Can 3 year olds play for a football team

oufc1991

I'm not sure where to post this but just wondering if anybody knows if 3 year olds. Can play for a team my son is 3 and loves football he has natural ability with a ball and om.just trying to find out any info much appreciated

I'm not sure where to post this but just wondering if anybody knows if 3 year olds. Can play for a team my son is 3 and loves football he has natural ability with a ball and om.just trying to find out any info much appreciated
Well if I were you I'd just let him be a happy toddler for the time being. From my experience of being a father and a grandfather, "teamwork" is not a concept readily understood at such a tender age!

Not in an official team,but there are a few u5 teams about who play friendlies

I agree with Arthur. I would not entertain putting such a young child into a competitive situation. Nurture the ability by all means but don't put him into a situation where he's likely to encounter a lot of completive and highly protective parents. Children under 6 are emotionally very underdeveloped and their cognitive function is still quite restricted.
Play football with him in the garden/park and give him lots of gentle encouragement, but remember he's playing, not competing.
pm me if you want more guidance.

Although I am sure that he is keen to play, I think you would be advised to wait. Let him decide if he would like to play without any pressure.
In the mean time, the sooner he uses both feet to kick the ball the better. Just start with him slowly walking along with a small ball and taking one touch with each step. This sounds so simple but it is brilliant for improving touch early.

Back
Top Bottom