Britannia plaque

We are still awaiting further reply from the organisation as to whether it has been granted.

With the recent change in committee it is something we will pick up ASAP!

Having spent over a year working on this , There is a big difference between getting permission for an individual, and getting it for a club or organisation. Although that wasn’t the major hurdle,just one of many. Its at its final stage, and although I’ve stepped down from the committee I’m still working on this to see it through. Were not there yet, but we are closer than we have ever been to having one

Last edited by a moderator:
Having spent over a year working on this , There is a big difference between getting permission for an individual, and getting it for a club or organisation. Although that wasn’t the major hurdle just one of many. Its at its final stage, and although I’ve stepped down from the committee I’m still working on this to see it through. Were not there yet, but we are closer than we have ever been to having one
Taking longer than Brexit!

Next stage:

Well done to Dave, OxVox and all previously involved getting it to planning permission. Are you confident with this?

We need one on the spot in Oxford where Jimmy Magilton got run over by a taxi that he mistakenly thought was his as well ?

What a player though. Thick as 2 short planks, but one hell of a footballer.

Next stage:

Well done to Dave, OxVox and all previously involved getting it to planning permission. Are you confident with this?

I was. Now it’s a case of wait and see, announcing we have one like the initial article did, probably isn’t the best way of helping local planning officers make their decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
When are we expected to hear further on this Dave?

When are we expected to hear further on this Dave?
Busy doing other plaques:

Jeez can’t we just make our own one and put it up when no-ones looking..?

(Asking for a friend)

minor 'update' re Britannia blue plaque in todays OM - on page 3- cant find the link at mo - Oxford City Council have given their approval, another step towards completion... only the Blue Plaque society to approve now , I believe?