Chairman call for action?

It would be cheaper to close OUFC today than Tiger run it down it down. And I can't see Fizza giving anything away to anyone on a property play.

As for Tiger's plan, we'll have to be patient and wait until April time.

so if that was the case would a simple statement of things "will" be better from April onwards not suffice? seems this is just something else we are meant to cling onto without and foundation.

so if that was the case would a simple statement of things "will" be better from April onwards not suffice? seems this is just something else we are meant to cling onto without and foundation.
The tricky part is if doesn't happen at 00.01 on 1st April, some OUFC snowflakes will have a meltdown that NOTHING has happened and OUFC are just lying. Etc etc

I'm struggling to see why there will be anything at all suddenly happening in April? Is this all based on Erick T being involved in those elections which will have then finished? Because in the absence of any other information that seems quite a lot like adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 22.

isn't that the whole problem with no information coming out of the club. we're just left guessing and filling in the blanks for now

Radio Oxford, being Radio Oxford, have hinted ;) that things could change once the Indonesian Elections are over, but laws being as they are don't permit him getting involved until then.

Kinda topically Secret Affair are touring in april & may , support from Squire , celebrating 40 years since the 79 mod revival & 40 th anniversary of glory boys album .... call for action, time for action, both are more or less the same thing arent they?

Kinda topically Secret Affair are touring in april & may , support from Squire , celebrating 40 years since the 79 mod revival & 40 th anniversary of glory boys album .... call for action, time for action, both are more or less the same thing arent they?
Lol , l think Ian as possible put a bit of weight on since then , as we all have l guess!
How much are the tickets Sarge , "Do you know "?

Lol , l think Ian as possible put a bit of weight on since then , as we all have l guess!
How much are the tickets Sarge , "Do you know "?
Both ian Page and Dave Cairns carrying a bit more timber these days :oops:..... squire with orig singer Anthony Meynell and The Truth with Dennis Greaves (also of 9 below zero) are supporting secret affair on their 40th anniversary of glory boys lp tour .... link for date below (hope i get posting the link right this time !) ..... on the subject of the 79 mod revival, long shot but, does anyone on here know of , know of the wherabouts of any of the members of oxfords short lived mod revival band Six more Phrophets (a fellow exile oufc supporter is trying to track em down for inclusion in a forthcoming book) ?
Link for Secret Affair tour details below

Both ian Page and Dave Cairns carrying a bit more timber these days :oops:..... squire with orig singer Anthony Meynell and The Truth with Dennis Greaves (also of 9 below zero) are supporting secret affair on their 40th anniversary of glory boys lp tour .... link for date below (hope i get posting the link right this time !) ..... on the subject of the 79 mod revival, long shot but, does anyone on here know of , know of the wherabouts of any of the members of oxfords short lived mod revival band Six more Phrophets (a fellow exile oufc supporter is trying to track em down for inclusion in a forthcoming book) ?
Link for Secret Affair tour details below

Tickets are good price tbh, doesn't mention about The Truth on the site. But was ok back in the day , saw them at the old Oxford City ground with 5.30! in support! If l recall right. But can't help with the question, sorry to say.

Last edited:
Tickets are good price tbh, doesn't mention about The Truth on the site. But was ok back in the day , saw them at the old Oxford City ground with 5.30! in support! If l recall right. But can't help with the question, sorry to say.
Was the oxford city gig one of the ones minty put on back then?

The truth play a few dates on glory boys 40th tour....mainly towards the end i think?

Was the oxford city gig one of the ones minty put on back then?
It was early 84 , not sure he organised The Truth one , as if l recall right The Truth did a national tour then. But we did go to other gigs he organised there Makin Time comes to mind. 5.30! Should of had a bigger audience as a very tight band l thought back then.

It was early 84 , not sure he organised The Truth one , as if l recall right The Truth did a national tour then. But we did go to other gigs he organised there Makin Time comes to mind. 5.30! Should of had a bigger audience as a very tight band l thought back then.
every time I run into fay (hallam) she mentions Minty

who (Minty) lives in birmingham area now, goes to as many u's games as he can get to
albeit hes involved in battle recreations... hes a roman legionnaire

every time I run into fay (hallam) she mentions Minty

who (Minty) lives in birmingham area now, goes to as many u's games as he can get to
albeit hes involved in battle recreations... hes a roman legionnaire
Oh , l would not have seen him since the 80s . Good he is still about!

also the truth are appearing at mods mayday 2019 , Islington assembly hall May 5th - £35
not 100% certain, heard a whisper its sold out? following day (6th may) there's a big screen
showing of Quadrophenia along with guest appearances from Lesley Ash (Steph), Phil Daniels (Jimmy)
Mark Wingett (Dave) , Trevor Laird (Ferdy), i believe at the same venue(?) , celebrating 40th anniversary
of the film Quadrophenia

mods mayday info below

• React
Reactions: UTM
Oh , l would not have seen him since the 80s . Good he is still about!
yep , its Minty looking for info/contacts on Oxford mod revival outfit Six More Prophets

last OUFC (related) match minty went to was U'23s away at Wolves last fri (at Wolves)

yep , its Minty looking for info/contacts on Oxford mod revival outfit Six More Prophets

last OUFC (related) match minty went to was U'23s away at Wolves last fri (at Wolves)
Oh l see . I don't even recall them. I guess 5.30! did gigs with them then?

Oh l see . I don't even recall them. I guess 5.30! did gigs with them then?
outside possibility of 6 more Prophets playing along side 5.30 (with Tara Milton fronting them)
i can remember being at 2 Six more Prophets gigs...one being the Oxford Mods Mayday event at the Oxpens cofe- which they only played a few numbers due to 'interference' ! -and at Wolvercote village hall (i think? )

• React
Reactions: UTM
Back
Top Bottom