General Stadium Catering

I reported that Farr's were responsible for the cleaning contract so I believe I am aware of what that entails.

It follows a historic new agreement between the club and Firoka, which gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses, the first time that has happened for many years.

“We want to thank Firoz Kassam and Firoka. We talked it through, were very open and we have come to an agreement so that club is responsible for the concourses and therefore receives a healthy share of the money spent."

"Money spent"
being the operative phrase here, as in, buying something.

Isn't it wonderful what giving the fuller quote does for the interpretation?

Healthy share of money spent = revenues. Club responsible for concourses = expense.

Clarification needed mr Fans Council. Or not.

Yeah... because we are responsible for the concourses. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive/angry about it.
You asked why someone might reach that conclusion and I pointed to the section of the press release that reads that way.
I genuinely think it can only be interpreted one way and you disagree with that interpretation.

Personally I am happy that the club do what's best and do not feel the need to know the inner workings of every contract.

Last edited:
Though a Kassam legal eagle might interpret that it does. Obviously depends on the actual contract and what words are in there. I’d imagine Kassam has no interest In maintaining the concourses as the conference facilities don’t generally use them ? Do the exec boxes have separate facilities ?
The main concourse, which includes the boxes and the directors areas do indeed have separate facilities, several, as it happens.

It is unfortunate that several people, on here, have chosen this interpretation of the press release and the article on the club website and also, unfortunate that it may, however unlikely, be construed that the club has now taken responsibility for the toilets on the concourse' no matter that that, is not what was intended.
There is no logical reasoning behind a shift in the catering contract to assume that the club would now take over responsibility for the toilets which, through coincidence, are attached to the concourse' mentioned.

Healthy share of money spent = revenues. Club responsible for concourses = expense.

I am not "Mr Fans Council" I am a member of the working group who have volunteered to formulate the structure and documentation needed to found what is to be known as the Supporters' Panel.

If you want clarification of club policy/agreements etc. go to the club.
I am expressing my understanding of the situation as I see it and, as I understand the statement made.

I reported that Farr's were responsible for the cleaning contract so I believe I am aware of what that entails.

It follows a historic new agreement between the club and Firoka, which gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses, the first time that has happened for many years.

“We want to thank Firoz Kassam and Firoka. We talked it through, were very open and we have come to an agreement so that club is responsible for the concourses and therefore receives a healthy share of the money spent."

"Money spent"
being the operative phrase here, as in, buying something.

Isn't it wonderful what giving the fuller quote does for the interpretation?

From: https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2021/august/oxford-united-catering-rights/

Managing Director Niall McWilliams explained:

“Ever since the football club became separate from the stadium we have missed out on an important revenue stream from the food and beverages within the ground. We want people to enjoy the whole matchday experience; come to the game early and have a drink and something to eat with friends at the ground rather than rushing into their seats at the last possible moment.

Thank you.

Something like this?

. oy you need to clean the toilets we pay you rent.

You clean them and I'll give more cash from selling hot dogs.

Getting back to the good news regarding the catering deal, will there be any white wine available on Saturday (asking for the wife). Cheers.

It says 'a historic new agreement between the club and Firoka, .. gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses'. It doesn't read to me like we have to clean the areas or whatever - it's just clarifying that the deals relates to food within the ground, not outside.

Not sure you need to refer to someone as 'Mr Fans Council'.

A bit negative isn't it? why do people naturally look for the negative? don't we trust OUFC to have have done this deal for the good of the club?
Unfortunately as we know, Casham only does things if he benefits from it

To be fair, I had the same thought when I read it. The good thing is OUFC can directly control areas which are vital for the 'experience' of watching OUFC. I think the point was more 'Kassam has gained from the deal, not been generous and has given us a good deal', not a dig at the club for doing it.
Exactly

Unfortunately as we know, Casham only does things if he benefits from it
But it can still be for the good of the club too, it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. better service = happier punters, which might encourage more of the non-core to return more regularly/at all.

• React
Reactions: m
It says 'a historic new agreement between the club and Firoka, .. gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses'. It doesn't read to me like we have to clean the areas or whatever - it's just clarifying that the deals relates to food within the ground, not outside.

Not sure you need to refer to someone as 'Mr Fans Council'.

The concourse is everything under the stand, catering, toilets, cupboards. So I would of thought we are now responsible for the maintenance/cleaning of those areas. I reckon long term a new lease where we have full control of the stadium, maintenance of it and improvements could be struck with Kassam since its showing its age now.

The concourse is everything under the stand, catering, toilets, cupboards. So I would of thought we are now responsible for the maintenance/cleaning of those areas. I reckon long term a new lease where we have full control of the stadium, maintenance of it and improvements could be struck with Kassam since its showing its age now.
It says 'gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses' - doesn't mention cleaning?

It says 'gives the club the rights for the catering and concessions within the stadium concourses' - doesn't mention cleaning?

The latest statement says that, but when the story was broke yesterday on twitter by the club it said control of the concourses. Maybe it was a miss print.

It clearly states " catering and concessions within the stadium concourses" I cannot see how the toilets have become designated a concession.

It clearly states " catering and concessions within the stadium concourses" I cannot see how the toilets have become designated a concession.

Read above , I didn't realise the statement had changed. The one I read yesterday from the club said control of the concourses. They must of changed it.

Back
Top Bottom