Other European Bulgaria v England

4 Bulgarians arrested after the England game for racist chants (etc) fined the equvilent of £400 each and each has a 2 year ban

those 'harsh' penalties will make them think again .... not!

Not enough. Nowhere near enough.
ooooh you naughty naughty Bulgarians , let this slap on the wrist teach you not to misbehave - what a load of old bollox , no teeth and certainly no geniune desire to eradicate racism in international football by those in a position to make a real difference. They bottled it. Again!

I've honestly not seen any indication that UEFA cares about the racism issue at all.
I guess half of their member nations have racist fans, so they're just reflecting their membership, but it's pathetic how weak they are on racism.

I would have thought that FIFA as an organization ought to be stronger, given that it is at least wholly representative - but I guess UEFA brings in too much cash for them to ignore......

400 quid in Bulgaria is more than a years salary for a lot of people there.

That's just not true Malc, the minimum wage is 286Euro per month

That punishment is a joke, but as seeing as UEFA are a joke, it fits in well!

As its under UEFA jurisdiction, although it wont sit too comfortably with some Brexiteers , dont the European Court of Human Rights have the ability to 'step in'?

As its under UEFA jurisdiction, although it wont sit too comfortably with Brexiteers , dont the European Court of Human Rights have the ability to 'step in'?
Not sure there is any correlation at all between UEFA and the EU or why the European Court of Human Rights might take an interest? Mind you (as EY has just said) it does show that UEFA is a failing organisation.

Not sure there is any correlation at all between UEFA and the EU or why the European Court of Human Rights might take an interest? Mind you (as EY has just said) it does show that UEFA is a failing organisation.
English football players are playing in a UEFA competition, ( United European Football Associations) , as England is (currently & only just- just is enough, and enough is plenty), a part of the EU, I assume English players have the 'protection' of European Court of Human rights Article 17 ? .... albeit there hasnt, as yet (as far as I can acertain), been a test case relating to rasim in football... theres probably enough time, should the English FA wish to pursue it .... that said, the English FA and EFL are about as effective as FIFA and UEFA so it is highly unlikely any challenge to UEFA's weak/ poor ruling on the Bulgaria V England incidents will follow

The European Court of Human Rights isn't part of the EU. It's the court of the Council of Europe.

According to a media bod from Bulgaria even the Bulgarian media think it is a let off.

The European Court of Human Rights isn't part of the EU. It's the court of the Council of Europe.
fair enough ....was just a thought, given UEFA don't seem capable of dealing with, well, almost anything, properly

Back
Top Bottom