League One Bristol Rovers - Manager possibly leaving?

Marked Ox

God like member

Graham Coughlan could be leaving to take over Mansfield Town due to being away from his family who live in Sheffield and he can't take Bristol Rovers any further forward without investment. That could throw a big spanner in their hopes!

Mansfield have been trying to get him!

Bristol Rovers fan reckons Mansfield may have more resources going forward! Apparently from their comments, Rovers training ground* is pretty poor whereas Mansfield have a new training ground; Rovers aren't likely to have much leeway for new players unless they sell/shift some out whereas Mansfield have investment available, and although they've been poor, on paper have a decent L2 squad.

I reckon the big thing is the travelling and being away from his family though.

*A bit like us not so long ago having to beg, borrow any facility they could get.

Last edited:
Gone, meant to be confirmed at Mansfield later today

The bottom part of the above article probably explains a lot as to why he has left so abruptly rather than seeing out this season at least:

Meanwhile, Starnes has indicated that Rovers may consider offers for star striker Jonson Clarke-Harris in January.

He said: "Every player has a value. If an offer came in we'd have to consider whether it's in the best interests of the club."

That comes across as "make us a reasonable offer and he is yours".

Tiger get your wallet out and make them an offer on JCH ?

My Rovers supporting mate reckon that they will keep the appointment internal and Chris Hargreaves is favourite. The fans are naturally fuming.

Obviously Gas have some money worries.

Bristol Rovers new manager Ben Garner has taken extended leave due to a serious illness for a family member. Best wishes for the family member.

That said, we thought Sunderland fans on their forum were trigger happy after Phil Parkinson was appointed but I think some of the Rovers fans on their forums (this was before the above announcement) have just beaten that saying he should be got rid of. He was appointed on the 23rd December!

Edit: Sadly, apparently Ben Garner's 6 year old is in intensive care according to a post from a Bristol Rovers fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom