Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Eventually the politicians will catch up, to be honest the result wasn`t what the politicians wanted...... they had no plan at all for that result.
Now that is not the "fault" of those who voted to Leave, it is the fault of our politicians and their behaviour since has been no better than a rabbit caught in the headlines of an oncoming lorry.

So TM returns from Brussels with an "extension" which is frankly pointless, her deal goes back to Parliament again. Parliament reject her deal and we depart with No Deal on the 29th because the EU won`t accept a third rejection.
Now that will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions, not due to those who told HMG what they wanted, but the inability of HMG to sort out an orderly exit, and I include all politicians in that description of HMG.

Agree 100% with this analysis.
If parliament can't get itself on rails in the next seven days, then Heaven knows what's going to happen next Saturday.
I imagine there's going to be millions of people standing around looking confused, shrugging and going "What the hell do we do now?".

I'll be honest, there's a part of me that now wants to see it happen - out of a deep sense of frustration with the whole process, obviously, but also out of curiosity as to what comes next when a country instantly severs all legal and economic regulation over commerce with its largest trading partner without having put any contingency plans in place. I'm assuming the answer is unilateral chaos but there would be a certain academic fascination in seeing that hypothesis tested.

But then I live in the US, and all my savings are over here now as well - so it's not going to be my standard of living that gets ****ed if the worst case scenario should happen...….

Fear not!

May & Hammond like Cameron & Osborne before them will have done their duty and prepared the country for a no deal exit.

Agree. Looks highly likely we will leave on a 'no deal' basis, a result that very few wanted in the political or business worlds, or even in the general population, on the basis that it will be BAD for our economy and general welfare.

How the hell have we arrived at this position? Must admit, I now wish the ERG and the rest of the Tory party had supported May's proposal. It might be a piece of crap, but at least we'd leave with some hope for our future outside the EU.

Shambles! And does anyone know how we will proceed should we leave deal-less on 29 March?

Still not sure that’s enough, need DUP on board as well?

I would be very, very surprised if we leave without a deal.

May doesn’t want to, Hammond doesn’t want to, the EU doesn’t want to, Parliament doesn’t want to.

This is the final throw of the project fear dice. A way will be found to stop a no deal, whether it’s a longer extension, another referendum or revoking of A50.

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories, but part of me sometimes wonders if this whole shambolic period since the referendum vote isn’t just some sort of deliberate, staged performance. There all in on it, May, Hammond, Junker, Tusk, Barnier, Blair, Major, even Corbyn! How could it not be?;)

I would be very, very surprised if we leave without a deal.

May doesn’t want to, Hammond doesn’t want to, the EU doesn’t want to, Parliament doesn’t want to.

Although the way things are going.....it's looking more and more likely that there's only three possible options. No deal, May's deal or Revoke Article 50.

May doesn't want No Deal - but I think she might prefer it to revoking Article 50 (because that would be a betrayal of everything that she's said for the past three years)
Corbyn doesn't want No Deal - but I think he might prefer it to May's deal (because he cares more about political point scoring than he does about the EU; plus he probably thinks that he might be able to force a GE and get into power in the wake of No Deal carnage)

Unless there's another 75 MPs that are willing to change their mind on May's deal in the next few days based on nothing but fear of the third outcome (be it No Brexit for JRM and co. or No Deal for a bunch of Labour MPs)…...it just seems as if we might default our way to No Deal through a sheer inability to agree on anything else.

BERCOW...."None of you are a traitor,you are doing your best" ......... i see the swamp creatures are starting to get a bit jittery now.........ooooooo i can't go home....oooooooo i got attacked they broke my glasses.....ooooo we have to share taxis home ........ YES....you cnuts had better be afraid.....we have had enough and will want answers on the 29th. WTO Brexit....what are you afraid of you snowflake handwringing money grabbing bastards

BERCOW...."None of you are a traitor,you are doing your best" ......... i see the swamp creatures are starting to get a bit jittery now.........ooooooo i can't go home....oooooooo i got attacked they broke my glasses.....ooooo we have to share taxis home ........ YES....you cnuts had better be afraid.....we have had enough and will want answers on the 29th. WTO Brexit....what are you afraid of you snowflake handwringing money grabbing bastards

Deep, man.

A member of Parliament, a young mother and wife, was savagely murdered in the street before the referendum over her stance on Brexit. And you are not only dismissing the fears of MPs over their safety even after such a horrible event which proves it’s very real that something could happen to them, you are threatening them yourself by saying they’d better be afraid.

You are an utter, utter scum bag, not to mention a complete and utter cretin, and you deserve no platform what so ever. What an absolute disgrace you are. A woman was slaughtered like a cow in broad daylight in the middle of the street, and you are indulging in this sort of language and behaviour.

Hang your head in shame.

Do the majority of Labour MPs want to leave with a no deal? If not, then it looks they need to vote to accept the May deal, instead of playing party politics?

A no deal would be as much their fault as the brexiteer Tories and DUP.

I agree. Parliament is in a staring contest with itself over a referendum result, that it's not thinking outside of Westminster about what their actions will do in the next weeks. May's deal is pathetic, but the alternative is something worse - I am comfortable to go there, but frankly, it's awful parliament is stuck in a Little Britain sketch
i-dont-like-it.jpg

And it looks like the EU have done the UK a massive favour tonight. Don't waste it Westminster.

Ah you’re that t**t who didn’t rate Jake Wright

Don't waste your time with this Neanderthal. Admin obviously think his rants are acceptable. Better to treat him in the same way the NZ PM is treating the latest right wing extremist terrorist - ignore him.
Not at all. We are all entitled to our views, as I keep saying, if I was to ban posters because others didn't agree with views or found offence, the would be a handful of members.

This forum has a feature to block members that you do not want to engage with

I have contacted cassox.

Although the way things are going.....it's looking more and more likely that there's only three possible options. No deal, May's deal or Revoke Article 50.

May doesn't want No Deal - but I think she might prefer it to revoking Article 50 (because that would be a betrayal of everything that she's said for the past three years)
Corbyn doesn't want No Deal - but I think he might prefer it to May's deal (because he cares more about political point scoring than he does about the EU; plus he probably thinks that he might be able to force a GE and get into power in the wake of No Deal carnage)

Unless there's another 75 MPs that are willing to change their mind on May's deal in the next few days based on nothing but fear of the third outcome (be it No Brexit for JRM and co. or No Deal for a bunch of Labour MPs)…...it just seems as if we might default our way to No Deal through a sheer inability to agree on anything else.

I see it slightly differently.

TM might say she prefers a no deal deal rather than revoking A50 but in my view she won’t do it. Perhaps she’ll resign rather than have to make a decision about A50? But I would be absolutely amazed if she let a no deal happen on her watch.

Ever since the referendum result was declared the then PM & Chancellor and the current ones have deliberately? (or half heartedly) not prepared for for a no deal Brexit. There’s no will for it, that also includes Cameron, Osborne, the current PM, Chancellor, Tusk, Juncker, Parliament and a host powerful and influential people.

I think that if the EU truly believed that a no deal was something that TM would opt for then she have could secured a better deal for the UK. But they didn’t and we are left with May’s deal which is pretty awful and nobody likes, except perhaps the EU.

Whether it’s May’s deal, revoking A50, another referendum or kicking the can down a long extension road, I believe a way will be found to stop a no deal.

And finally I predict we’ll have a staged managed scene where a no deal is averted at the very last minute (very EU) where all the leaders go around patting each other other the back, hugs, kisses, preening like peacocks for the camera, telling each other and us how wonderful they all are.;)

Last edited:
Not at all. We are all entitled to our views, as I keep saying, if I was to ban posters because others didn't agree with views or found offence, the would be a handful of members.

This forum has a feature to block members that you do not want to engage with

I have contacted cassox.
It’s not about different opinions, this poster expresses himself in an inappropriately aggressive and abusive way. He’s probably a child but still needs to learn what is acceptable in a public forum

It’s not about different opinions, this poster expresses himself in an inappropriately aggressive and abusive way. He’s probably a child but still needs to learn what is acceptable in a public forum

Users can ignore posters so cannot see posts they make. So there is a way around not seeing posts from those you do not agree with/irritate you.

In the past, ESB himself has asked that posts be both non-libellous and 'respectful':

It's a shame this advice is not enforced, that's all.
CassOx has been contacted. But does not warrant a ban.

As i say above, you can ignore posters. Perhaps you should ignore this user for a few weeks?

Brexit is a very passionate and emotional subject. Even the most sane members of the public are getting wound up by the shenanigans.

The post you link too above was relating to users posting the personal love lives of OUFC management.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want him banned. Cassox could try expressing himself while reining in his more extreme views. The rest of us have to.

Ignoring offensive - rather than just 'different' - views is a cop out. Extremists need to be confronted, and extremism is not simply expressing legitimate pro or anti Brexit opinions, it's about how they are expressed.
You called for action from admin, what did you have in mind? I have contacted the user to discuss this....

Back
Top Bottom