Bury and the players statement

Marked Ox

God like member

A damning statement by the players on the current owner. If this ends up in an administrator taking over we could have 2 teams with significant points deductions at the start of next season.

The owner's reply is jokes.

Is it right that a club should be relegated after such financial mismanagement? Kind of a f**k you to the majority of clubs which at least try to live within their means.

Blimey - obviously one of the staff he has cut is the one who rewrites his rubbish to make it readable!

Blimey - obviously one of the staff he has cut is the one who rewrites his rubbish to make it readable!

“Oi, you, take a note”

*Talks a load of incomprehensible toilet*

“Want to hear that back, sir?”

“Do I balls. Get it posted.”

The level of literacy is worryingly low. The level of logic is lower.

I think we should always sympathise with other fans in this position. It might be us. Bury's fans are blameless. The fault lies with those in football who are happy to accept cash from any source just to keep the gravy train rolling. I cannot imagine that the current owner was in the least convincing or credible when he bought the club.

The level of literacy is worryingly low. The level of logic is lower.

I think we should always sympathise with other fans in this position. It might be us. Bury's fans are blameless. The fault lies with those in football who are happy to accept cash from any source just to keep the gravy train rolling. I cannot imagine that the current owner was in the least convincing or credible when he bought the club.
I think we all sympathise with supporters of all clubs who get into problems. The supporters are the ones who have spent years and years of their lives tramping around the country to watch their team, been elated by the highs and devastated by the lows and allowed hope and loyalty to triumph over logic! The problem is that football has become grotesquely unbalanced with all the money (and stupid amounts of it) concentrated at the top - which then seems to require that they get minted owners to pour in even more millions to keep them at the top of the greasy pole. Clubs slightly further down the pyramid have to accept finance from people who you'd normally cross the road to avoid just to try and keep going. Meanwhile, grass roots clubs are folding due to the lack of a few hundred quid.

It's a mess.

Organisations like FSF have been trying to educate the football community about this for years, but seemingly to little avail. The statement from the chair of Accrington Stanley pointing out that the Pogba transfer would have funded his club for 16 years was eye-catching and entirely relevant. Perhaps two things we can do:
- encourage fans, especially younger fans, to go to games rather than watch Champions League etc online
- avoid joining the inevitable chorus on websites like this urging the broad to 'splash the cash' at all costs.

Organisations like FSF have been trying to educate the football community about this for years, but seemingly to little avail. The statement from the chair of Accrington Stanley pointing out that the Pogba transfer would have funded his club for 16 years was eye-catching and entirely relevant. Perhaps two things we can do:
- encourage fans, especially younger fans, to go to games rather than watch Champions League etc online
- avoid joining the inevitable chorus on websites like this urging the broad to 'splash the cash' at all costs.

Holt has also mentioned that’s its pretty much pointless trying to run sustainably because this is a ticking bomb that will hit all lower league clubs.

Chairmen are faced with two options:

- Spend loads to get promotion and move the club up the food chain

- try to run sustainably however delaying the inevitable

The Bury Chairman makes Thanakarnjanasuth look vaguely competent. Truly worrying times for the Shakers!

Remember Merstham? Their manager has just left, but says sometimes getting promoted isn't always best for the club.

“Yes the decision would have been the same had we got promoted,”he said. “It’s the right time for me to leave and equally for Merstham. It’s a club that have given me so much but there’s nothing more for them to give.
“Promotion would have caused issues and the club wouldn’t have been able to finance it.
“The reality is the team that finished bottom in National League South have double the playing budget I had at Merstham.
“The players would have had to have bigger increases at that level and we would have had to find £60,000 to £80,000 just to get the ground to that level.

Reading it again:

The Bury owner has with his threat of lawyers has followed the Oystons playbook.

That he takes credit for the men and women's teams getting promoted is laughable. I would suggest ALL credit goes to the players and the staff for doing it whilst not being paid (and the additional stress that involves).

And his praise of Shaun Harvey, hmmm, 2 peas in a pod I guess.

/
Reading it again:

The Bury owner has with his threat of lawyers has followed the Oystons playbook.

That he takes credit for the men and women's teams getting promoted is laughable. I would suggest ALL credit goes to the players and the staff for doing it whilst not being paid (and the additional stress that involves).

And his praise of Shaun Harvey, hmmm, 2 peas in a pod I guess.

final nail in his coffin?:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom