BRFC V OUFC 13/8/22 L1 Oliver Longford

Sarge

God like member
what a useless idiot Longford was

a poor, poor poor excuse for a match official

3 from me

We were crap. Really crap. But if it's possible I think the ref (and both linos) matched us for how bad they performed. Their goal comes from a free kick that was never remotely a foul, our players regularly got clattered and nothing given where BR seemed to get the softest free kicks all game. Head injury to Findlay ignored to let the attack play out which is dangerous. And the timewasting... Mother of God that was impressive how much BR got away with. Wycombe take note, you've got a rival for the biggest bunch of cheats in the league. A generous 2 from me.

I've already had a rant about the incompetent officials and in particular the Ref:

The Ref let Bristol Rovers spoil that game from the point they scored. How can he only find that amount of injury time with drinks breaks included, blatant time wasting (Marquis's dying Swan act), the crowd holding the ball, the ball boys deliberately wasting time or not bothering and the actual injuries? Utterly incompetent. Then we chuck in him and the Lino ignoring their left back kicking out in retaliation and McGuane getting cynically tripped after he had rightly booked ours for cynical fouls. He demonstrated he was beyond useless when again he stops the game for a Bristol Rovers non head injury, but doesn't stop the game for Findlay having a head injury. I'd love to know how much of that game had the ball in play and a breakdown between halves. I reckon the 2nd half had well less than half of the 45 mins with the ball in play. It is claimed Boreham Wood's game had the ball in play for 36mins and I reckon this game could be challenging that. Yet absolutely nothing is done about timewasting.

Quite frankly the way Longford helped Rovers time waste and kill the game, he should have just blown the final whistle after Bristol had scored.

Not the worst but up there with the best (worst) of them. Time for him to retire?

I gave him a 1 he was a complete waste of space, and even Trevor Kettle was better than him.

I’m not sure we will see a worse ref this season, and it amazes me how they get to be a professional referee.

The free kick for their goal just unarguably wasn’t a free kick - CB won the ball, didn’t go in off his feet, it was fine. He was understandably furious for a long time afterwards. Also later Taylor was clean through (albeit heading wide) and cleverly ran across his man who clipped his heels. Nothing given.

Edit: Oh, and three mins added time first half was ridiculous, there were plenty of stoppages and lots of time wasting - 4-5 would have been a minimum fairer amount. Second half 6 mins was just about acceptable although if you looked at how many minutes the ball was actually in play…

It’s not an over exaggeration to suggest there should have been at least 12 minutes added time in the second half. Was an unbelievably inept performance which played right into Rovers hands

I never understand those who moan about the Wycombe (and now clearly Rovers) tactics of playing for time, slowing it down etc. you may not like it, but if done correctly it’s clever and effective.

This is down to the referee to eradicate and get a firm grip on. I agree with @WEYellow that there should have been double digit injury time yesterday. Poor from the ref.

I also think Moore should’ve been sent off.

never understand those who moan about the Wycombe (and now clearly Rovers) tactics of playing for time, slowing it down etc. you may not like it, but if done correctly it’s clever and effective.

This is down to the referee to eradicate and get a firm grip on. I agree with @WEYellow that there should have been double digit injury time yesterday. Poor from the ref.

I also think Moore should’ve been sent off.

Their man should have for kicking out at Seddon.

I just hope our ballboys treat them in the same way or worse as they did us. And the stewards assist by throwing the ball into the crowd when BR are hurrying. That isn't game management, it is cheating so for this one off game at ours I hope we do it after taking the lead.

Their man should have for kicking out at Seddon.
Plus he rushed over, squared up to him and shoved his head right in Seddon’s face. If Seddon had been a bit clever and dropped to the floor like he’d been headbutted then he may well have been off.

Some would call that cheating but so is what Rovers were doing all game - including Marquis, constantly

I hate it. I hate all the crappy time wasting and play acting. I hate it when Bristol Rovers do it. I hate it when Wycombe do it. And I hate it when we do it.

Stop the clock when the ball isn't in play or a bloke is rolling about on the floor. Book players who pretend to have been injured when they aren't or clutch their face when someone touches their toenail. I want to see as near 90 minutes of proper competitive football as possible not 60 minutes and a load of players 'managing the game'. Manage the game by keeping possession or scoring another goal, not pissing about.

It is interesting that in hockey substitution is done by the side official and the game doesn't stop. Let this be the case in football. It would make the 4th official actually work. All of this long delay, ages to walk off. Totally unnecessary

Back
Top Bottom