Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Boris' comments about Remainers summed up how far they have lost the plot in recent months- their silly distractions on No Deal are harming the UKs position with the EU to get a deal. It's embarrassing at how basic Remainers have come - they still cannot understand this is a negotiation and we must threaten a No Deal at the EU to engender change from the their position. All this whining it is doing is hardening the leave side and pushing us to No Deal. Going to the courts when they can't win a reversal againt the first vote is just embarrassing.

But they've become some polarised and insular, they cannot see the wood for the trees any more without pointless protests and even more pointless petitions that they assume everyone else cares about. You need to accept we voted to leave and focus less on stopping the UK leaving and more working to find a better deal for our collective future.

The fact the collective Remain voting block still are unable to offer any realistic (or even vaguely optimistic) alternatives to No Deal or the Maybot's deal over 3 years after the vote, says a lot of about the cause and the ongoing unwillingness to accept that we voted to leave. Why listen to Remainers? They have problems, but no realistic solutions or opinions. I want a deal with the EU, because it's the most optimal business decision posy EU membership, but not at the compromise of a vote we had 3 years ago.

We must remain a democracy, we must be able to trade globally as we see fit and embrace out future, not navel gaze at our past.

I’m quite surprised at how few people in general seem to realise what’s going on. Boris has thrown down the gauntlet for MPs to block no deal and the parliamentary shut down, which is constitutionally possible - it’s complex but they’re going to go for it. He’s flushed them out. If they succeed, he is going to call a general election which he will win, even if it’s in coalition with Farage and the Brexit Party. It will be a de facto second referendum and the remain vote will split across multiple parties. Leave will be condensed into just two, and will win as a result even if they need to team up. People on here accused Farage of being an idiot in standing against the Tories in by elections. Nonsense - he’s been flexing and in a couple of months he may even be our Deputy Prime Minister. He’s shown Boris that his support and approval is valuable, and if they work together they could take parliament.

Dominic Cummings is behind all of this. A chess-loving, math-obsessed tactician with a love of Russian strategic thinking. He even learnt Russian because he’s so enamoured by them and many of their historical figures, especially those with socio-political roots. Boris doesn’t care how he remains PM, as long as he is - it’s his lifelong dream. Worst case scenario he puts up with a Brexit Party coalition for a while (which also rids him of the DUP), gets to say he did everything he could to take us out but everyone else ruined it, hardens his own support in the process and wipes out enough of the other parties that nobody can challenge him / the Tories for years to come. The Brexit Party are a single issue entity and as soon as Boris has control of that - either in the form of us being out some way, somehow which means the BP is redundant, or in him being able to say he needs his own majority to finally put this to bed - he will call another election and wipe them out. This will then leave him with a sole Tory majority, no DUP, no Brexit Party, and with all opposition parties too split and divided to worry him.

None of this is secret. It’s hiding in plain sight, but they know almost everybody is either too daft, or too busy arguing with everybody else, to notice.

When I saw Cummings be talked about as a member of the BoJo team, my first thought was a combination of Malcolm Tucker and Peter Mandelson. He's not for the faint of heart that man but will bring provide a vision and sense of purpose lacking under Theresa May

Perhaps the biggest thing with Cummings is he's on a countdown clock as he has postponed surgery to November, so whatever happens, he's focusing even less on fluff than he may have been already. His time recently at Leave.EU allowed him to hit the floor running, so to speak.

As for Johnson threatening to deselect rebel MPs - just silly and stupid rhetoric, and ultimately pointless.

Talk is, Brenda from Bristol is going to very unhappy soon too

An interesting read on Brexit, no deal and the consequences of a blame game approach.

It'll be interesting to see what Corbyn does if BoJo wants to call for an election. Labours polling is incredibly awful at the moment, but he's been talking about it for months and months. What will he do? Back out or possibly make his party irrelevant? He's almost backed into a corner now.

I’m quite surprised at how few people in general seem to realise what’s going on. Boris has thrown down the gauntlet for MPs to block no deal and the parliamentary shut down, which is constitutionally possible - it’s complex but they’re going to go for it. He’s flushed them out. If they succeed, he is going to call a general election which he will win, even if it’s in coalition with Farage and the Brexit Party. It will be a de facto second referendum and the remain vote will split across multiple parties. Leave will be condensed into just two, and will win as a result even if they need to team up. People on here accused Farage of being an idiot in standing against the Tories in by elections. Nonsense - he’s been flexing and in a couple of months he may even be our Deputy Prime Minister. He’s shown Boris that his support and approval is valuable, and if they work together they could take parliament.

Dominic Cummings is behind all of this. A chess-loving, math-obsessed tactician with a love of Russian strategic thinking. He even learnt Russian because he’s so enamoured by them and many of their historical figures, especially those with socio-political roots. Boris doesn’t care how he remains PM, as long as he is - it’s his lifelong dream. Worst case scenario he puts up with a Brexit Party coalition for a while (which also rids him of the DUP), gets to say he did everything he could to take us out but everyone else ruined it, hardens his own support in the process and wipes out enough of the other parties that nobody can challenge him / the Tories for years to come. The Brexit Party are a single issue entity and as soon as Boris has control of that - either in the form of us being out some way, somehow which means the BP is redundant, or in him being able to say he needs his own majority to finally put this to bed - he will call another election and wipe them out. This will then leave him with a sole Tory majority, no DUP, no Brexit Party, and with all opposition parties too split and divided to worry him.

None of this is secret. It’s hiding in plain sight, but they know almost everybody is either too daft, or too busy arguing with everybody else, to notice.

Although the scenario you outline presupposes a) a No Deal Brexit, and b) That it isn't a complete disaster for the country.

Farage won't do an election deal with anything that resembles the current Brexit deal on the table - and the EU, if it moves at all, isn't moving far from its current position. So if BoJo doesn't want the Brexit Party splitting his vote, he has to go No Deal.

And if we end up with food and medicine shortages and rising prices, hundred mile tailbacks to every port, and unrest at a now-closed Irish border - Britain isn't going to re-elect BoJo and a Tory government.

Don't disagree that it's the scenario BoJo is working towards, but I still think it's a long shot. Because I think No Deal will be a chaotic disaster.

And if we end up with food and medicine shortages and rising prices, hundred mile tailbacks to every port, and unrest at a now-closed Irish border - Britain isn't going to re-elect BoJo and a Tory government.

Don't disagree that it's the scenario BoJo is working towards, but I still think it's a long shot. Because I think No Deal will be a chaotic disaster.

And don't forget, planes falling out of the sky, house prices collapsing, no trains, no petrol, .

Riots in the streets, three horsemen, the apocalypse, plagues of locusts, crops failing.

But, worst of all, no football matches as that would constitute a gathering of ne'er do wells and the like.

FFS, I am sick and tired of all the nonsense.

If Boris wins an easy election we will get deal with the EU.
Can see Corbyn gone within a couple of months as his party will be battered.
Especially if there is a pact with the Brexit party

Although the scenario you outline presupposes a) a No Deal Brexit, and b) That it isn't a complete disaster for the country.

Farage won't do an election deal with anything that resembles the current Brexit deal on the table - and the EU, if it moves at all, isn't moving far from its current position. So if BoJo doesn't want the Brexit Party splitting his vote, he has to go No Deal.

I think we’ve lost nearly all connection with reality and virtually all sense of empathy and common sense as a society, to the point that trivial matters such as civil unrest, food shortages, a medicine crisis and even economic disaster wouldn’t really affect what people voted for going forward, or how they felt. I think we’re absolutely gone, overall. It’s just one massive television show and everybody is so easily swayed or distracted that what’s really happening doesn’t seem to matter, because everyone is forgetting it’s actually real. In fact, a lot of people seem to welcome whatever is the most entertaining or dramatic, regardless of what it all actually means.

I’m pretty much done caring as a result. Nothing that happens will be anybody’s fault, and no matter how bad things get nobody is going to be willing to hold their hands up or back down, so the worse it is or gets, the more petrol will be poured on. It’s just going to be endless doubling down from all sides from here on it.

I would say I just want to get on with it so we can stop hearing and talking about it, but let’s face it, we’ll all hear the word Brexit until the day we die now.

I think we’ve lost nearly all connection with reality and virtually all sense of empathy and common sense as a society, to the point that trivial matters such as civil unrest, food shortages, a medicine crisis and even economic disaster wouldn’t really affect what people voted for going forward, or how they felt. I think we’re absolutely gone, overall. It’s just one massive television show and everybody is so easily swayed or distracted that what’s really happening doesn’t seem to matter, because everyone is forgetting it’s actually real. In fact, a lot of people seem to welcome whatever is the most entertaining or dramatic, regardless of what it all actually means.

I’m pretty much done caring as a result. Nothing that happens will be anybody’s fault, and no matter how bad things get nobody is going to be willing to hold their hands up or back down, so the worse it is or gets, the more petrol will be poured on. It’s just going to be endless doubling down from all sides from here on it.

I would say I just want to get on with it so we can stop hearing and talking about it, but let’s face it, we’ll all hear the word Brexit until the day we die now.
Brexit.

The answer to everything. The excuse for everything.

I think we’re absolutely gone, overall. It’s just one massive television show and everybody is so easily swayed or distracted that what’s really happening doesn’t seem to matter, because everyone is forgetting it’s actually real.

I wonder if the true impact of the BSE crisis (look it up, kids) on the UK populace as been tragically under-estimated. Or covered up..

All I know is it’s annoying going on holiday and trying to get foreign currency when the pound has plummeted so much
This I don't understand. The exchange rate has been talked about so much that anyone going abroad would have had plenty of advice as to when to buy. I have a credit card (Halifax) that doesn't charge for foreign currency useage and always gets the best current rate. We plan ahead and buy the currency required in good time, some flexibility if the exchange rate is forecast to improve or decline.

But of course, this is just another Brexit argument. Doom and gloom, heed the soothsayers! Soon you won't get able to get any currency. All the banks will have closed and relocated to Germany or France, anywhere but this sad little broken excuse for a country.

I wonder if the true impact of the BSE crisis (look it up, kids) on the UK populace as been tragically under-estimated. Or covered up..
We've beaten Swindon easily since then haven't we?

#oldschoolreference

I think the tiredness everyone has is a result of 3+ years of re-running a vote and head banging about it, not looking forwards enough to the future. We desperately need to move on as a society - there is a long list of stuff that we need to fix and make better. I do wonder if some of the rise in football violence, alongside other stuff is an outlet of people's anger and frustration about politics and general societal issues.

It's why a little part of me thinks No Deal will be a terrific shock, but remove us all from this situation and give the country a sense of forward moment in the first time in years. It will give us all something different to focus on that is isn't a vote from over 3 years ago.

Interestingly, the Lib Dems don't want a General Election, but do want a 2nd vote... I guess they've been looking at the polling too.

As for this talk of a coup. Unnecessarily shrill and inflammatory and only going to make people even more angry and tired than they already are. Cut it out FFS

RE: Currency

I think it’s more to do with the fact that GBP has dropped between 18-25 cents on the EUR and USD as well as plenty of other currencies.

A family going on holiday in July 2019 and taking out £1000 in EUR would have got £210 less than June 2016.

Short term I agree with you that it’s easier to plan or look at what GBP is doing and I did this before visiting the States earlier in the year when it looked like we might be edging closer to a deal. Ultimately 1-2 cents fluctuations don’t make a massive difference now but pre and post brexit they certainly do.

Obviously the drop has benefitted a number of people and industry and it could be argued it will secure some ordinary ‘man on the street jobs’ but it’s not great for most people

Back
Top Bottom