Bury and the players statement

We laugh and criticise Tiger for obviously not being the one writing the programme notes and press releases.
Well this is what you get when you don't do that...
Jaw-dropping!

A further observation:

The owner clearly has no clue what is happening with the club's manager and the contracted players, or whether the club still have any!

That is rather slapdash considering they are valuable assets as he turned down bids for 2 of them in January.

How many will still be there in 2 weeks time? I think Ryan Lowe certainly won't be there.

Even if they don't end up with a points deduction, they will likely be in a major mess next season as this looks like it will drag on and on. Got to be one of the favourites for relegation already sadly for them, but the bigger victory will be the club surviving altogether.

A further observation:

The owner clearly has no clue what is happening with the club's manager and the contracted players, or whether the club still have any!

That is rather slapdash considering they are valuable assets as he turned down bids for 2 of them in January.

How many will still be there in 2 weeks time? I think Ryan Lowe certainly won't be there.

Even if they don't end up with a points deduction, they will likely be in a major mess next season as this looks like it will drag on and on. Got to be one of the favourites for relegation already sadly for them, but the bigger victory will be the club surviving altogether.
Major mess = Play offs :)

Major mess = Play offs :)

?

Lowe had the players mostly in place at the start of this season. This time, they will likely have few players and will be shopping in the players that haven't got picked up later in the transfer window category.

If Lowe goes then I can see Maynard easily finding another club, likewise the 2 who had bids turned down for them (Telford and O'Connell I think). They could, of course, put in for breach of contract now and move for nothing.

If, as I suspect, Lowe moves on then they will have to go through appointing a new manager as well and little will be done for that whilst this mess continues. So assess what is left of the players and sign most of a squad (even if a takeover goes through!) late in the transfer window. Signing key players late in the window worked well for us last season. :confused:

As I say, their biggest battle for me is survival as a club and it seems to be how their fans are looking at it.

Holt has also mentioned that’s its pretty much pointless trying to run sustainably because this is a ticking bomb that will hit all lower league clubs.

Chairmen are faced with two options:

- Spend loads to get promotion and move the club up the food chain

- try to run sustainably however delaying the inevitable

Honestly, with the Premier League riches inflating wages to the degree they are, it's starting to look to me as if the only way to make the Football League sustainable is to institute a hard salary cap.

At the end of every year, clubs would have to post their annual revenues - including TV money, ticket sales & merchandise (but not corporate sponsorship, as that can be manipulated) - and then the following season their total wage bill can only be a fixed percentage (someone else would have a better idea of what is sustainable, but I guess ~70%) of those revenues. Every % over this wage cap = one point docked.

Yes, teams coming down from the Premier League would be at a massive competitive advantage.....but then they already should be anyway.

Bury have today announce that the club offices will be shut all week and until further notice.
Looks like while the EFL top wigs are having the best prawn sandwiches at Wembley this weekend they are carefully ignoring another one of their clubs going to the wall due to a dodgy owner that they approved of!

Sounds like liquidation is looming for Bury, very sad if it happens wouldn't even want those swine down the road to face this. Hopefully it dont go that far.

If it were to happen does anyone have any idea what happens to the league?

Fixtures get released on June 20th.

I imagine if Bury went to the wall substantially before then, it could mean reprieves for Plymouth & Notts county.

If it happens after that, I imagine we'll be playing in a 23-team League One with only three relegation places.

But hopefully they sort something out so it doesn't come to that.

a loan at 138% interest!!
Sounds like Dale is trying to do a Ka££am and separate the club from its ground. Bury are up s**t creek and he's trying to sell the ground to another company that he will own!

Back
Top Bottom