General Can you please help?

Scotchegg

I hope this is ok to share?

My colleagues little boy collapsed whilst playing football, and it was later discovered that he had a tumour in his brain. Treatment was given and it looked like he would recover, but earlier this year his vision became blurred and it was discovered that the tumour had returned, and it was inoperable under the NHS. The boy is only 11, and his only chance of survival is treatment abroad. This will cost around £50,000 and in only a few days so many incredibly generous people have already donated over £30,000. I know that times are hard for so many, but your help could literally save his life and give this little boy the chance to play football again.

Thank you for anything you can do.

A further £10,000 has been donated in the last 24 hours and it is hoped that the target is met in the next couple of days. His Dad is speaking with the surgeon in Spain tomorrow to make arrangements to get Dean the help he desperately needs. I will post updates as they become available, but thank you again for anyone who has been able to help.

I haven't been at work today but I'll catch up with my colleague tomorrow and will continue to provide updates. It's unbelievable that the target has been met in only a few days and there is real hope that this little boy will finally get the treatment he needs.

Thank you to those who have taken an interest in this little lad.

Sadly young Dean lost his battle a few days ago. With the help of so many, he had the opportunity to get the treatment needed to give him a chance, and everything seemed to be going well. Tragically he was taken ill just before he was expected to fly home and didn't make it through.

Rest in peace little man x

Back
Top Bottom