Casting?

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
I wonder if the new EFL iFollow app will allow casting, its a must these days!

I'm amazed there's no casting option, it's surely the most basic way to ensure fans can get the game on most of the smart telly brands without resorting to cables.

Interesting thing added is the audio option to switch between Home/Away commentary

If you have an Android mobile you can cast from "Settings", "Bluetooth & Device Connection", "Cast". This works perfectly with my Google Chromecast

If you have an Android mobile you can cast from "Settings", "Bluetooth & Device Connection", "Cast". This works perfectly with my Google Chromecast
For casting there's normally a little symbol in the top right corner isn't there? I haven't tried this as when I've watched ifollow my wife has been watching Bake-Off!

No matter how you view it our defence is still wanting, and Eastwood made a clanger for their 2nd!!

I tried to use a lightning digital av cable from my phone and that doesn’t work either. Any ideas I am not the greatest with technology sometimes.

I tried to use a lightning digital av cable from my phone and that doesn’t work either. Any ideas I am not the greatest with technology sometimes.
Same here: iPad to Samsung telly.
Transfers sound and/or a frozen image.
Given up and listen to RadOx .

Same here: iPad to Samsung telly.
Transfers sound and/or a frozen image.
Given up and listen to RadOx .
Thanks I thought it was me being a bit rubbish with technology. I watch via ifollow on my computer but hoped I could via tv.

It’s not going to apply to everyone but if you have an Xbox hooked up to your TV you can log in and stream video using Monument browser (Free), which you can’t do on its standard browser. I imagine PS4 will have an alternative too. Firefox works well for video streaming on firestick also. A lot of other browsers don’t allow you to stream video.
Also those with Smart TV’s should check the internet browsers available on their TV and try to login to iFollow via their TV.

HDMI cable from your computer to the TV, if the computer has HDMI that is...

Definitely the simplest approach. The video quality is surprisingly good, even on a much larger screen.

If you don’t have one, pretty much anywhere that stocks anything electrical (e.g. larger Tesco’s, Carphone Warehouse - when are they ever going to change that ridiculous name?) would have them. If not, Amazon, obviously.

Worth investing in a good quality one for around £10.

Really annoys me you can't cast from phone to chromecast on ifollow

I understand they are worried about piracy but anyone can run a hdmi from computer to TV. Just frustrates your customers and makes them more likely to go pirate!

I understand they are worried about piracy but anyone can run a hdmi from computer to TV. Just frustrates your customers and makes them more likely to go pirate!
In this day and age everything should have a cast option.

Have you tried a USB C to HDMI cable into your TV, most modern android will do this and mirror their screens, irrespective of the app being used. If anyone has an adaptor try it.

Amazon Link

Have you tried a USB C to HDMI cable into your TV, most modern android will do this and mirror their screens, irrespective of the app being used. If anyone has an adaptor try it.

Amazon Link
That would work im sure but my point is if it does work wired whats the point in blocking it wireless. It just annoys people.

Back
Top Bottom