League Cup Carabao cup 3rd round - West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the interest in West Ham if you are Oxford for Ever. Is West Ham your "second team"?

Zero interest in them I am a U's fan who wondered if they have tickets for the home section. Don't want idiots from either club making an a**e of themselves.

Wonder how many hammers will be in the home sections.
IMO there'll be a few dotted about - as there was V Citeh last season, ( Citeh fans not Hammers fans of course !) .... most of em based in theOxford/Oxon area, and occasional, very occasional, visitors to the breeze block or have mates who are, so the basic database requirements are 'met'

IMO there'll be a few dotted about - as there was V Citeh last season, ( Citeh fans not Hammers fans of course !) .... most of em based in theOxford/Oxon area, and occasional, very occasional, visitors to the breeze block or have mates who are, so the basic database requirements are 'met'

Agree, not into the keyboard warrior nonsense but I read something online that seemed to suggest that being the case.

Update on sales as of 5pm on Wednesday and an apology as my spreadsheet was faulty (motto of the tale is don't rush when it comes to dot counting!!) when it came to my post on Monday which meant that I overstated our home sales at that point by 399.

So, correct figures on Monday at 5pm were 7602 home sales + 1247 away sales for a total of 8849
Updated figures for Wednesday at 5pm are 7864 home sales + 1247 away sales for a total of 9111

There are 1915 home seats left for sale -

South Stand Lower - 666
South Stand Upper - 260 (some prime seats in Block 12 have been released over he last two days - this area was previously 'sold out')
Oxford Mail Stand - 467 (this has been selling by far the fastest, accounting for 138 of the 262 sales in the past 48 hours)
North Stand - 522 (only 24 left in the two open blocks 24 & 25 with the remainder in the family section)

At the current rate of sales, the crowd should be around 10,000.

Agree, not into the keyboard warrior nonsense but I read something online that seemed to suggest that being the case.
... while the cup game a week tonight V WHU is likely to a sell out or close to sell out, quite a few going to the match in the home stands are going to the game to see a Prem club play OUFC, as opposed to actually being OUFC supporters ( as the home attendance of less than 6k V Tranmere in the League kind of confirms) ... that said, it the U's deliver a battling performance, or even better, manage to beat WHU , the performance and/or result may win a few of them over to become semi regular supporters ?

With current sales as they are think we will give West Ham the extra block of 600...instead of releasing them for home fans, making their total around 1,800 which is the same for league games.

With current sales as they are think we will give West Ham the extra block of 600...instead of releasing them for home fans, making their total around 1,800 which is the same for league games.
I'd guess that we'd look to do this. I'd imagine that West Ham would have a waiting list and could shift the 600 in no more than a day or 2. We would still have over 1000 standard tickets and 500 odd in the family sections. I'd also have thought that we could do more to attract families along to the game. Posts on social media about creating fans for future etc to help generate more interest rather than having one section half full.

Zero interest in them I am a U's fan who wondered if they have tickets for the home section. Don't want idiots from either club making an a**e of themselves.

I know of several who have tickets for the home section(s). However the ones I know are respectful and should West Ham score you wouldn’t know they were there. Just going to support their team any way they can. You have to remember the days of the two headed monsters of the 1980s “iiiii ceeee efff” have long gone.

If you’re correct then it would be better that the WHU fans be thrown out.

I know of several who have tickets for the home section(s). However the ones I know are respectful and should West Ham score you wouldn’t know they were there. Just going to support their team any way they can. You have to remember the days of the two headed monsters of the 1980s “iiiii ceeee efff” have long gone.
But if they’re spotted they will be thrown out.

Are you saying that the WHU will be in the east stand as you’ve seen it on line? And if so are they looking for a row?

Where did I say that?
I just mentioned I believe there may be some in the home sections!

Are you saying that the WHU will be in the east stand as you’ve seen it on line? And if so are they looking for a row?

There will be, Bazzer.

I don't think anyone will be looking for a row.

Calm down Baz, as I said earlier a few West Ham fans have tickets for home sections, they are not troublesome nor are they looking for anything other than to watch their team in a respectful manner. To be quite honest I can’t imagine that their “firm” will even bother coming as they have an interesting day on Sunday. It’s not like the old days anymore.

There was a few that used to go to Oxford Dogs and were decent blokes, if memory serves me right 1 or 2 of them were part of the famous Quality Street Gang that relieved the Bookmakers of huge sums up and down the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom