National News Captain Tom Moore

AbbeyOx

The gentleman is a true legend 99 y.o and walking 100 times around his garden amazing effort ?

I have watched reports on this wonderful man several times and each time it brings a tear to my eye. What a star.

Brilliant achievement by someone who comes across as a real gent. Goes without saying of course that he shouldn't need to be doing this. The NHS isn't a charity and should be properly funded by the government.
Agreed but this for me is all about a good news story in a time when we could use one rather than the money which will in fact fund the NHS for 45 minutes in total if I've got my maths right.

Brilliant achievement by someone who comes across as a real gent. Goes without saying of course that he shouldn't need to be doing this. The NHS isn't a charity and should be properly funded by the government.

He`s fund raising for https://www.nhscharitiestogether.co.uk/ not the NHS per se. As above £12 or £13 million would be gone in an hour or less.
Fair play to him though, an encapsulation of British spirit & determination.

Fairly certain the NHS let alone the NHS charities this money has been raised for, didn't fund Boris' letter. Unnecessary cheap shots just sound petty.

This thread should purely be about the efforts of one individual getting up and doing something for a cause they, themself felt was worthwhile and politicising it personally feels disrespectful. We have other more appropriate threads to do that in.

cut n paste from Dave Clarke Motorcycles on social media ...

Captain Tom Moore, on his Scott bike which he raced in Yorkshire after the war. Legend isn’t enough of a compliment for this man. But the fact that he raced bikes takes up up another level. Honour the man and lets hope he gets knighted, on his 100th birthday would be nice (30/04/20)

93838203_4370793222946962_2503726459076476928_o.jpg

Fairly certain the NHS let alone the NHS charities this money has been raised for, didn't fund Boris' letter. Unnecessary cheap shots just sound petty.

This thread should purely be about the efforts of one individual getting up and doing something for a cause they, themself felt was worthwhile and politicising it personally feels disrespectful. We have other more appropriate threads to do that in.
The guy is an absolute legend and deserves to be Knighted but there is only so much money to go around and if Boris is wasting it on completely pointless letters it's an insult to this guy and all those who have donated.

Oh, don't worry, @QR knows all about politicising on other threads!! ?

100% agree that during dark times we need to find and embrace moments of light more than ever. This may have only started as a small gesture by Captain Tom, but he has captured the nations hearts and deserves everything that comes his way.

And the money raised will go towards many of those who are making such a huge difference as well as those most affected by this ongoing tragedy. I truly hope that everyone on here can give just a little and put aside all of the rest of the crap for one moment.

The guy is an absolute legend and deserves to be Knighted but there is only so much money to go around and if Boris is wasting it on completely pointless letters it's an insult to this guy and all those who have donated.

Pathetic politicising yet again - as well as being totally ignorant to the way the NHS CHARITIES actually work!!

Back
Top Bottom