Ex Player Canice Carroll - joins scum

Crickey Ricky, I really have upset you. My use of 'window licker' was not meant in anyway to draw comparisons to folk with disabilities such as Downs. If I have offended then I am truly sorry.
Now back to what I am trying to say (being more careful with my words). Those that compare CC to Hitler and his beard to a Muslim, bearing in mind he is one of our own that fell out of favour with the current management, is unintelligent. Don't get me wrong, I am all for banter at the best of times but some of the comments on this thread and across social media are embarrassing.
Keep it real (it's only football!)

You were making a lot of sense until the last bit! ?Only football he says ??

Some of the chants yesterday were a little embarrassing to listen to. Maybe it's being older, but I really don't care a whole lot about Carroll going to Swindon on loan.
So what were these chants then and more to the point what the hell was the point of them?
In what way does chanting presumably offensive (or at least derogatory) things about someone who isn't there who has moved on loan to play for a team that we weren't playing achieve anything??

Personally, I would like to see someone who has come through our system make a success of his career, not least a vote of confidence for all those who work in our set-up, so the way that some of our alumni are treated will forever astound me.

Crickey Ricky, I really have upset you. My use of 'window licker' was not meant in anyway to draw comparisons to folk with disabilities such as Downs. If I have offended then I am truly sorry.
Now back to what I am trying to say (being more careful with my words). Those that compare CC to Hitler and his beard to a Muslim, bearing in mind he is one of our own that fell out of favour with the current management, is unintelligent. Don't get me wrong, I am all for banter at the best of times but some of the comments on this thread and across social media are embarrassing.
Keep it real (it's only football!)

It’s not that you’ve upset just me or that I’m some sort of sensitive little soul that gets easily offended in the world. I can assure you I’m not that ilk.

It’s that you were unpleasant towards and perpetuated a negativity towards thousands of perfectly lovely kind people.

Thank you for apologizing. I hope it goes deeper than that and you’ll amend your ways to speak in kinder terms in future

Straight into the team against Macclesfield last week and started yesterday too. Praised by manager for making the right decision in the final third "at times".

Now on loan at Carlisle. Came on as a sub for the last 5 mins against Dulwich Hamlet. A long way from home.

Now on loan at Carlisle. Came on as a sub for the last 5 mins against Dulwich Hamlet. A long way from home.

A little bit odd that he looked like a decent squad option for us in League One, but was happy to ditch us to move to Brentford only to be loaned out to League Two sides where he's only getting a little bit more game time than he would have here.

He’s been there all season. From what I can make out, his ninth appearance for Carlisle, most from the bench.

This included a cameo at the Shitpit when he was sent off in the last five minute for chopping down one of the red-shirted lizards.

He’s still one of our own...

He looked a bit wild and headless when he played for us, decent athlete with decent skills but has loads to learn about the game before he can be a proper player. Needs game time to improve so needs to go down to a level where he can play every week for a couple of years, can see him dropping down to non league to work his way back up.

He looked a bit wild and headless when he played for us, decent athlete with decent skills but has loads to learn about the game before he can be a proper player. Needs game time to improve so needs to go down to a level where he can play every week for a couple of years, can see him dropping down to non league to work his way back up.
I agree with this. I remember when we played Fleetwood, he bulldozed into one of their players in the box and gave away a stupid penalty. I sat there thinking ‘what the hell was that??’ Totally brainless to be blunt about it. Even some of his teammates were looking at him a tad perplexed.

I agree with this. I remember when we played Fleetwood, he bulldozed into one of their players in the box and gave away a stupid penalty. I sat there thinking ‘what the hell was that??’ Totally brainless to be blunt about it. Even some of his teammates were looking at him a tad perplexed.
I actually thought he lacked a bit of technical ability and was surprised when Brentford wanted him.

It’s all to do with off the field stuff for CC. There’s certainly a player in him but he needs to sort out his head and off the field s**t. Ox gave him every opportunity but sadly (for him) he didn’t take it. Hence why he’s at the level and the situation he is now in.

It’s all to do with off the field stuff for CC. There’s certainly a player in him but he needs to sort out his head and off the field s**t. Ox gave him every opportunity but sadly (for him) he didn’t take it. Hence why he’s at the level and the situation he is now in.
There were rumours of his attitude and KR seemed to lose patience with.him.fir some reason.
As you suggested there always seemed to be a player in there.

Just seems to make stupid decisions on and off the pitch. Obviously some talent there but what good is it if you cant sort your sh*t out. Always like to see an academy graduate 'make it' but he wouldnt get into our team now and there was never anything I saw that made him stand out as a L1 footballer.

Like a poor man's Ravel Morrison.

Back
Top Bottom