Carabao Cup - Manchester City (H) SOLD OUT

Another little Oxford Utd/Man City link thought. I remember being on holiday in Fuerteventura when I found out Horton had got the City managers job. I was totally gobsmacked, and not sorry to see him go. It was only in retrospect that I realised what a good job he did for us under difficult circumstances. Probably another case, as with Wilder, of a decent managers achievements being tarnished by hanging around a little too long, if that makes sense..?

I remember dancing around the room when a friend gave me the news - thought Christmas had come early! Going to beg to differ on a good job in difficult circumstances, dreadful manager and most of us at the time were desperate for him to get the boot............ only for Man City to take him off our hands and pay us compensation for doing so (there once was a god)!

I remember dancing around the room when a friend gave me the news - thought Christmas had come early! Going to beg to differ on a good job in difficult circumstances, dreadful manager and most of us at the time were desperate for him to get the boot............ only for Man City to take him off our hands and pay us compensation for doing so (there once was a god)!
Brian Horton was a great manager, excellent attacking team with good home record. They were terrible away however which meant the real hard core didn’t rate him

Anybody got any idea when tickets will go to Season ticket holders?

Man City used to be a proper club but it's just another plastic franchise like the rest of that rancid overpriced and over rated league!

Man City used to be a proper club but it's just another plastic franchise like the rest of that rancid overpriced and over rated league!

Maybe but an awful lot of their fans are still real supporters who’ve been going since they were sh!t

Personally, don't give a monkeys whether they are plastic or anything else. They are a huge club with a lot of support. The game will bring income by the shed load. High profile team means OUFC in the limelight. Good for business, good for recruitment, good for attracting local support and a chance for all of us to dream of pulling off a surprise!
Tiger should be able to persuade some high ranking business advertising and perhaps even forge stronger links to investment.

Maybe but an awful lot of their fans are still real supporters who’ve been going since they were sh!t

I know a few who were going for generations and some just don't go anymore as their club changed so much.

Do you know why city chose that colour for their kit ? ?

Back
Top Bottom