• Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters

Gary Baldi

After the Salzburg to do and the meme, are we hitting Deal or No Deal territory for Brexit? Rather than rehash old debates, place your vote on what you think will happen in this unbinding and not serious poll

It is becoming inevitable that a no deal disaster (imo) is what will happen. JRM will be happy though when he is personally enriched financially.

The situation is apocalyptic. If I wasn't so apathetic I'd vote 'No deal!' on the basis that when we are crawling through the ruins of the cities, searching through the looted supermarkets for the last can of dog food for dinner - those of us who haven't died because we no longer have enough medicine for any disease control at all - we will be able to gamely mumble "Well at least we took back control..."

Let's see how long Maybot lasts. It sounds like yesterday was a case of the EU losing control of the narrative and Maybot basically saying I've compromised enough, take it or suck an egg and annoying some of the shrews in the EU.

The thing is, No Deal looks more appetising that shizit show that is the Chequers deal. Maybot made an unintentional case for walking away.

How anyone can conceive to let the people have a vote though, is crackers. What would we vote for exactly? No deal, Chequers (only 14% of polled people agree with it), staying in, etc. It would be a stupid Govt to agree to that because I can only see an inconclusive ending to a conclusive vote. Thankfully they are in opposition at the moment ;)

Let's see how long Maybot lasts. It sounds like yesterday was a case of the EU losing control of the narrative and Maybot basically saying I've compromised enough, take it or suck an egg and annoying some of the shrews in the EU.

The thing is, No Deal looks more appetising that shizit show that is the Chequers deal. Maybot made an unintentional case for walking away.

How anyone can conceive to let the people have a vote though, is crackers. What would we vote for exactly? No deal, Chequers (only 14% of polled people agree with it), staying in, etc. It would be a stupid Govt to agree to that because I can only see an inconclusive ending to a conclusive vote. Thankfully they are in opposition at the moment ;)

Brexit may not happen yet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45601394

;)

Farage would literally explode if an European court enabled Brexit to be stopped.:cool::LOL:

• React
Reactions: Ian
Quite simply if the European courts get involved it shows the exact reason why we voted out as they clearly don’t represent democracy. The majority of the voters voted out. 1 vote only as stated by David Cameron stated at the time and EVERYONE must accept the result.

Their only involvement would effectively be saying that Parliament would have the right to say they can stop the Article 50 process and revert to the existing arrangements should sufficient MPs support such a move, whether the Govt likes it or not. Ironically, reinforcing Parliamentary sovereignty that the Brexiteers want.

Farage will still explode though over an European Court ruling on this which makes it worthwhile on its own whether the MPs use the power or not.

Hang on! This is not the European court butting in. It's not another example of foreigners trying to boss us about. That's far too emotive a way of looking at it. The court are being asked by British politicians to look at the case in light of the complete mess the government has made in agreeing terms.

In any case, sounds as if the government will ignore any suggestion that the revoking of Article 50 might be stopped, so rest easy!

If there was a binding Parliamentary vote on this (should they get the ruling) through whatever parliamentary mechanism is used then the Govt wouldn't be able to ignore it. A big if though and they would still need a majority of MPs support.

Hang on! This is not the European court butting in. It's not another example of foreigners trying to boss us about. That's far too emotive a way of looking at it. The court are being asked by British politicians to look at the case in light of the complete mess the government has made in agreeing terms.

In any case, sounds as if the government will ignore any suggestion that the revoking of Article 50 might be stopped, so rest easy!
Regardless of that they said they would follow through on the people’s wishes and that is what must happen. That is the same politicians that don’t want us to leave and they need to remember that all the delays they are working on only enhance the chance of a no deal.

Yes, reading the article again, if the European court give the ruling the British parliament could, theoretically, vote against leaving. It just amuses me that social media is already alive with leavers claiming this is just another attempt by foreigners to disrupt British democracy.

I like that they can't grasp that this legal action is being brought by Brits and it is a British court saying it can go to the European Court.

Yes, reading the article again, if the European court give the ruling the British parliament could, theoretically, vote against leaving. It just amuses me that social media is already alive with leavers claiming this is just another attempt by foreigners to disrupt British democracy.
End British democracy and no not another attempt by foreigners just another attempt by some of those who can not accept they lost the referendum. Can I call for another election if labour win with their 35%of the vote.

Last edited:
Brexit may not happen yet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-45601394

;)

Farage would literally explode if an European court enabled Brexit to be stopped.:cool::LOL:
Would we need a People's Vote on the ruling? Coz democray rite? :ROFLMAO:

The chances of a majority of MPs voting for it would be pretty slim wouldn't it, regardless of the court ruling, etc, etc? Good to see the lawyers are making hay while the sun shines though! They must have made a fortune from Remoaners! Like moths to a flame :p

As an aside, it does rather feed into the Farage conspiracies though.

On the contrary, it would be reinforcing/following Parliamentary Sovereignty/Democracy which is British Democracy.
Read what I put. the bit where they said the people will decide and we will follow that decision through, that’s democracy when the prime minister made that statement.

Would we need a People's Vote on the ruling? Coz democray rite? :ROFLMAO:

The chances of a majority of MPs voting for it would be pretty slim wouldn't it, regardless of the court ruling, etc, etc? Good to see the lawyers are making hay while the sun shines though! They must have made a fortune from Remoaners! Like moths to a flame :p

As an aside, it does rather feed into the Farage conspiracies though.

I don't think it would ever happen even should the right be granted as I would be surprised if they got a majority. Although, should Boris or JRM push it and become PM, they could push enough disaffected Tory MPs into creating that position.

If insisting on Parliamentary Sovereignty, which is one of the things old Nige campaigned on, is one of his conspiracies then yes it does.

Read what I put. the bit where they said the people will decide and we will follow that decision through, that’s democracy when the prime minister made that statement.

And read up on what British Democracy is which is a Parliamentary Democracy.

And read up on what British Democracy is which is a Parliamentary Democracy.
Which said we will do whatever the people vote for. That is what the democratically elected parliaments biggest parties democratically elected leader said

Which said we will do whatever the people vote for. That is what the democratically elected parliaments biggest parties democratically elected leader said

Yes and then he buggered off so it is irrelevant. His words are non-binding just like the Referendum result. It wouldn't end British democracy as you claimed as it would be the British Parliament making the decision.

Yes and then he buggered off so it is irrelevant. His words are non-binding just like the Referendum result. It wouldn't end British democracy as you claimed as it would be the British Parliament making the decision.[/QUOTE How does it make it irrelevant. I assume had remain won that would’ve been irrelevant also. It would end democracy in the eyes of a very significant amount of voters including many remainders who say the result must be abided by, and there are good number of politicians whi voted remain who say it must be acted upon .

It is irrelevant as Cameron is no longer in Government or in Parliament as an MP and his words are not binding anyway.

I assume Farage would have disappeared and shut up if Remain had won. Of course he wouldn't as he said immediately after the polls closed when he thought they had lost. Those people would need to educate themselves on what British democracy actually is and plenty of them demanded that Parliament get sovereignty so they would be getting what they wanted. Or does parliamentary sovereignty only matter to you if you get the result you want?

Back
Top Bottom