Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Precisely. But far too many people are incapable of understanding that and just want to throw us into the ocean out of principle, because it was meant to have been sorted by now. We should have been taught how to swim, yes, but we have not been. The solution is not to risk us drowning because something SHOULD have happened already, because the fact of that matter is that it has not. So do you drown people, and in turn yourself, who have been failed by people who completely screwed everything up, or do you make damn sure someone capable takes over and then chucks us out later on?
Dear dear dear..........have faith in Britain for Gods sake..........swim???? see? you always see the worst scenario...........you will NOT drown as you will be entering water thats only 2 foot deep..........what the f**k are the remoaners afraid of exactly??? i think they just want to be nannied by the EU and have them even wipe their arses which they seem incapable of doing themselves....PATHETIC

.... insert random words here .... lie a bit .... make a bit more up .... try to remember what the new rules are .... f**k it I don't care you're all a bunch of remaining traitors .... everyone but me is thick anyway .... I know better than experienced business owners .... NO DEAL NO DEAL NO DEAL ....
you're losing the plot a bit i think.......tell ya what,why dont you just read the comments instead of replying with your inane dross....you are just embarrassing yourself.

I think that's a view which is being echoed by the finance houses, major businesses and the various financial institutions. How can anyone be prepared when they don't know what to prepare for?
WTO rules which they are familiar with and understand......what could be easier???? of course tweeks could be made after consultations . S-I-M-P-L-E

WTO rules which they are familiar with and understand......what could be easier???? of course tweeks could be made after consultations . S-I-M-P-L-E

I know what is coming across as simple here. There are literally 000s of known things that have not been planned for yet in that scenario and many more 000s not known about.

Sure, but as we've seen over the past three years - a simple Yes/No vote on EU membership was ridiculously oversimplistic for the question at hand.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

Well, both a No Deal Brexit and a Norway-style EFTA membership accomplish leaving the European Union, so literally speaking either option would be delivering the result of the referendum. But they'll leave us with a very, very different country and relationship with Europe afterwards. You'd say that EFTA membership wouldn't be in the spirit of the vote, given the focus on freedom of movement in the campaign, and you'd probably be right, but at the same time, I'd guarantee that 52% of the voters didn't think - given what they were told - that they were voting for WTO tariffs on their shopping and a hard border with Ireland.

If you want to limit the ambiguity in a people's decision, you've got to ask a more complicated question.

(Although again, I'm on record for never wanting a referendum in the first place)
It very much is! But as we've seen, we've spent 2 1/2 years arguing about the result of a simple question, how in the hell can we agree on something more nuanced? With so much at stake, the wording will be picked over extensively, especially with such little time left. A 2nd vote resonates well in Westminster and metropolitan areas, but try as I might to think otherwise, I think some Remainers are vastly overrating their ability to hold the group together and the public's willingness to have a more nuanced vote.

Are we best putting our energy into tomorrow rather than arguing about what happened yesterday?

Some interesting research

Apparently British people who are old enough to remember the war see how positive the EU has been for peace.

It's the armchair warriors who watched too many war movies who are the problem.

Amendment A passes and May's Govt losses again, 329-302. So Wednesday, Parliament will likely have a series of indicative votes.

One Govt Minister has resigned to vote against the Govt.

The problem is to put energy into tomorrow we need to know what happened yesterday and what it means.
And we already know that, and have done for 2 1/2 years. It's only some individuals complete and utter refusal to implement an in/out question that is turning the UK into a joke. Ironically, if we had got on with it, we'd be further ahead in our new relationship with EU and a better future. And we are still arguing about something that happened in 2016. And a 2nd vote will simply divide us further and further apart.

I see the Letwin amendment got through. Gosh Parliament, get on with it. The sad thing is, this stuff is on the cards for the next round of trade negotiations. There is simply no need to go there now.

Amendment A passes and May's Govt losses again, 329-302. So Wednesday, Parliament will likely have a series of indicative votes.

One Govt Minister has resigned to vote against the Govt.
It's two. Some FO bod resigned as well.

And we already know that, and have done for 2 1/2 years. It's only some individuals complete and utter refusal to implement an in/out question that is turning the UK into a joke. Ironically, if we had got on with it, we'd be further ahead in our new relationship with EU and a better future. And we are still arguing about something that happened in 2016. And a 2nd vote will simply divide us further and further apart.

I see the Letwin amendment got through. Gosh Parliament, get on with it. The sad thing is, this stuff is on the cards for the next round of trade negotiations. There is simply no need to go there now.

But until we sort out what the earlier part means then tomorrow can't be sorted out. Because of the earlier part's ambiguity, and an incompetent Govt, we are in the mess we are.

Get on with what? What do you want to happen?

The arguments will soon be over. We will not be allowed to leave the EU.
Theresa May will be forced out.
Corbyn will face a leadership challenge
And an election beckons for June 6

Oh, I'm red-faced with embarrassment. Imagine being 'owned' by an ultra-right wing apologist?

Judging by the comments on here, most posters have not only read but also understood the multitude of analysis on the subject of Brexit, and formed opinions that are in tune with the majority of business owners, ie that a no deal Brexit could be catastrophic.

Obviously that doesn't sit well with your nationalistic, xenophobic view of the world, but that's rather your problem, isn't it? I look forward to a stream of inflective from you in return.
catastrophic......................... oh dear...... thought you might have used "cliff edge" ....... you wouldnt understand anything unless it was in Ladybird book format.

Here's somebody who actually knows what WTO terms means and he is saying you are wrong.
He's part of the EU ....he would say anything to get us to stay in the Nazi EU......they NEED us and will still have to deal with us....but we will also be free to deal with the rest of the world....you know...that great big place outside the confines of the EUssr

Back
Top Bottom