Bristol Rovers- earlier kick off

Bank holiday Friday .... is it really necessary to move the kick off from 3pm to 1pm?

perhaps its another TVP training day?

Wonder if @OxVox can find out why the club agreed to an earlier kick off ... and the reasoning behind moving the kick off time?

Bank holiday Friday .... is it really necessary to move the kick off from 3pm to 1pm?

perhaps its another TVP training day?

Wonder if @OxVox can find out why the club agreed to an earlier kick off ... and the reasoning behind moving the kick off time?

I would say it is necessary, tensions have been building for the last 3 or 4 years and if we have a repeat of last season's handbag swinging at Rovers Away in August I expect a large proportion of the visiting fans on Good Friday will no doubt be looking for it.

I was talking about this after the trouble (albeit small) that went on when we had them at home last season. It's almost as if in the absence of a regular real rival (Scum or plastics) a few of the fanbase have turned their attention to Rovers. I imagine that could be vice versa as well with Bristol City in the championship and Cardiff in the Prem.

I would say it is necessary, tensions have been building for the last 3 or 4 years and if we have a repeat of last season's handbag swinging at Rovers Away in August I expect a large proportion of the visiting fans on Good Friday will no doubt be looking for it.

I was talking about this after the trouble (albeit small) that went on when we had them at home last season. It's almost as if in the absence of a regular real rival (Scum or plastics) a few of the fanbase have turned their attention to Rovers. I imagine that could be vice versa as well with Bristol City in the championship and Cardiff in the Prem.
.... and Scum are still in L2 (for both Oxford and Gasss) :sneaky:

.... and Scum are still in L2 (for both Oxford and Gasss) :sneaky:

Tension has been building for a while now, so not surprised by this and we do have plenty of notice so I don't see too much of a problem with it. They bring plenty of fans and always seem to win so why is anybody surprised in this rise in animosity.
Incidentally is there any particular reason for calling Swindon scum. I see peadophiles, terrorists and such like as the scum of the earth not a football team albeit our rivals who we all take great delight in seeing suffer in the pits of League 2. Just a point of view many will disagree with I am sure.

This one makes sense unlike the Charlton game which was a joke.

They had better not move the away fixture kick-off time.

Does anyone really think that moving the KO time by two hours will prevent trouble?
It generally does to be honest. Nothing will stop idiots from creating a problem, but changing times means that the vast majority can go and enjoy the game without the annual muppet convention!

(I'm aware that changes to kick off times don't suit everyone and some will miss out as a result - but the blame lies with said muppets rather than TVP/the club)

News Flash
Licensing laws relaxed!
People sometimes fight sober!

News Flash!
Licensing laws can have restrictions.
People fight because they're bellends!!! They often become bigger bellends the more they drink!

Early kick offs reduce violence.

News Flash!
Licensing laws can have restrictions.
People fight because they're bellends!!! They often become bigger bellends the more they drink!

Early kick offs reduce violence.

Really? we'll meet at 12 instead of 2 we'll be x at 3:15 instead of 5:15......we'll have it off in the car park regardless of kick off time.

if 2 groups want to pavement dance it will happen regardless of kick off time

so why are all kick off times not changed to 12 or 1pm across the game....might it be to allow teams, fans alike more time to travel at reasonable hour perhaps

Really? we'll meet at 12 instead of 2 we'll be x at 3:15 instead of 5:15......we'll have it off in the car park regardless of kick off time.

if 2 groups want to pavement dance it will happen regardless of kick off time

so why are all kick off times not changed to 12 or 1pm across the game....might it be to allow teams, fans alike more time to travel at reasonable hour perhaps

Of course people can arrange to be dicks anytime they like, but the reality is that fewer do so when games kick off earlier.

I'll add as well that the last game of the season is on a Sunday. Hopefully 10 months is enough time to allow people to make arrangements so that it doesn't take anyone by surprise and we have people complaining about it not being on a Saturday.

Rovers home and away are always likely to get moved to an early KO time due to the trouble between fans over recent years. It won't stop trouble but it will help lessen the trouble a bit.

I’ve been to Bristol Rovers away a few times in recent years and didn’t see any trouble? Or was it in the home games?

Back
Top Bottom