Cardiff 1 - Oxford 3 1994 (THAT Moody goal)

• Thread starter Deleted member 142
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 142

Another treat of a find. I don’t think a goals compilation was made for 94/95 (please correct me if I’m wrong as I’d love to get hold one one) and these goals have eluded me until now.

A great win for Ox and features one of the all time great Paul Moody goals.

Another treat of a find. I don’t think a goals compilation was made for 94/95 (please correct me if I’m wrong as I’d love to get hold one one) and these goals have eluded me until now.

A great win for Ox and features one of the all time great Paul Moody goals.

I was there but cant remember seeing that since. Thanks.
I always thought that goal started in our half. Not quite.

That season was indeed released as a compilation on VHS, as was the promotion season the following year.
I have the promotion year and the one preceeding it. Even on the hooky DVD transfers that did the rounds a few years ago, this season has always been missing.

Must look harder!

Shame it stopped really, would have thought season goal compilations would sell quite well.
Anyone who has a copy that I could buy, or arrange to make a copy of, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

That season was bloody weird. We started off playing glorious football, looked like we were going to walk the league. Top at Christmas from what I remember. We played Wycombe for the first time in the league on Boxing Day at The Manor, and managed to lose, a result which seemed to knock all the confidence out of the side and we went on a poor run and managed to miss out on even getting into the playoffs. (well that's my memory of it anyway)

That season was bloody weird. We started off playing glorious football, looked like we were going to walk the league. Top at Christmas from what I remember. We played Wycombe for the first time in the league on Boxing Day at The Manor, and managed to lose, a result which seemed to knock all the confidence out of the side and we went on a poor run and managed to miss out on even getting into the playoffs. (well that's my memory of it anyway)
more or less how I remember that season too.... all those chairmakers celebrating at the final whistle on boxing day ... it was as if theyd won the world cup .... suppose as previous WW visits to Oxford was playing against ' City , it was like winning the world cup , bless em

Has there been a better U’s hat trick ?

Three superb finishes.

I’m sure Moods scored a brilliant goal at the Manor later that season when he ran
with the ball from around 50 yards out and finished under the ‘keeper at the LRE.
(Huddersfield?)

That was a fantastic day. Moods was imperious and it was LIMBS for all of the goals. Got a tad edgy coming out after the game though.
Yes, I remember the home supporters weren’t happy. Yellow scarves (and big grins) hidden on walk back to the car!

more of a glocs rugby 'cherry reds' fan was Russon, ...if memory serves ? :unsure:
yes I think so but back in the day one couldn't say his name with out saying 'Swindon fan' much the same as one couldn't not add 'out' to Brian Horton
;)

more of a glocs rugby 'cherry reds' fan was Russon, ...if memory serves ? :unsure:
He's a Hereford fan and served on their board for a time.

I met him once and lightheartedly accused him of bias towards Swindon. He told me that he was often accused of the opposite by the freaks. I think he could tell that I was amazed that TV had reached their parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom