Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Well the yellowhammer papers sure support the happy optimistic lemming position of our glorious second hand car dealer prime minister. Maybe there is a lack of co-ordination between Gove and Johnson otherwise it would suggest that our prime minister has been economical with the truth. I’m sure the brexiteers will claim this the work of the remoaners rather than their very own Brexit cabinet.
Maybe the plan is that we move everyone into the top 1% of earners so that there is no effect on anyone...

Yellowhammer is cat nip to Remainers - I'd guess straight from Philip Hammond's archives. It's just as well the Govt is finally taking No Deal preparations seriously under Boris.

Best get on with sorting out a deal that can get through parliament eh?

That’s the beauty of this situation, isn’t it? Even if something goes massively wrong, one side will point at the other and go “We told you that would happen”, while the other side will point back and go “Well it only happened because you didn’t plan it properly”. Nobody is going to be held to account no matter what happens, because everybody has already got their excuses ready. The remainers get to say they warned everybody there was an iceberg ahead the entire time, and the leavers get to say it only went wrong because the remainers sabotaged the attempts to steer the ship.

And that’s why this entire thing is the biggest clusterf**k of our lifetime. Forget the actual end result, it isn’t even about that anymore. Nobody is going to shoulder any blame and the arguing will never stop as a result.

Yellowhammer is cat nip to Remainers - I'd guess straight from Philip Hammond's archives. It's just as well the Govt is finally taking No Deal preparations seriously under Boris.

Best get on with sorting out a deal that can get through parliament eh?
As I said in my post this is nothing to do with the remainders this is a report written for Johnson’s cabinet but don’t let the facts get in the way.

• React
Reactions: Ian
As I said in my post this is nothing to do with the remainders this is a report written for Johnson’s cabinet but don’t let the facts get in the way.
Yes, and even if it WERE solely down to the lack of potential no deal planning by previous incumbents as opposed to the simple reality of leaving without a trade deal causing huge problems in and of itself, the answer isn’t to shrug and go, “Oh well, that’s their fault, we didn’t do that and we’re out regardless, and it doesn’t matter what the consequences to that are now.”

If ever the words “food and medicine shortages” are uttered, absolutely ANY sane and rational human being should want to avoid that outcome at all costs. Put aside winning or losing, leave or remain, left or right - it shouldn’t be about any of that when outcomes like this are being genuinely and factually discussed inside parliament. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is or isn’t, or why it is the way it is, it just IS and that isn’t up for debate anymore. Our government is factually and indisputably saying there is a chance that this is going to happen. What’s left to argue on that front? It isn’t a lie or a conspiracy, it’s real and is out there. So what possible reason would we ever have for doing this without pressing pause and sorting it out first, so that this DEFINITELY won’t happen? Because if there’s even a 1% chance that one of the biggest countries on Earth could find itself struggling to get sufficient medicine into the country, and if even one citizen is knowingly and willingly put at risk or comes to harm through a completely preventable decision such as this, that is the most shocking and reckless betrayal of a people that any government could impose.

If one single person doesn’t agree that making sure food and medicine isn’t an issue is something we should really rally around, I don’t know where we go from here.

Yes, and even if it WERE solely down to the lack of potential no deal planning by previous incumbents as opposed to the simple reality of leaving without a trade deal causing huge problems in and of itself, the answer isn’t to shrug and go, “Oh well, that’s their fault, we didn’t do that and we’re out regardless, and it doesn’t matter what the consequences to that are now.”

If ever the words “food and medicine shortages” are uttered, absolutely ANY sane and rational human being should want to avoid that outcome at all costs. Put aside winning or losing, leave or remain, left or right - it shouldn’t be about any of that when outcomes like this are being genuinely and factually discussed inside parliament. It doesn’t matter whose fault it is or isn’t, or why it is the way it is, it just IS and that isn’t up for debate anymore. Our government is factually and indisputably saying there is a chance that this is going to happen. What’s left to argue on that front? It isn’t a lie or a conspiracy, it’s real and is out there. So what possible reason would we ever have for doing this without pressing pause and sorting it out first, so that this DEFINITELY won’t happen? Because if there’s even a 1% chance that one of the biggest countries on Earth could find itself struggling to get sufficient medicine into the country, and if even one citizen is knowingly and willingly put at risk or comes to harm through a completely preventable decision such as this, that is the most shocking and reckless betrayal of a people that any government could impose.

If one single person doesn’t agree that making sure food and medicine isn’t an issue is something we should really rally around, I don’t know where we go from here.

See global warming.

We've been there for some time and Brexit didn't take us there.

If we had planned better for a No Deal once Article 50 was triggered, businesses would have had longer term support to prepare for tax, freedom of movement, drugs, etc. I suppose our politicians of all sides would have taken it more seriously too if they could see a series of plans and processes in place - but as a lot of have never taken it seriously, we are where we are.

Also, it would have undoubtedly helped in negotiations because the EU would have seen we were serious and prepared for all outcomes.

If we had planned better for a No Deal once Article 50 was triggered, businesses would have had longer term support to prepare for tax, freedom of movement, drugs, etc. I suppose our politicians of all sides would have taken it more seriously too if they could see a series of plans and processes in place - but as a lot of have never taken it seriously, we are where we are.

Also, it would have undoubtedly helped in negotiations because the EU would have seen we were serious and prepared for all outcomes.

Would have been far better to have a strategy/plan before even triggering A50.

Okay, but we still don’t jump out even if we might have food and medicine problems. Right? We don’t do that when we are talking about food and medicine? We put aside who is to blame, who did or didn’t do what, and we don’t let that happen?

It would have been far better to have a strategy before having the f*****g referendum. :)
Such is life. Once you've spilt milk on the carpet, no point in complaining about whether the bottle was opened correctly, or the person who spilt it knew what they were doing. The milk is on the carpet now and it's not getting back into the bottle for your cornflakes.

Best clear the milk up and get on with life, rather than moan about the smell the milk is making after 3 years, the way the milk bottle was opened or because there are people out there who cannot accept the milk was spilt in the first place and want another go at opening the milk bottle. Some even want to take the dairy to court because they don't think the person that opened the milk didn't know what they are doing and it's the dairy's fault.

This did make me smirk this evening

Back
Top Bottom