Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
I genuinely feel sorry for the Maybot. Her brain is scrambled and she has lost the plot and control of everything. She doesn't communicate, tells people she'll do x and does y, and won't go.

Brexit may be a shambles. The EU isn't.

Boris Johnson is a lazy and corrupt liar with neither the attention span nor the skillset to do anything more than smash up a restaurant with the Bullingdon group.

I've no idea why he should appeal to a Leysboy
Then what does that make Sadiq Khan? He's taken the work of a "lazy and corrupt liar with neither the attention span nor the skillset to do anything more than smash up a restaurant with the Bullingdon group" and made it worse. He's spaffed a well run London up the wall. If Boris was that bad, Khan would have made it better from day one.

I genuinely feel sorry for the Maybot. Her brain is scrambled and she has lost the plot and control of everything. She doesn't communicate, tells people she'll do x and does y, and won't go.

Then what does that make Sadiq Khan? He's taken the work of a "lazy and corrupt liar with neither the attention span nor the skillset to do anything more than smash up a restaurant with the Bullingdon group" and made it worse. He's spaffed a well run London up the wall. If Boris was that bad, Khan would have made it better from day one.

That is quite an impressive leap of "whataboutism" there.

That is quite an impressive leap of "whataboutism" there.
Not at all. If Boris is as described, then what does it make Sadiq? Do you think Sadiq has done a great job?

And then, if Boris is that bad, what does it say for the Londoners who voted for him for twice to be their Mayor? Are they unbelievably thick to do that? Considering how multi-cultural the city is, I don't think a migrant from Ghana would even know about the Bullingdon club or care it exists.

More realistically, Boris is a two tone character, who is wildly inconsistent in his views, at times as a way to get what he wants. He preys on the perception people have that he is thick and stupid and uses it to his advantage. I can take him or leave him at a personal level - just like his siblings.

Not at all. If Boris is as described, then what does it make Sadiq? Do you think Sadiq has done a great job?

And then, if Boris is that bad, what does it say for the Londoners who voted for him for twice to be their Mayor? Are they unbelievably thick to do that? Considering how multi-cultural the city is, I don't think a migrant from Ghana would even know about the Bullingdon club or care it exists.

More realistically, Boris is a two tone character, who is wildly inconsistent in his views, at times as a way to get what he wants. He preys on the perception people have that he is thick and stupid and uses it to his advantage. I can take him or leave him at a personal level - just like his siblings.

You were talking about the Maybot then hardly discuss Boris and then go off on one about Sadiq Khan who as far as I can see isn't wanting to be Prime Minister (considering he isn't a Tory) unlike the Maybot who is one and Boris who wants to be one.

Yes, Khan isn't doing so bad in London. At least he hasn't wasted many £ms on a bridge that never got built or on buying water cannons that the Police couldn't and wouldn't use. Boris has screwed up elsewhere plenty of times, ie. in the Foreign Office and is a "do whatever, at whatever cost to everybody else" to meet his own personal political ambitions.

You were talking about the Maybot then hardly discuss Boris and then go off on one about Sadiq Khan who as far as I can see isn't wanting to be Prime Minister (considering he isn't a Tory) unlike the Maybot who is one and Boris who wants to be one.

Yes, Khan isn't doing so bad in London. At least he hasn't wasted many £ms on a bridge that never got built or on buying water cannons that the Police couldn't and wouldn't use. Boris has screwed up elsewhere plenty of times, ie. in the Foreign Office and is a "do whatever, at whatever cost to everybody else" to meet his own personal political ambitions.

a loose cannon ...seriously concerning if 'our' evostick league level version of Trump becomes tory leader/PM IMO

Can you explain what you mean by this? The tweet was from 2016?

Happily. It seemed apt considering the present circumstances and the Brexit uncertain is one of the major factors in its demise and it was always one of the industries/companies at risk for that very reason with the lack of business investment being made.

Happily. It seemed apt considering the present circumstances and the Brexit uncertain is one of the major factors in its demise and it was always one of the industries/companies at risk for that very reason with the lack of business investment being made.

The demise had more to do with the UK Government stopping the EU implementing tariffs on Chinese steel and the failure of carbon trading, Brexit is way down the list....

This macho style of diplomacy might have worked with gunboats up the Yangtse in the 19th century. Threats followed by stamping of feet if we don't get our own way. The ineffectiveness of operating under WTO terms has been discussed on here many times, so not going to repeat it.

How quickly do you think we can 'make our own deals"? In a few weeks? In a few years? Jacob Rees-Mogg reckons we might not see the benefits of Brexit for 50 years (although he himself is already making money from it) and professional, experienced negotiators who actually know what they're talking about suggest five to ten years to get deals tied down. In the meantime who do we trade with, and under what conditions?

We will never be a Third World country, but no-one knows how our economy will fare after Brexit. No-one. Still, let's take the risk, eh?

At least no-one now seems to be making childish references like 'snowflake' or 'traitor' towards anyone concerned about our future. That's some progress.

Sorry for the late response Pete.

First of all I’ve never referred to people on here as a snowflake or a traitor. This is a forum, and I respect everyone’s views, and what they voted for. After all we all support the magnificent OUFC.

My thoughts on Brexit, and why I’ve voted for the Brexit Party...

It’s all about democracy, in 2016 we had a referendum, and against the odds and the establishment Leave won. It’s the governments duty to push that through, and implement that! We’ve been lied to, and severely been let down by an inept prime minister, that has back tracked on everything she has said, and never ever wanted to Leave. She’s said we will leave the EU on March 29th so many times I can’t remember how many to be exact. All she has done is kick the can down the road so to speak, and try to push a deal through parliament that the EU have given her. This deal is worse than what we have right now. It will keep us tied in forever imo.

I do like listening to Nigel Farage, because when he’s interviewed he answers the questions he’s given. Other politicians avoid some questions and go around the houses, to avoid the point being made.

We’ve been told it will be disastrous to leave the EU.

I’m fed up of being suppressed, and having people sat around a table in Brussels telling us what we can and can’t do. I want us to be a self governing nation, where we make our own rules and tariffs. I’d like to visit the other side of the fence to see if the grass is greener. Let’s go and have a look, and make it work.

When you mention deals, I’m pretty sure there are countries out there who will already be ready to make deals with us. I’m sure the Aussies and Kiwi’s will. I’m sure the Canadians will, and I’m sure China will. and without a shadow of a doubt, the EU will be wanting to deal with us.

Let’s do all the things we did a while ago let’s start our own car manufacturing again. Let’s get out there, and make Britain great again.

The demise had more to do with the UK Government stopping the EU implementing tariffs on Chinese steel and the failure of carbon trading, Brexit is way down the list....

And yet it was managing to get orders in before the Brexit uncertainty even when competing with Chinese Steel. They are all factors but the lack of business investment due to Brexit uncertainty is right up there.

I certainly wasn't meaning you when I mentioned people using the terms 'snowflake' and 'traitor'. In fact, there's only one poster who resorted to it on a regular basis (Cassox) and he doesn't seem to post any more.

We have diametrically opposed views on this subject, but that's what makes debate interesting. Labour & Tories have both revealed themselves to be useless in trying to resolve the impasse. Brexit Party will win most seats by a mile because of this, the remain parties being split three ways, and Tories defecting to Farage in their droves.

Regards the EU, we really are not 'suppressed'. They can't force us to do anything we don't want to as we have a veto. You talk about giving it try outside the EU, and say you are 'sure' deals can be done and other nations will want to trade with us, but that's conjecture wrapped up in uncertainty and hope! Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Finally, nobody has yet been able to explain how Brexit will 'make Britain great again'. What history do we want to retrieve? We no longer rule the waves militarily or economically. Brexit will certainly make Britain 'different', but I fear for the worse.

PS Did you used to post on another forum as CyprusOx?

Yes to the end part, but I no longer post there, and only use this forum, and Facebook Lge One.

I don’t live there anymore, but do rent the house out for holidays etc. I’ve been back in the UK for the last six years.

Last edited:

It is possible to have multiple evolving thoughts in ones head at any time. Apologies if that offends you.

Doesn't offend me in the slightest, it is just amazing how many times you do a "whataboutism/oh look a squirrel/deflection" on political threads.

Talk me through how Sadiq Khan is trying to be PM or is deciding Brexit policy?

Last edited:
Doesn't offend me in the slightest, it is just amazing how many times you do a "whataboutism/oh look a squirrel/deflection" on political threads.

Talk me through how Sadiq Khan is trying to be PM or is deciding Brexit policy?
It was a deflection or intended as one. I am always interested in where people's POV ends - like the milkshake stuff. I don't know why you get so perpetually offended by it.

Back
Top Bottom