

Oh, and that Kassam cares!! Does he f**k.

And why does Tiger et al come out and say what the UNFORESEEN financial payements were/are.

The truth is, he concocted a shite purchase deal with Darryl and didn’t do his due diligence because he was like a kid wanting a new toy without fully knowing the consequences e.g. an emotive purchase.

Darryl’s got a lot to answer for too.

Having said this we can do f**k all about it.

like the idea of a campaign of letters ...itd have to get past the MD , who may well get back to us later on any matters raised

Niall’s got a lot to answer for too. Needs to grow a set.

If I was in his position as a TRUE fan then I certainly wouldn’t want to be associated with this load of B*****s and would come out telling all.

It’s by coming out and giving it how it is e.g. being open & honest that we (fans etc) can deal with the situation, and even help where we can, but the constant corporate bullshit & lies and being kept in the dark just doesn’t help.

And like last summer when some fans were voicing their concerns re; signings etc and the do gooders saying wait and see!!

And why does Tiger et al come out and say what the UNFORESEEN financial payements were/are.

The truth is, he concocted a shite purchase deal with Darryl and didn’t do his due diligence because he was like a kid wanting a new toy without fully knowing the consequences e.g. an emotive purchase.

Such energy, such anger, such passion - get off here and start writing lettters!
:)

It would be great if the fans frustrations could be channelled more constructively - as its been said on here the actions of fans that actively head to the tunnel to hurl abuse does nothing positive for the clubs image, nothing for the players morale - or the image of the fan as an individual (I'm swearing and am pissed off and am in a foul mood at the final whistle after a loss - but some fans really need to see some therapy if they feel their words and actions after we lose are justifiable, the only thing it does it maybe make the individual feel a little better - if that's the case maybe they need primal scream therapy? - and to readdress their life outside supporting Oxford)
And the recent resignation of the Security officer due to abuse/threats is another example of how people are losing / have lost the plot. Absolutely flabbergasted the that our fans lowered themselves to the staple action of the frustrated inbred keyboard warrior: the death threat to the family (FFS!) .
My suggestion : lets go old school - let's bombard the club and Tiger with letters explaining our concerns, it does not have to be a long one, a sentence or two to show the club that we are so concerned with how poorly it is performing providing a service to its fans - a letter is physical, you properly have to open it (and yes - to physically throw it away as well) and acknowledge the time that has been spent writing it. If tiger (his company? - though does he have one?) starts getting letter after letter asking what's going on it may make him take heed. It certainly wouldn't do any worse that screaming abuse at the clubs employees...
(plus it worked in the 'Shawshank Redemption' ??). How about it?
Sounds good on paper (see what I did there...) but the letters won’t get past NM before hitting the bin. Maybe a bette course of action would be to hit the OM with the letters. A whole page of passionate but, just as importantly, well balanced, measured and articulate letters there would really hit home. Unfortunately some of the individuals who post comments on the OM website would take over and it will all lose credibility I suppose..

Sounds good on paper (see what I did there...) but the letters won’t get past NM before hitting the bin. Maybe a bette course of action would be to hit the OM with the letters. A whole page of passionate but, just as importantly, well balanced, measured and articulate letters there would really hit home. Unfortunately some of the individuals who post comments on the OM website would take over and it will all lose credibility I suppose..
text.... tweet ( those who have it!)... snail mail etc to both OM and BBC Radio Oxford could , and potentially would raise the genuine concerns supports have regarding the calamitous way OUFC has been run for the past 12 months. Eventually.

Do Gooders... care to explain.

Please keep it from becoming schoolground level debate as I normally like reading both your viewpoints.

The point is that some people said DE would be a nightmare, MApp would achieve nothing, Danny Hilton couldn't hit a barn door, Roofe had done nothing elsewhere, Eastwood was coming back for an easy option, Whyte was too lightweight. There will always be those that are negative about anyone and everything to do with our club.

Equally there are those who thought Pep would be a huge success, Holmes would tear this division apart, Garbutt would be a class above, Tiger and his friends will finance our club all the way to the top. Those fans who hope for the best in every situation.

Neither group are better than each other they just have a different point of view. So whether we are do-gooders, doom mongers, moonshiners or Charlie's Angels, it really doesn't make the blindest bit of difference. What matters is that we get through to May as a solvent league 1 club and take it from there. The squabbling and "I told you so" shite needs to stop (and I'm as bas as the others) we need to put all our energies into our survival on and off the pitch. Starting again on Saturday with another 3 points.

The point is that some people said DE would be a nightmare, MApp would achieve nothing, Danny Hilton couldn't hit a barn door, Roofe had done nothing elsewhere, Eastwood was coming back for an easy option, Whyte was too lightweight. There will always be those that are negative about anyone and everything to do with our club.

Equally there are those who thought Pep would be a huge success, Holmes would tear this division apart, Garbutt would be a class above, Tiger and his friends will finance our club all the way to the top. Those fans who hope for the best in every situation.

Neither group are better than each other they just have a different point of view. So whether we are do-gooders, doom mongers, moonshiners or Charlie's Angels, it really doesn't make the blindest bit of difference. What matters is that we get through to May as a solvent league 1 club and take it from there. The squabbling and "I told you so" shite needs to stop (and I'm as bas as the others) we need to put all our energies into our survival on and off the pitch. Starting again on Saturday with another 3 points.

I think we all agree we just need to make it to the finish line without being eliminated, but we still need to address the failures of the past year under Tiger’s ownership.

Throughout the past year I had my doubts about Tiger, the level of the players we signed in terms of the timings of the signings when we were promised deals would be done early, that these signings would be ‘wow’ signings and DE selling the club to someone who had the best interest of the club.

There have been plenty of warning signs over the last year that made it obvious that we should be concerned, but when some did raise their concerns they were shot down.

See the difference here is, there were warning signs/facts/history, so not high/low aspirations about how good a player is or isn’t before even seeing them play.

Yes, we need to get to May above the line, but in the meantime we need to make sure we don’t take our finger off the pulse as unanswered questions still need to be answered now.

Back
Top Bottom