Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
not easily though ... and I'd guess that having somewhere safe to sleep, perhaps even trying to get a roof over their head, and being able to eat regularly would be much higher on the majority of homeless peoples priorities, than jumping through all the prerequisite hoops to register as a homeless person on the electoral roll?

photo id .... generally consists of either a driving license or passport,.... both of which (usually) require an address on them, as to where to send them to, to the holder, which equates to homeless people not having valid as in up to date, photo id?

Labour’s position is to negotiate the best deal that protects workers rights and the environment then put that to the people in a second referendum.

Not difficult, really.

What’s Johnson’s position? Seems to change every five minutes.

They are going to negotiate "the best deal" whatever that is by removing the threat of no deal and then campaign against "the best deal" in the referendum. No its not difficult at all.

Its not 350,000 to start with, its nearer 150-160k (still grossly unacceptable...) https://www.crisis.org.uk/media/240421/the_homelessness_monitor_england_2019_es.pdf

An ID card would actually help their situation by encouraging some stability in their lives, even if part of that was "not optional".

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and if that means moving homeless folk into semi-secure accommodation then so be it. At least there they could be helped. It would be cost neutral as well by reducing the burden on the Police, Ambulance & judicial system.

Hey ho, thats just me.

Back to Brexit, it seems there is some flexibility appearing ..... amazing the focus it brings to negotiations if one party threatens to walk away.

"The EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier was due to brief EU ministers at lunch time but this meeting has been put back twice - and will not now take place until 18:00 BST. "

The inevitable march of time................... waits for no man!

Deal agreed but May did that as well. So Johnson has to convince enough in Parliament and DUP have already said no today (but obviously could change) particularly over consent on the NI situation.

The suggestion is Johnson has had to make some considerable concessions on the "level playing field" (ie. Matching EU rules on Workers rights, environment etc) and other areas.

The question is will the opposition accept only with a confirmatory referendum?

Deal agreed but May did that as well. So Johnson has to convince enough in Parliament and DUP have already said no today (but obviously could change) particularly over consent on the NI situation.

The suggestion is Johnson has had to make some considerable concessions on the "level playing field" (ie. Matching EU rules on Workers rights, environment etc) and other areas.

The question is will the opposition accept only with a confirmatory referendum?

Depends on the result and what is defined as a "win". ?

Ahh yes, the loosely disguised, "You didn`t know wot u waz votin 4".... again.

Was the question to challenging then? ?
Alright Billericay Dicky...calm down!?

Dumbing down democracy to the extent done in the 2016 referendum (even if it was just advisory) to just a simple yes/no question on such a complex issue did a massive disservice to democracy and the intelligence of the electorate as a whole.

It is a slightly odd position is it not to say the vote was clear, we voted to leave in the referendum. Then leave it to the politicians and Bureaucrats to hammer out the detail of HOW it happens and what happens after that too, then not be bothered about putting it back to those very people who voted to check if they are happy with they way proposed by the politicians & bureaucrats?

I grant you, it is a very simple way of doing things and maybe we ought to use it a template for decision making in other walks of life - how about planning permission for me to build somewhere to live? Dear Planning Authority, can I build somewhere to live? Yes/No (delete as appropriate). Those against might say I am planning to build a massive skyscraper or a homeless/refugee shelter (lets call them project fear), those for it will say it is the best most aesthetically pleasing, low impact structure ever seen that will have no impact on its neighbours and will be of great benefit to all once built (lets call them project unicorns and rainbows). The reality is that without detailed plans to make an informed decision on...NOBODY knows what I am actually going to build.

Actually, maybe the decision to Remain/Leave ought to be more like the planning system....first you apply for outline permission which seek to establish if the nature and scale is acceptable, once that is granted you apply for the detailed permission (reserved matters) before work can start.

Anyway, none of it matters because it really doesn't look like this "deal" is going anywhere. DUPPERS won't swallow if without a massive spoon of sugar, Labour have already said it stinks worse than May's POS and have now said they won't support it or any other deal from BOJO without a confirmatory referendum...hell, even IDS has said he's concerned!

Oh and Farage has said he will torch the Tories at the next election too because he thinks it stinks!

Well done Boris....:ROFLMAO:

It's an interesting concept that the govt are trying to put forth. Lipstick on the pig or no lipstick on the pig (with consent from the EU that this is it). I can't see the deal getting through on first read of the tea leaves, but let's see.

This one is going to ? some politicians minds... Where do they really want to sit?

So Boris & EU agree new WA. Philip Hammond said it would never happen.

DUP will vote against it.

UK government want EU to say to HofC this deal or no deal and that they will refuse any request for an extension. If EU agree to that then it’s a game changer.

If not then I can’t see it getting voted through, the numbers don’t appear to be there. After that who knows?

Back
Top Bottom