Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Can someone explain to me how, when the Greens and LibDems ('Remainer' parties) have made huge gains at the expense of Labour and especially the Conservatives (both committed to leaving) during the local elections, Theresa May and other right wing Tories can interpret that as a 'huge vote for us to get on with delivering Brexit' (paraphrase)?

Can someone explain to me how, when the Greens and LibDems ('Remainer' parties) have made huge gains at the expense of Labour and especially the Conservatives (both committed to leaving) during the local elections, Theresa May and other right wing Tories can interpret that as a 'huge vote for us to get on with delivering Brexit' (paraphrase)?

Because they only see what they want to see.

And while to media goes into a frenzy about the Royal baby, Theresa & Jeremy cobble together, and try to sneak through without anyone noticing their wretched ‘deal’ without using the word customs union even though being in a customs union is central to the ‘deal’

Not directly related, but Boris caught telling porkies again last night.

He tweeted "I just voted Conservative in the local elections. Make sure you do too! You’ve got two hours left to get out and vote!" The problem is that there weren't any such elections in London, so he couldn't have. That was pointed out to him and he hastily took the tweet down.

And people want this clown as PM?

To be fair - and I despise Johnson as much as the next right-thinking human being - I suspect this is just a cock-up by some flunky. Conservative Central Office email round a stock tweet to Tory MPs asking them to encourage their vote out, Boris's aide (or perhaps even the man himself) tweets it without thinking. Find it hard to get worked up about this one. I also read a suggestion that he made have voted from his second home (the likes of him couldn't make do with just the one house - perish the thought).

Save your outrage for things that matter - there's plenty where that came from.

Wouldn't say I'm outraged by it. Just another small thing to add to the (pretty thick) catalogue of mistakes made by him.

Don’t have any sharp or witty comment to make; the participation in the European elections, just confirmed, is a low point even for this lamentable Government.

Don’t have any sharp or witty comment to make; the participation in the European elections, just confirmed, is a low point even for this lamentable Government.

Farage will absolutely love being able to grandstand again because of this.

It’s farcical that we are participating in the Euro elections as we voted to leave three years ago. The cost of so doing is unnecessary too.
The fact that negotiations are being carried out by a remainer with members of the the EU negotiating team means we won’t get far.
Give the MPs voted to implement article 50, its shameful that nothing has happened and that day to day business is not going ahead

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of Brexit itself - is anyone else concerned by the fact that Westminster MPs seem to be doing very little other than endlessly rehashing the same points on this issue and trying to jockey for position within their parties? What's happened to actually governing the country? Who is making the decisions - because is sure as hell isn't those in parliament?!

It’s farcical that we are participating in the Euro elections as we voted to leave three years ago. The cost of so doing is unnecessary too.
The fact that negotiations are being carried out by a remainer with members of the the EU negotiating team means we won’t get far.
Give the MPs voted to implement article 50, its shameful that nothing has happened and that day to day business is not going ahead
And I won't hear a word of complaint about the toad face being back and his new Party getting votes. He was off being a pundit for Fox News and winding up other MEPs. It's a stain on Westminster that Farage coming back has them worried and the Maybot tried to cobble something together to stop the elections.

Frankly, the Tories need to remove Maybot in any way they can - the local parties are damned right mutinous now and she just ignores it all. She has Pep Clotet syndrome. She's lost, overwhelmed and blocking progress. I have no sympathy for her any more.

The worst thing with Theresa May is she is incompetent.Cameron was a coward who walked away when the going got tough.
Nigel Farage knows how to play his cards right. He got his nominations in for election in good time to compete.
The Conservatives have no chance of winning the Euros and for me it looks like a straight fight between the LibDems and Brexit. Assuming Brexit win it will be like a rerun of the referendum. I don’t there will be many arguments for a so called people’s vote then.
Theresa Mays position may well become untenable if that happens

The worst thing with Theresa May is she is incompetent.Cameron was a coward who walked away when the going got tough.
Nigel Farage knows how to play his cards right. He got his nominations in for election in good time to compete.
The Conservatives have no chance of winning the Euros and for me it looks like a straight fight between the LibDems and Brexit. Assuming Brexit win it will be like a rerun of the referendum. I don’t there will be many arguments for a so called people’s vote then.
Theresa Mays position may well become untenable if that happens

It won't be a rerun of the referendum due to the turnout which will be low. Anecdotally, I know of 5 people (4 remainers, 1 leaver) who would vote in a referendum but can't be bothered with these Euro elections.

It won't be a rerun of the referendum due to the turnout which will be low. Anecdotally, I know of 5 people (4 remainers, 1 leaver) who would vote in a referendum but can't be bothered with these Euro elections.

Historically turnout for EU vote is about 34% I think, so it will be interesting to see if that is bettered, I suspect it will be fairly comfortably. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a 45+% turnout. But who knows? I could be completely wrong.

The last 4 General elections turnout has been in the 60s%. The EU ref turnout was a whopping 72%.

Are the public still motivated to vote? Has Has democracy been damaged by Parliaments failure implement Brexit? Is there election fatigue? The answer to these questions will affect the turnout.

I imagine that The LibDems and The Brexit Party will do well, The Tories & Labour will not.

Whatever the result, you can be sure politicians will spin it to suit their own leanings.

Historically turnout for EU vote is about 34% I think, so it will be interesting to see if that is bettered, I suspect it will be fairly comfortably. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a 45+% turnout. But who knows? I could be completely wrong.

The last 4 General elections turnout has been in the 60s%. The EU ref turnout was a whopping 72%.

Are the public still motivated to vote? Has Has democracy been damaged by Parliaments failure implement Brexit? Is there election fatigue? The answer to these questions will affect the turnout.

I imagine that The LibDems and The Brexit Party will do well, The Tories & Labour will not.

Whatever the result, you can be sure politicians will spin it to suit their own leanings.

Absolutely on that last point.

The cost of so doing is unnecessary too.

£156m. A lot of money to you or me, but neither here nor there in government terms. Brexit is costing us nearly four times that every week.

So now you Brexiters are finding somewhere to pin the blame as a "successful Brexit" is shown up as the naive fantasy it always was. You knew the players when you placed the bet...it's no good betting your house on Yeovil to beat Man City and then saying "Yeovil would have won if they had better players."

So Brexit turned out to be a tad more difficult than you Brexiteers claimed before June 2016. It was all going to be so easy, we held all the cards and BMW would force the EU to give us a good deal. How did that work out?

Well done Brexiters. Slow hand clap.

It was never going to be easy, staying in or coming out.
My point is that the people have voted for an exit, and we should have had a negotiator for an exit who believes in it, not Theresa May who wants to stay in despite stating the contrary.
The politicians mostly want to stay in and are doing their level best to bore us into submission

Back
Top Bottom