Sport Cambridge rowing at home in todays Boatrace

Sarge

God like member
Instead of the Thames , in London, the quitters have got home advantage in today's boatrace as its being held on on their 'home' & practice/ training waterway , the river Ouze ? /Great Ouze near Ely

unlike the Thames, in London, the section being used near Ely is fairly straight and is a shorter distance race distance too

BBC1 are showing the 'momentus' (!) event, live from around 3pm, ....main race set to start at 15.50pm

despite it being a race between damn students , I'd prefer it to be a win (away) for the Oxford Uni Dark Blues

Last edited:
I hope they both sink. Is it too much to ask for some alligators to be released as 'motivation' as well?

Couldn't really care less, but some Takeshi's Castle guards firing stuff at them from the banks would add a bit of interest, at least!

Next year we'll be at home on the Evenlode!

Can`t beat a bit of tradition.... even if it isn`t really "students" anymore...

The walk on music at the start is funny, reminds me of WWF in the 90s!

One of the Oxford crew walked out and Clare Balding said he studied at Kellogg College - surprised the crowd didn’t give him a frosty reception. 👎🏻
Not a fan of all this walk-on music that’s been creeping into sport over the last decade.
It’s as if the powers that be, don’t think the sport in question is a stand alone entertaining event.

Nice of the locals to throw an object in front of the Oxford boat....
.....rumour has it that it was the coffin of the CU vaccine research department

No. The Evenlode has more bends and is not so wide. This gives Oxford an advantage like the slope at the Manor.

Back
Top Bottom