Bristol Rovers game

I think it’s fairly obvious to identify any groups hanging around. And at the end of the day, if that’s what they are there for then they should be dealt with. The aim is to improve the relationship between normal fans and tvp, thats from both sides. I think from that point of view today went well, there wasn’t massive ranks of I think the term is “robocops” I haven’t seen any comments of heavy handed ness. Like I said there will always be a minority looking to cause trouble, if they are identified as a minority and dealt with appropriately and the rest of normal fans can go about their match day largely unaffected with solutions like the wall, and even earlier kick offs limiting confrontation and police numbers then great.
how was it it that there were (at least) two confrontations post match today if groups hanging around are easily identified? It appears they werent identified in time ....peraps due to hordes of 'normal' fans exiting the area 'disguising' mustering groups?... holding back away crowd for 10 min or so wouldve very likely seen relatively few 'normal' fans left in the area, thus making the 'minority' easy to identify ,as instead of heading off away from the car parks, a group heading in the 'wrong' direction would be very easy to police. And without 'normal' fans caught up in any shenanigans? ...resulting in a Win win situation re post match crowd management Id say?

I think with all of these things it is about minimising the chance of problems happening as opposed to being able to 100 percent stop them happening. The only way to do that would be to ban away fans which we can all agree is a bit extreme! I'm not against keeping away fans back in certain situations but that does not always stop issues either.
fair comment @Followtheox1 :) .... crowd management certainly isnt a one size fits all thats for sure .... horses for courses ;)

how was it it that there were (at least) two confrontations post match today if groups hanging around are easily identified? It appears they werent identified in time ....due to hordes of 'normal' fans exiting the area... holding back away crowd for 10 min or so wouldve very likely seen relatively few 'normal' fans left in the area, making the 'minority' easy to identify ,as instead of heading off away from the car parks, a group heading in the 'wrong' direction would be very easy to police. And without 'normal' fans caught up in any shenanigans? ...resulting in a Win win situation re post match crowd management Id say?

Because you have just jumped on that theory that there were two confrontations sarge. You didn’t even see them with your own eyes, as you weren’t there. To my knowledge, no “normal fans” were caught up in it, the police did easily identify the “groups” even without rovers fans being held back. And the game went off with little more than a bit of arm waving and gesturing. I’d say that is win win post match crowd management considering the levels of trouble witnessed in the past, and seen at the away fixture. I know you love to have something to complain about, but blaming the club and police for a “millwall” like incident is just about as far exaggerated as humanly possible. If anyone has genuine questions, or comments about the policing please feel free to pm, and I’ll gladly follow them up. Otherwise that’s it from me on today.

Because you have just jumped on that theory that there were two confrontations sarge. You didn’t even see them with your own eyes, as you weren’t there. To my knowledge, no “normal fans” were caught up in it, the police did easily identify the “groups” even without rovers fans being held back. And the game went off with little more than a bit of arm waving and gesturing. I’d say that is win win post match crowd management considering the levels of trouble witnessed in the past, and seen at the away fixture. I know you love to have something to complain about, but blaming the club and police for a “millwall” like incident is just about as far exaggerated as humanly possible. If anyone has genuine questions, or comments about the policing please feel free to pm, and I’ll gladly follow them up. Otherwise that’s it from me on today.

Its a forum where opinions are exchanged;) .... I have spoken to me Dad & Nephew since the match ended, (both at the match today along with me sister ...unlike me,( early kick off made it impossible for me to go), my Dad, sis' n nephew sit in SSL fence end, (both my dad n nephew have restricted mobility) while slowly making their way back to their car, & also while attempting exiting the stadium near the Prory, they (personally) witnessed two pavement dancing type incidents..... me old man wondered why Gas fans weren't kept back for ten min or so, as he thought if they had been the car parks wouldve emptied more efficiently & without incident/ potential incidents/ or near incidents delaying normal fans going home

enjoy your Saturday evening @Dave T :)

I may DM ya a few items for raising at Oxvox committee meeting Jan 2 btw (though not before tomorrow ):)

Some BR fans were allowed to start exiting 5 minutes before the 90.
Holding them back for 10/15 minutes after the final whistle( like we were held at Millwall) was obviously too simple .

Well on a positive note my cousin did his bit for Oxford/Rovers relations after the game. Well let’s put it this way, “Irene” won’t be riding a push bike any time soon...?

Its a forum where opinions are exchanged;) .... I have spoken to me Dad & Nephew since the match ended, (both at the match today along with me sister ...unlike me,( early kick off made it impossible for me to go), my Dad, sis' n nephew sit in SSL fence end, (both my dad n nephew have restricted mobility) while slowly making their way back to their car, & also while attempting exiting the stadium near the Prory, they (personally) witnessed two pavement dancing type incidents..... me old man wondered why Gas fans weren't kept back for ten min or so, as he thought if they had been the car parks wouldve emptied more efficiently & without incident/ potential incidents/ or near incidents delaying normal fans going home

enjoy your Saturday evening @Dave T :)

I may DM ya a few items for raising at Oxvox committee meeting Jan 2 btw (though not before tomorrow ):)

That’s fine mate but a couple of pavement dancing incidents isn’t in comparison to millwall in any shape or form. And I should imagine virtually impossible to prevent. For a high profile game, I thinks that’s a really good result, especially with normal fans being treated as such.

That’s fine mate but a couple of pavement dancing incidents isn’t in comparison to millwall in any shape or form. And I should imagine virtually impossible to prevent. For a high profile game, I thinks that’s a really good result, especially with normal fans being treated as such.
probably ;)

Were custard creams deployed?
It was a much wider selection @PC when I passed the incident(s).

Saw a couple of favourites from previous selections, plus many newer choices that I not aware of.
The latter didn't look very tasty, one in particular being spat out.

So now you are calling for all football fans of one team to have their liberty restricted for 10 minutes + past the final whistle due to the actions of a minority!

Listen to yourself!

Actions of some of our ‘fans’ post match in Bristol in October - which we witnessed - prompted the early kick off yesterday. Considering most of the team played like they were half asleep, a big well done all you pavement dancers. ?

Actions of some of our ‘fans’ post match in Bristol in October - which we witnessed - prompted the early kick off yesterday. Considering most of the team played like they were half asleep, a big well done all you pavement dancers. ?

Not sure you can blame the antics of a few goons for our teams performance tbh.

Well on a positive note my cousin did his bit for Oxford/Rovers relations after the game. Well let’s put it this way, “Irene” won’t be riding a push bike any time soon...?
Not sure you can blame the antics of a few goons for our teams performance tbh.

A like by @Sarge on the first post and I wonder why some of you feel you should have a say in the policing of football when you, in the extreme, want it to go back twenty years to hooliganism or, at the very least, seek to glamorise the actions of goons.

How about getting behind your team for 90+ minutes rather than leaving early to have a go at the Gas fans.

You expect PC956 to be accountable for all of TVP's actions yet take no personal responsibility.

Youngsters are impressionable and whilst you make light of the actions of those in the past and present they will be the ones that have to put up with a football banning order...

Wow.. you must be so proud.

Idiot.

Whatever peoples take/opinion on such things, whilst their having "discussions" with like minded folk those idiots as you call them are not smacking someone else in the mouth or worse as they go past as was the case years ago

Whatever peoples take/opinion on such things, whilst their having "discussions" with like minded folk those idiots as you call them are not smacking someone else in the mouth or worse as they go past as was the case years ago
No they are getting little kids to do it for them.

A like by @Sarge on the first post and I wonder why some of you feel you should have a say in the policing of football when you, in the extreme, want it to go back twenty years to hooliganism or, at the very least, seek to glamorise the actions of goons.

How about getting behind your team for 90+ minutes rather than leaving early to have a go at the Gas fans.

You expect PC956 to be accountable for all of TVP's actions yet take no personal responsibility.

Youngsters are impressionable and whilst you make light of the actions of those in the past and present they will be the ones that have to put up with a football banning order...

Don't forget bringing the birch back, as a deterrent, to keep the working classes in their place, if they dare to wander anywhere near our prawn sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom