General Stadium Catering

No. OUFC as a private business is desperate for any cash flow they can get after the last few months. No different to Farrs. So yes, we should be looking for any form of cut we as a club can get.
Are you Kassam in disguise?!?

I think sometimes it’s worth looking beyond the black and white.

Ive got no idea how much a van makes at the Ka££am but let’s say 10% of the 2000 spend £10 each and the van makes £2000 before costs (staff, stock, fuel etc). They then have an agreement with the club to pay 20% (£400) in pitch rent.

If the club were in such a dire financial position that the £400 is detrimental then we need to get out with collection buckets!

Now if I worked at the club I’d be thinking along the lines of... the match day experience is and has been historically pretty crap at the Kassam. We’ve finally found a local catering company who do a decent job of providing food and drink to our fans and are far better than some of the previous companies. They’ve had a bit of a crap year so let’s forget about the £400, they can have that and hopefully it means they’ll be here in the good times and we don’t have to find another catering company.

Who knows, when we do go back to normal perhaps the money we’ve lost by not asking Farrs for cash is recouped by returning, new, pay on the day fans who haven’t left disappointed after queuing 20 minutes for a warm bottle of carlsberg and a cold processed hotdog.

I believe Farrs pay the stadium company for their right to trade at the stadium, rather than Oxford United.

I believe Farrs pay the stadium company for their right to trade at the stadium, rather than Oxford United.
I know people that boycott them because of this, but these are the same people who drank in The Priory, which was the exact same setup. Rent paid to Kassam.

The glass bar on the other hand... Is that not run by Kassam, with all cash going to him?

I know people that boycott them because of this, but these are the same people who drank in The Priory, which was the exact same setup. Rent paid to Kassam.

The glass bar on the other hand... Is that not run by Kassam, with all cash going to him?
You could argue that by buying season tickets/merchandise from the club is going against a boycott as some of that money goes to Kassam!!
When the boycott first started with the food and drink wasn’t that due to all the kiosks being ran by Kassam? With Farrs I’d say it is slightly different and we should be trying to support a small, family run business.

You could argue that by buying season tickets/merchandise from the club is going against a boycott as some of that money goes to Kassam!!
When the boycott first started with the food and drink wasn’t that due to all the kiosks being ran by Kassam? With Farrs I’d say it is slightly different and we should be trying to support a small, family run business.
100%, like we did for Tim @ The Priory.

"When the boycott first started with the food and drink wasn’t that due to all the kiosks being ran by Kassam?" - AFAIK it has always been contracted out. One year I seem to recall it was the same company that did Bournemouth, because the Bournemouth club crest was on a bunch of the signage.

We are lucky to have Farrs catering team who always look to communicate with fans and allow us to decide what is supplied in the concourses etc. I'm happy to have them on board as long as they can make a living for their families. I have no doubt they would donate a proportion of profits to the club but I'm sure the rent Kassam charges probably restricts the likelihood of that ever happening, the club know all about his rent...

They also made some extremely generous donations to the Ultras displays down the years, some of those displays might not have gone ahead without their donation too.

Let’s see Farrs start first. [emoji106]

Maybe instead of offering the ultras money for displays flags in the past, the club could use that money better instead of asking fans not claim their season ticket / match day ticket money back.

Maybe instead of offering the ultras money for displays flags in the past, the club could use that money better instead of asking fans not claim their season ticket / match day ticket money back.
What is massive money to the Ultras would be an absolute pittance to a football club of OUFCs size. I doubt you'd see a return on your money the same way as the displays managed.

The point is Farrs have done a lot to help OUFC in different ways, asking them to donate money before yourself is a little hypocritical IMO.

If it is a pittance as you call it, why ask for it in the first place?

It’s not like the FOUL days when the begging buckets were out.

We have billionaires involved with the club so if anyone won’t miss a few K’s, it’s them..

If it is a pittance as you call it, why ask for it in the first place?

It’s not like the FOUL days when the begging buckets were out.

We have billionaires involved with the club so if anyone won’t miss a few K’s, it’s them..
The answer to that question is literally in the post you've just replied to.
If you missed it:

What is massive money to the Ultras would be an absolute pittance to a football club of OUFCs size.

Oh good, well in that case you won't mind Farrs keeping the money and helping their own families out after all? Glad that's finally settled!

A long as the club don’t start with the pleas for people not to ask for a refund!!

Which was rejected? And about 5 years before the pandemic?

Is the club logo still trademarked? If so then anyone using it on flags and other merchandise would need to get the clubs permission to use it wouldn’t they? The club would also be entitled to a cut of any money surely?

Is the club logo still trademarked? If so then anyone using it on flags and other merchandise would need to get the clubs permission to use it wouldn’t they? The club would also be entitled to a cut of any money surely?

Instead of whinging like your victim mates always do, why not drop the club an email and ask..

Whilst you’re at it, can you ask why they haven’t responded to at least 3 separate emails from 3 different people all to different email address’s relating to the same subject that is supporter experience at home games. [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom