Current Player #8 Cameron Brannagan

I hope Cam is making a fine recovery. I’m sure he will need a lot of rest and work on fitness to build him up.
Wonder if before Christmas would be too early to see him feature

If it’s purely an eyesight problem couldn’t he keep himself ticking over with runs/fixed exercise bike sessions etc? Fair enough if it’s also a virus which has wiped him out. Hopefully we’ll see him back in Jan

If it’s purely an eyesight problem couldn’t he keep himself ticking over with runs/fixed exercise bike sessions etc? Fair enough if it’s also a virus which has wiped him out. Hopefully we’ll see him back in Jan
It's not the same thing unfortunately, training work can never match the intensity of actual sporting contest, and ticking over won't mat h the intensity of training. It will take him a while to get back to speed.

Eks0LTnX0AEejAA

What a worrying time for Cam. It sounds like he has come out from the other side now though.

Let's hope that he continues his recovery. Whether we see him back soon or this season is incidental - we all want him to get better first.

So delighted to hear he is recovering. He must have been through hell. He is a wonderful lad and comes across really well every time he is interviewed and you can see how much passion

My very best wishes as always. A very traumatic time for him. His health is the most important thing.
I am sure he is looking forward to his most awaited return to football

Absolutely superb interview with Cam, talking to Chris Williams, Jerome Sale, and Dave Pritchard on iFollow, which I'd urge everyone to watch if you can. It's nearly 30 minutes long, but very informative and very uplifting if anyone is feeling a little down, so well worth your time.

My wife went through an almost identical experience 2 years ago, and it was horrendous. From being perfectly well, she started getting blurred vision late October, then on Halloween she lost 90% of her vision like someone flicking a switch off. We had 6 weeks of intensive testing and treatment that gave her near normal sight back in her right eye but still faced a Christmas thinking that it would be the last where she could see our young kids. It was eventually diagnosed as a possible strain of MS but like with Cam, no one really knew. The good news is that 6 months after the initial scare, she had regained 100% sight in her right eye and 50% in the left, and there have been no more complications since and we have been able to adapt as a family. The Oxford Eye Hospital and all the consultants and support staff were wonderful and are still only a phone call away 2 years down the line.

Cam has gone through so much, but its impossible to listen to him and not feel better about everything. He's a real special young man, and a credit to his family and all those around him. Football is almost irrelevant in all of this, but you just know that he'll be back wearing that shirt with pride before long. He's a fighter, a winner, and one of life's good guys - and he's one of us.

Pleased that Cam had some good news. Now is time for Cam to takes his time and fully recover and then get back to his full fitness and do what we know he is capable of.

My wife went through an almost identical experience 2 years ago, and it was horrendous. From being perfectly well, she started getting blurred vision late October, then on Halloween she lost 90% of her vision like someone flicking a switch off. We had 6 weeks of intensive testing and treatment that gave her near normal sight back in her right eye but still faced a Christmas thinking that it would be the last where she could see our young kids. It was eventually diagnosed as a possible strain of MS but like with Cam, no one really knew. The good news is that 6 months after the initial scare, she had regained 100% sight in her right eye and 50% in the left, and there have been no more complications since and we have been able to adapt as a family. The Oxford Eye Hospital and all the consultants and support staff were wonderful and are still only a phone call away 2 years down the line.

Cam has gone through so much, but its impossible to listen to him and not feel better about everything. He's a real special young man, and a credit to his family and all those around him. Football is almost irrelevant in all of this, but you just know that he'll be back wearing that shirt with pride before long. He's a fighter, a winner, and one of life's good guys - and he's one of us.
The eyes are our most important of the senses and it is heartening to hear that your wife was looked after very well.
My wife was diagnosed with glaucoma and it took nagging on my part for her to see an optician who referred her to hospital. Undiagnosed and untreated it can lead to blindness. I try to avoid her driving at night as it causes a lot of flashing which is distracting.
The hospitals in Oxford are amongst the best in the country, one reason why I want to relocate back to Oxford

Back
Top Bottom