Carabao Cup - Manchester City (H) SOLD OUT

Don’t get the problem, we want more people to come surely?

Our fan base is bigger than the 6,000 who turn up every game anyway, some people follow us but can only make a few games every season for whatever reason, are they not allowed to attend the glamorous games?
Would the ST holders/real fans be happier if the ground was half-full for games like this (no "plastics") Or would they prefer more away fans in the ground?

Our fan base is bigger than the 6,000 who turn up every game anyway, some people follow us but can only make a few games every season for whatever reason, are they not allowed to attend the glamorous games?
It’s a bit like the people who moan about their local pub always being dead, then moaning when a coach party comes in because they can’t stand in their normal position or get a pint at the click of their fingers.
Enjoy it for what it is, it’s keeping the pub open.

Being an exile I only get to 6 or 7 home games and a couple of away games each season. But I cheer a lot louder than the miserable season ticket holders who sit around me and go regularly. So who is the plastic?

Neither you or the ST holders are plastic. It's just that you haven't been worn down as much as the regulars ?.

Ignoring the away support, there are two types of fans going to the game:
1. Those going because Oxford are playing
2. Those going because Oxford are playing Man City.
We need the 2s to pitch up to more of the run of the mill matches.

Would the ST holders/real fans be happier if the ground was half-full for games like this (no "plastics") Or would they prefer more away fans in the ground?

Oi, I'm a season ticket holder and I have no problem with those buying Man City tickets, whether it be their 1st game (we all had one) or they haven't missed a game (home or away) for seasons.

It will be interesting to see how many « plastic » fans fill the directors box? Or are these supporters allowed to be different? As a season ticket holder it’s only right that they have first dib at any tickets, but that does not make them any better than a supporters who attends on a regular basis. Disgusted that the game was not deemed good enough for live tv.

Based on our average attendance, and the fact we have sold 10,000 tickets, some "plastics" will be at the Kassam a week Tuesday.

Not sure it's the exact same £6,000 who come every week. So we probably do have 10,000 odd who make at least a handful of games each season.

My tickets arrived today :)

Surely with the way the club has sold the tickets it's not possible for the "plastics" to even get a look in? I mean they sold out before general sale which means you had to be on the database at the very least which means they have been to games before. I think the club have done it perfectly to be honest.

My tickets arrived today :)

Surely with the way the club has sold the tickets it's not possible for the "plastics" to even get a look in? I mean they sold out before general sale which means you had to be on the database at the very least which means they have been to games before. I think the club have done it perfectly to be honest.

I think to some of our “real” fans you are a plastic if you have a life outside of Oxford United FC, if you don’t attend every single game then you are not a real fan, they would be happy if there were 147 at each game.

It’s a bit like the people who moan about their local pub always being dead, then moaning when a coach party comes in because they can’t stand in their normal position or get a pint at the click of their fingers.
Enjoy it for what it is, it’s keeping the pub open.
I cant get a pint by clicking my fingers. My Landlord usually walks the other way.

I am not interested whether its a glamour tie or not. Certainly not going to swoon over Man City. Football league and FA Cup for me... a true cup competition More than happy for floaters to swell the United coffers.

I cant get a pint by clicking my fingers. My Landlord usually walks the other way.

I am not interested whether its a glamour tie or not. Certainly not going to swoon over Man City. Football league and FA Cup for me... a true cup competition More than happy for floaters to swell the United coffers.
A bit strange to dismiss the one major trophy that we have won as not being a true competition?

You clearly didn’t read my first line
Don’t blame him you miserable fucker, anyway what’s wrong with the league cup, seem to remember you enjoying Wembley in 86.

As a season ticket holder I was surprised at the number of tickets I was allowed to buy. I will give these to family members; some are less regular than others but I feel sorry for fans who couldn't get a ticket.

Being an exile I only get to 6 or 7 home games and a couple of away games each season. But I cheer a lot louder than the miserable season ticket holders who sit around me and go regularly. So who is the plastic?

Not you sir, come when you can and bring the noise

Back
Top Bottom