General Stadium Catering

How about vending machines with lager, cider etc in plastic bottles? That would speed the process up for the people who only want a drink not food.

Not allowed bottles with lids on......

Maybe something for the OUSP to present to the club
Try reading the minutes from the meetings.

December meeting, section 7 "Concourse catering"

Having said that, aren't you opposed to the OUSP?

Try reading the minutes from the meetings.

December meeting, section 7 "Concourse catering"

Having said that, aren't you opposed to the OUSP?
💤💤💤

An app to preorder for half time is being trialled. The club is also working with breweries to try to source beer in plastic bottles that would not need to be poured at all. (in last minutes).

What liaising between club and Farrs takes place to determine the anticipated crowd size, in order to prevent loss of revenue due to stock selling out before you can get to the front of the queue at half time?

What liaising between club and Farrs takes place to determine the anticipated crowd size, in order to prevent loss of revenue due to stock selling out before you can get to the front of the queue at half time?
I think if this was trialled there would have to be a dedicated point at the kiosks to deal with pre orders only.

I think if this was trialled there would have to be a dedicated point at the kiosks to deal with pre orders only.
The simple answer to that is, no. Pre-orders would be dealt with by the same staff dealing with all other orders. Duplicating staff and till points would not be cost effective nor would the segregation of tills make any sense to the normal punter.

It's probably more complex than simply an attendance issue , but will ask the question.
On Weds night, when we had a good crowd, I popped to the loo at half time and there were only 4 people queuing at the kiosk, so I nipped over and got a drink. Usually it's packed. I think many people were avoiding the concourse areas unnecessarily in the light of Covid advice. On Saturday it was much busier. I suspect Farrs had a lot of wastage on Weds and possibly reduced levels for Saturday on the back of changed crowd behaviour.

The simple answer to that is, no. Pre-orders would be dealt with by the same staff dealing with all other orders. Duplicating staff and till points would not be cost effective nor would the segregation of tills make any sense to the normal punter.
They wouldn't need tills as they would be paid for on the app, so a separate point would be feasible.

I understand what you’re saying but what would be the point of a pre order if you still have to queue, it wouldn’t soeeed things up that much surely. If you have to give your name and your order number and then for the staff member to find the order.

They wouldn't need tills as they would be paid for on the app, so a separate point would be feasible.
I understand what you’re saying but what would be the point of a pre order if you still have to queue, it wouldn’t soeeed things up that much surely. If you have to give your name and your order number and then for the staff member to find the order.
Strikes me that a collection point would still produce a queue, would still require a receipt/proof of purchase to be be inspected and would result in a duplication of staff again.
Staffing is the major issue within the concourse outlets, if the agency that provides them can be persuaded to find a few more (and get them to turn up!) then things ought to get more efficient. Stock is another issue, current supply chains are not reliable and availability of some items will vary enormously. This can in turn put folk off queuing if they have little faith in being able to purchase what is wanted.

Agree, it will definitely need its own queue otherwise it’s a waste of time. Perhaps an option would be that all orders have to be in by 3:30(for example) and the collections can be made from one of the smaller booths(where they sell programmes and used to have a bookmaker)

Strikes me that a collection point would still produce a queue, would still require a receipt/proof of purchase to be be inspected and would result in a duplication of staff again.
Staffing is the major issue within the concourse outlets, if the agency that provides them can be persuaded to find a few more (and get them to turn up!) then things ought to get more efficient. Stock is another issue, current supply chains are not reliable and availability of some items will vary enormously. This can in turn put folk off queuing if they have little faith in being able to purchase what is wanted.
But if there was a dedicated queue with the orders directly behind them where they can retrieve said items no payment needed as it has already been made. Whereas if they ore orders are picked up from any queue with the queues the length they are if your 10th in a queue it is possible that you would kiss the start of the 2nd half due to queuing time. It’s going to be a problem whichever way it is administered.

No I think a separate pre-order queue would speed things up massively. If they had all the orders already made up, just sat on the side in numerical order then you’d just need to quickly show the server the order number on your phone and pick up your stuff, and on to the next one. Would remove loads of people from the main queues and therefore speed up the whole process, and would only need one or two extra member of staff to serve as the orders would be made up during the first half.

No I think a separate pre-order queue would speed things up massively. If they had all the orders already made up, just sat on the side in numerical order then you’d just need to quickly show the server the order number on your phone and pick up your stuff, and on to the next one. Would remove loads of people from the main queues and therefore speed up the whole process, and would only need one or two extra member of staff to serve as the orders would be made up during the first half.
As said, staffing is the issue.

Back
Top Bottom