Carlsberg or lack in the SSU

Cornish Yellow

So Saturday before the match a 500 ml bottle of Carlsberg's finest was £4.00 half time arrived and suddenly all the fridges were devoid of said finest but were full of Bud's finest at £4.40 for a 330ml bottle.
The Carlsberg is hard to swallow but the Bud was making me choke. So the box of 20 bottles I bought from Morrisons on Thursday for £10 has a match day value of £88.00. I've heard of mark ups but really this has to be one of the best!!!

I tweeted Farrs and Bud is in for next season. They did a vote on Twitter and Bud won, good knows who voted for them when Stella was on the menu!

1389I was going to have cider instead, but had run out. Opted for Bud. Not paying that.

I thought the same, couldn't believe they were charging £4.40 for a 330ml bottle. Bet people wouldn't have voted for it if they had known that!

I don't even mind paying £4 for the Carlsberg, at least that's a 500ml bottle, but £4.40 for a bottle only just over half the size is quite literally taking the p**s.
I've also seen one or two people swigging from cans in the concourse, presumably they brought them in themselves. Not a bad idea if you can get away with it....

Can't quite believe this change. Who in their right minds would, firstly, vote for Budweiser, and secondly, vote for virtually half the amount of beer at the same cost (if not more?).

I'll stick to the Blackbird until 2:50 from now on then!

I initially thought they must be just running the stocks down as it was the end of the season as there was no Carlsberg nor draught beer!
Although I did feel sorry for the Farrs guy on Saturday - they've recently introduced card payments which is a big improvement, except the little machine they have quite often struggles to get a signal down there, meaning both frustrated buyers and sellers and queues building due to having to wait.

ok , now don’t panic, carlsberg isn’t going anywhere, yet.

Budweiser is an additional line for everyone who complained that carlsberg is, and I quote, “P**s water”

We had ordered carlsberg, the order was placed early and my dear friends at carlsberg made a bit of a boo boo, they managed to book my order for delivery on Friday at 12:00, I politely reminded them that this was no good, luckily we were able to get bud in from another supplier at very very short notice.

So don’t panic, carlsberg is staying. Now for concern number 2. Yes it is more expensive, and yes it is smaller, my profit margin is worse on the bud then carlsberg, but I wasn’t ready to hit you lot with the £4.80 / £5.00 that I know other places are charging. See, I do have a kind side.......

So for next year, carlsberg, bud, Somersby & Kopparberg are all available.

Now for Point number 3. Credit cards, bloody things, we have got a small amount of card machines in the stadium, they are not the best in the world as they rely on 2G/3G signal, and as we all know as we try to snap chat from the concourse that signal isn’t great, but at the minute they are the only machines on the market that I don’t have to rent or guarantee a minimum spend every month on every machine. Trials are ongoing and I ask you to check the signs above each till which will tell you if that machine is taking card.

We will be offering offers next season on alcohol. So keep your eyes posted for details, and I am in discussion to solve an issue that has been annoying the hell out of us and you for the past 4 years, if it can be sorted I think it will make a hell of a difference, needless to say i’ll keep you posted.

Singa update, at the moment as they only bottle in glass bottles we cannot stock in the stadium, they take far too long to pour every bottle into a plastic cup.

But, apart from that, I would like to thank you all for your continued support this year (well, most of you) and we look forward to many more to come. Oh and where did that finish come from, well done boys, well done?

ok , now don’t panic, carlsberg isn’t going anywhere, yet.

Budweiser is an additional line for everyone who complained that carlsberg is, and I quote, “P**s water”

We had ordered carlsberg, the order was placed early and my dear friends at carlsberg made a bit of a boo boo, they managed to book my order for delivery on Friday at 12:00, I politely reminded them that this was no good, luckily we were able to get bud in from another supplier at very very short notice.

So don’t panic, carlsberg is staying. Now for concern number 2. Yes it is more expensive, and yes it is smaller, my profit margin is worse on the bud then carlsberg, but I wasn’t ready to hit you lot with the £4.80 / £5.00 that I know other places are charging. See, I do have a kind side.......

So for next year, carlsberg, bud, Somersby & Kopparberg are all available.

Now for Point number 3. Credit cards, bloody things, we have got a small amount of card machines in the stadium, they are not the best in the world as they rely on 2G/3G signal, and as we all know as we try to snap chat from the concourse that signal isn’t great, but at the minute they are the only machines on the market that I don’t have to rent or guarantee a minimum spend every month on every machine. Trials are ongoing and I ask you to check the signs above each till which will tell you if that machine is taking card.

We will be offering offers next season on alcohol. So keep your eyes posted for details, and I am in discussion to solve an issue that has been annoying the hell out of us and you for the past 4 years, if it can be sorted I think it will make a hell of a difference, needless to say i’ll keep you posted.

Singa update, at the moment as they only bottle in glass bottles we cannot stock in the stadium, they take far too long to pour every bottle into a plastic cup.

But, apart from that, I would like to thank you all for your continued support this year (well, most of you) and we look forward to many more to come. Oh and where did that finish come from, well done boys, well done?
That's great, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Back
Top Bottom