Ex Player Brothers in yellow (or Gold) ?

Sarge

God like member
(Big) Ron 'Tank' Atkinson - record number of appearances 562
Graham Atkinson - all time record goalscorer 107
both played in the same Oxford United team

I can only think of two other sets of brothers to play for the U's
and Im fairly sure neither played in the same OUFC team

Mick Kearns & Ollie Kearns- both played in the first team at different times

Simon & Ross Weatherstone- I dont think Ross played in the first team?

Were there any other brothers who played for the U's in yellow ( or Gold)?

(Big) Ron 'Tank' Atkinson - record number of appearances 562
Graham Atkinson - all time record goalscorer 107
both played in the same Oxford United team

I can only think of two other sets of brothers to play for the U's
and Im fairly sure neither played in the same OUFC team

Mick Kearns & Ollie Kearns- both played in the first team at different times

Simon & Ross Weatherstone- I dont think Ross played in the first team?

Were there any other brothers who played for the U's in yellow ( or Gold)?
Ross played 7 times for the 1st team and he and Simon both started the game against Luton in the Auto w/screens match in the 99/00 season. I remember Ross having a great debut at Reading away. A game we won 2-1 against the odds!!

Ross played 7 times for the 1st team and he and Simon both started the game against Luton in the Auto w/screens match in the 99/00 season. I remember Ross having a great debut at Reading away. A game we won 2-1 against the odds!!
That game was played on a Sunday morning. I've always regarded that game, which I attended with friends from Reading, as a seminal moment, when we started our drop to the Conference and Reading went from strength to strength and the Premiership. On the day we totally outplayed them and Ross looked a worldbeater. After that nothing went right for us and everything went right for them. Until now........?

cheers for that @Oufcrealist :) ..... my memory it what it was ! :oops:

... And I was at that Reading game(on a Sunday? )

edit - thanks @arthurturner , it was on a Sunday :giggle:

@Sarge, I think you’ve named them all in your first post. I can’t recall any others except those with possible youth team links at best where only one of the brothers made a first team appearance – Jamie and Ryan Brooks, Joey and Luke Beauchamp, Emiliano and Michael Diaz (not really footballers though were they?), Eddie Odhiambo, Eric Odhiambo and Anaclet Odhiambo.

Ben Weedon had a twin brother, Chris, who was in the youth team with him (they used to have seats in from of me in the East Stand). Only Ben made a first team appearance though. Googled his name and he’s now studying a PhD at Brookes – good on him! (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-weedon-7b8441135/).

This could generate another end-of-season memory recall for the forum – Oxford players with degrees/doctorates.

Ceri Evans (obviously), Ben Purkiss, Johnny Mullins …

Last edited:
What might have been.

http://www.thesaintshub.com/mattletissier.html

Kevin Le Tissier had trials with Middlesbrough, but a potential move to the North East was never likely because the club was on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. He was later offered a professional contract with Oxford, but turned the offer down because he didn't want to leave Gurnsey. ...
At the age of 14 Le Tissier was offered a trial by Oxford. He did well under youth team coach Ray Graydon. Oxford wanted Le Tissier to relocate to the area, but after a few unhappy days at a new school he returned to Guernsey.

Phil Whitehead was in goal and at fault for our winner!! Once a yellow always a yellow!!

Didn’t Murphy score a belter to set us on our way?

@Sarge, I think you’ve named them all in your first post. I can’t recall any others except those with possible youth team links at best where only one of the brothers made a first team appearance – Jamie and Ryan Brooks, Joey and Luke Beauchamp, Emiliano and Michael Diaz (not really footballers though were they?), Eddie Odhiambo, Eric Odhiambo and Anaclet Odhiambo.

Ben Weedon had a twin brother, Chris, who was in the youth team with him (they used to have seats in from of me in the East Stand). Only Ben made a first team appearance though. Googled his name and he’s now studying a PhD at Brookes – good on him! (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-weedon-7b8441135/).

This could generate another end-of-season memory recall for the forum – Oxford players with degrees/doctorates.

Ceri Evans (obviously), Ben Purkiss, Johnny Mullins …

Phil Whelan was another.

Phil Whitehead was in goal and at fault for our winner!! Once a yellow always a yellow!!

Didn’t Murphy score a belter to set us on our way?

T'other way round. Murphy scored a blinder to win it...from memory (no Google) Rob Folland scored the first.

Back
Top Bottom