Bury Away

Mellowyellow

A good opportunity to progress, and bring a mark of respectability to a disaster of a season so far.
It will be a good opportunity to play, Sykes, Carruthers, Napa?, Kashi, Graham, Stevens, Browne, to get more game time. Hall also isn't too far away, seems to have started gently training again.

Although, with no league game for 9 or so days, it might be an opportunity to keep a winning side together, with maybe a couple of players who could genuinely do with a rest, including Eastwood.
Bury are doing well, but if we can play at 80% of how well we did on Saturday then there's no reason why we can't progress. Of course they have Maynard, who scored on Saturday, will it come back to haunt us?

Will last Saturdays win and performance increase the number of Oxford fans who might be tempted to go? Also with the prospect of a cup semi final back at the breeze block, who knows.
People are divided over the competition, but having been to Wycombe, Forrest Green and at home to Spurs U23, its some of the best football played I've seen all season.

It's all about supporting the team at the moment, especially in situations like Tuesday. A cold northern outpost, not the most attractive prospect, neither was Tonbridge Angels that night. These are the nights thought that when you take 35,000 odd to Wembley on a warm April afternoon, you look back and say it was all worth it.

Napa I’m presuming has played for Macc in the comp already so I’d imagine he’s cup tied.

Be good to see some of the fringe players get 90 and maybe some of the young lads..

Napa I’m presuming has played for Macc in the comp already so I’d imagine he’s cup tied.

Be good to see some of the fringe players get 90 and maybe some of the young lads..
Apparently Napa has played in this for Macc. Might as well have stayed with us because they didn’t use him much.

Hope we win and progress , as long as its not at the cost (injury wise) to the essential league campaign

I'll be keeping a eye, well actually ear, on tuesdays game via Radio oxford

Back
Top Bottom