National News British Gas.......

It is, incredibly, legal - I think the Tories changed the law a while back. British Gas is a s**t company anyway, I’d never use them. Hopefully these guys can set up on their own or join better companies.

That is amazing. When did it get changed?

Nope, its known as a Section 188 notice.
The dispute started a good while ago.

Only looking at it briefly so they are in effect being made redundant rather than just sacked so will be receiving redundancy payments etc?

I do
Only looking at it briefly so they are in effect being made redundant rather than just sacked so will be receiving redundancy payments etc?
I dont think they will. Join a union, let the fuckers know you’re watching them. We dog our management every step of the way though they will always win. Never vote Tory, unless you’re servile like Essex Yellows.

12 weeks salary based on the minimum notice under a Section 188 notice.

I do

I dont think they will. Join a union, let the fuckers know you’re watching them. We dog our management every step of the way though they will always win. Never vote Tory, unless you’re servile like Essex Yellows.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Unison member me.

Oh that`ll confuse you because you know nothing about me except that I vote, I put my cross on a piece of paper when it matters. ;)

Anyone seen Sid?

Unions are, pretty much, finished in the private sector.
My daughter works for Centrica who own British Gas and they were told 500 middle managers were going to be made redundant so she signed a new contract just to keep her job. She only started buying her house 3/4 years ago and she is fingers crossed getting married on the 3rd July so she had to do it to still have a job. But it is wrong

I do

It is quite acceptable to join a union and opt out of financially supporting the Labour Party. It is as simple as a tick or not in a box on the joining application.

I opted out and still became a Unison representative. I was also known for my strong views and respected as a representative of staff. (Quite a few benefitted from by counsel and assistance)

It is quite acceptable to join a union and opt out of financially supporting the Labour Party. It is as simple as a tick or not in a box on the joining application.

I opted out and still became a Unison representative. I was also known for my strong views and respected as a representative of staff. (Quite a few benefitted from by counsel and assistance)
Oh yes, you don’t have to support Labour to be in a union, of course.

I wasn’t being sarcastic. One of our best union reps was a staunch Tory, but an old school principled one.

Maybe now you are getting there.
Joined Unison, opted out from supporting Labour (who wouldn`t?).
Policy & procedure rules my life but it cuts both ways for employers & employee`s.
Guided a number of new starters through several Management of Change processes within the NHS, they all remained employed and several have moved further up the tree but remain grateful for the support and advice alongside that of the Union reps.

Is that not constructive dismissal or some such?

You would have thought so wouldn’t you.

But the legal requirements are to show it is in the business interest to preserve the future of the company and jobs, or some such thing.

Surprised this sort of thing hasn’t been legally challenged before (or maybe it has).

I don’t believe it is even classed as redundancy if you pass the “business test” because these jobs do still exist.

British Gas are still happy to take maintenance/insurance money from people and not turning up after a couple of months.
Also not turning up for arranged appointments as a heating engineer I'm getting lots of calls from people paying the maximum rate for their cover.

British Gas are still happy to take maintenance/insurance money from people and not turning up after a couple of months.
Also not turning up for arranged appointments as a heating engineer I'm getting lots of calls from people paying the maximum rate for their cover.

Don’t think it have ever had a decent experience with Br Gas in terms of prices and service.

Back
Top Bottom