Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
I don't believe you have quite thought this through. There was a referendum, there was an outcome. Period. You don't change the outcome because the voters are dead.

I'm now not sure if you're just winding me up or not, but I will have one last attempt at getting what I'm trying to say across.

1) Basham stated that if Remainers wanted to win a potential future referendum, they would have to convert some voters from leave to remain

2) I stated that actually this was not the case - given that the majority of old voters were in favor of leave, and the majority of young voters were in favor of remain, over time if no-one changed their point of view, then Remain would eventually have a majority in a potential future referendum just because those older voters would die off, and teenagers would reach voting age.

3) I also made some general comments about how much I hate referendums in the first place, as I usually do.

4) You came in here and derailed the conversation by not understanding my point.

I'm now not sure if you're just winding me up or not, but I will have one last attempt at getting what I'm trying to say across.

1) Basham stated that if Remainers wanted to win a potential future referendum, they would have to convert some voters from leave to remain

2) I stated that actually this was not the case - given that the majority of old voters were in favor of leave, and the majority of young voters were in favor of remain, over time if no-one changed their point of view, then Remain would eventually have a majority in a potential future referendum just because those older voters would die off, and teenagers would reach voting age.

3) I also made some general comments about how much I hate referendums in the first place, as I usually do.

4) You came in here and derailed the conversation by not understanding my point.
1. Genius.
2.That's a lot of leave voters who will have to die. (there is no upper age limit on voting) And, presupposes that the younger voter would achieve the voting age predisposed
3. Fair do. No issue there.
4. I understood your point, it's just you hadn't, apparently, thought through the ramifications of your statement.

How long before that 600k odd difference between leave and remain changes? Forget all the stuff about voters changing their opinion, just the number who will have to die and be replaced by someone younger who is (and this is also important) predisposed to voting remain?

How long before that 600k odd difference between leave and remain changes? Forget all the stuff about voters changing their opinion, just the number who will have to die and be replaced by someone younger who is (and this is also important) predisposed to voting remain?

This guy reckons it already happened in January 2019:

There's some assumptions in his analysis, but it's not wholly illogical.

The bases for a new referendum include
1. The original question was fundamentally unintelligent and uninformed.
2. The plethora of lies used to play on the insecurities of the disenchanted, by those whose political agenda was obvious, was immoral
3. What was known then, balanced by what we know now is oceans apart.
4. Brexit has proved itself to be undeliverable
5. The collective resistance to no-deal is so powerful that we have witnessed political uproar and legal activity which is unrivalled.

Yes, there may well be some benefits to leaving Europe but these are far outweighed by the far reaching consequences of doing so.

Have that referendum and fine, if the outcome is different, so be it but, don't have the referendum simply on the basis of not liking the original outcome.

p.s. I intend being around a little longer yet! :)
Agreed. Have one on the bases of logic and common sense and objectively framed questions

What I don't quite get is that Boris Johnson is basically sticking 2 fingers up at everyone and saying its his way or no way and screw the opinions of any of the other politicians. If it was going to get to this stage then why didn't Cameron just turn around and say after the 2016 result, well thanks for all giving us your opinions but this will be a terrible idea so we are just going to stay put.

The referendum in 2016 wasn't legally binding where by we had to do what ever the people voted for.

why didn't Cameron just turn around and say after the 2016 result, well thanks for all giving us your opinions but this will be a terrible idea so we are just going to stay put.

The referendum in 2016 wasn't legally binding where by we had to do what ever the people voted for.
Because it would have been outrageous had that happened?
Having said that Johnson is being outrageous at times but it doesn't make it right.

And of course the Liberal Democratโ€™s bless them are busy mopping up all the anti brexit votes as their policy at the next election.
Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™ll be a position for that lovely guy who only knows how to chant Stop Brexit.
I watched some of the Last Night of the Proms and had to put up with EU flags waved at every opportunity.
All this flies in the face of what the people voted for but Iโ€™m pessimistic now about leaving the EU, as we have been sold down the river by all the politicians who want to stay in

3amw3f.jpg

Ok 17.4m voted out
Is it really necessary though to wave these flags at a concert? I think itโ€™s inappropriate waving political flags at a concert

Ok 17.4m voted out
Is it really necessary though to wave these flags at a concert? I think itโ€™s inappropriate waving political flags

Ok 17.4m voted out
Is it really necessary though to wave these flags at a concert? I think itโ€™s inappropriate waving political flags at a concert
Please tell me that you are not really offended,,,,,unless of course they did so whilst 'Land of Hope and Glory' was being performed. That would be desperately unpatriotic!

What I find inappropriate is the leader of the Brexit Party having the opportunity to promote his party line for 8hrs a week on a national radio station.

No leader of a political party should be allowed that kind of platform.

Back
Top Bottom