Chairman call for action?

This will become a much bigger issue if we learn that the staff/players don't get paid this week, and that last weeks payment that was due to HMRC wasn't made.

I'm not an expert on WUP, but I thought that other creditors could support a WUP so jump on the back of the original petitioner. If that has happened it's not going to be just FK that needs to be dealt with in the court but potentially lots of other smaller creditors too fed up with how they have been treated.

Why on earth would you suppose that the staff/player won't get paid?

I can already see this doing the rounds as the next rumour "from a good source" like the Blackpool Hilton affair..........

This will become a much bigger issue if we learn that the staff/players don't get paid this week, and that last weeks payment that was due to HMRC wasn't made.

I'm not an expert on WUP, but I thought that other creditors could support a WUP so jump on the back of the original petitioner. If that has happened it's not going to be just FK that needs to be dealt with in the court but potentially lots of other smaller creditors too fed up with how they have been treated.
We have been told for months that there are loads of contractors who haven't been paid yet none of them have jumped on the previous winding up orders to get their money. So do they exist or is this all rumour and guesswork?

As for the players and staff not being paid, is there any evidence to back this up?

While we're on it, did anyone provide any evidence to back up the idea that lawnmower man wasn't being paid at the training ground? Or that the showers didn't work? Or Blackpool's Premier Inn wasn't paid?

Out of all the investigative journalists, those in the know, and everyone who heard something of someone who has never been wrong before, you'd think that just one of these rumours would be proved by now?!

I can already see this doing the rounds as the next rumour "from a good source" like the Blackpool Hilton affair..........

I'm not saying that they won't get paid and have no information at all to suggest that they won't. But realistically there must be a much greater than average chance that wages won't get paid this month. We have an owner with no money, or unwilling to put any of his money directly into the club, there has been no fresh money into the club from other sources, and if the club don't pay or at least part pay £240K by 27 Feb with agreed guaranteed future payments to clear the debt then the club could be put in the hands of others to manage the finances upon instructions of a judge. If the chairman is juggling money between creditors to pay x and pay y a bit later on when funds become available then fine if it is a simple timing issue. The taxman can always be kicked back a few weeks but it becomes more of a worry playing that game with wages. Trying to find £240K at short notice could be too much to manage.

I'm not saying that they won't get paid and have no information at all to suggest that they won't. But realistically there must be a much greater than average chance that wages won't get paid this month. We have an owner with no money, or unwilling to put any of his money directly into the club, there has been no fresh money into the club from other sources, and if the club don't pay or at least part pay £240K by 27 Feb with agreed guaranteed future payments to clear the debt then the club could be put in the hands of others to manage the finances upon instructions of a judge. If the chairman is juggling money between creditors to pay x and pay y a bit later on when funds become available then fine if it is a simple timing issue. The taxman can always be kicked back a few weeks but it becomes more of a worry playing that game with wages. Trying to find £240K at short notice could be too much to manage.
Where is the evidence that Tiger has no money or is unwilling to put any of his money directly into the club?

Who do you think has been financing the club for the past year?

This is why the club need to provide some clarity on finances otherwise people seem to make up thier own conclusions and talk on here as though they are fact!

A clear statement from our beloved OUFC would put some of the bickering on here to bed!
OUFCX

I think the Blackpool Hilton rumour was a joke.

I'm certain it was - but the rumour came from a post on this very forum that was either misunderstood or taken forward maliciously.

We have been told for months that there are loads of contractors who haven't been paid yet none of them have jumped on the previous winding up orders to get their money. So do they exist or is this all rumour and guesswork?

As for the players and staff not being paid, is there any evidence to back this up?

While we're on it, did anyone provide any evidence to back up the idea that lawnmower man wasn't being paid at the training ground? Or that the showers didn't work? Or Blackpool's Premier Inn wasn't paid?

Out of all the investigative journalists, those in the know, and everyone who heard something of someone who has never been wrong before, you'd think that just one of these rumours would be proved by now?!

Contractors are not going to jump on the WUP. Unless one has a genuine grudge against the club and/or very deep pockets to not get paid this group need to keep the club alive in the hope that one day they will eventually get paid. Winding up the company means they are guaranteed to get nothing.

Kassam is completely different as he has a genuine business reason to get rid of the club. If he gets the club liquidated, the lease on the ground goes too. So he immediately can start talking to the Council for planning permission for housing on the ground site. If he can get 200 flats at £250K each on the site he is sat on £50m of property deals. But to do that now and not have to wait 7 years for OUFC to vacate the site he either tries to destroy the club to get the lease agreement cancelled or he has to pay the club a few million to sever the lease early. Kassam probably knows what he is doing now is a long shot and unlikely to succeed other than being a bloody nuisance but he probably sees it as a show of strength and worth a go in case he gets lucky.

So in response to the title of this thread, it's not a time for action but a plan for action and fans and fans groups need to be ready for various eventualities in case something happens.

I'm certain it was - but the rumour came from a post on this very forum that was either misunderstood or taken forward maliciously.
that's the problem with social media. loads of rumours and bullsh#t and people react to it without any proof

I believe the problem with a so called "call for action" is that it will achieve very little in reality. I'm not against a protest but we really need is a wealthy person who is interested in running our club. There has been a lot of criticism of tiger on this forum but is anyone looking at the situation from hie perspective? Why the hell should he pay kassam this money? In fact, if I was him, I would walk away! Don't get me wrong, if the chairman of Oxford utd was making millions out of the club I would say, be a c**t, take him to the cleaners. What interests me is kassam says "were not a charity" but let's be honest, we're not really a profit making business either! I think a lot of people forget, the council gave kassam a very good deal when he purchased the site because he was Oxford chairman. I know DE made kassam an offer for the stadium which was rejected. Now what, kassam is going to develop the the land. I know I'm having a moan but I find this situation most frustrating!

You do wonder whether Tiger is in with Kassam, runs the club down, slowly but surely, club goes pop, Kassam flattens the ground for housing, Tiger gets 30%........

Seems far fetched but nothing surprises me with OUFC, we’ve been dumped on for the last 40 years.

I think the Blackpool Hilton rumour was a joke.
It was true just the wrong spelling of Hilton, the club have actually been staying over at Danny Hylton's gaff to save money, apparently Danny had offered the use of a pull out futon and inflatable mattress.... (the spare room was taken as aunt mable was visiting) still, what a good lad!

Last edited:
It was true just the wrong spelling of Hilton, the club have actually been staying over at Danny Hylton's gaff to save money, apparently Danny had offered the use of a pull out futon and inflatable mattress.... (the spare room was taken as aunt mable was visiting) still, what a good lad!
Shows what you know. The futon was never part of the deal and aunt Mable has distanced herself from this story...

Pretty sure this exact rumour was also going round last time there was a winding-up petition ordered, and RadOx confirmed it was a load of cobblers.

You do wonder whether Tiger is in with Kassam, runs the club down, slowly but surely, club goes pop, Kassam flattens the ground for housing, Tiger gets 30%........

Seems far fetched but nothing surprises me with OUFC, we’ve been dumped on for the last 40 years.
It would be cheaper to close OUFC today than Tiger run it down it down. And I can't see Fizza giving anything away to anyone on a property play.

As for Tiger's plan, we'll have to be patient and wait until April time.

Back
Top Bottom