Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
We've never lost our sovereignty. If we had we'd have the Euro and Schengen and wouldn't have been allowed to have the referendum in the first place.
Open your eyes ffs.....it's COMING ....The Lisbon treaty will suck us in and demote our parliament to a local council with no powers at all.......get yer blinkers off

Open your eyes ffs.....it's COMING ....The Lisbon treaty will suck us in and demote our parliament to a local council with no powers at all.......get yer blinkers off

You really aren't helping yourself or your cause repeating the fake news about the Lisbon Treaty as it came into force in 2009. You need to do some research on ACTUAL facts rather than stuff made up. Here's a start in simple terms for you:

That's right - just like Adolf Hitler.

And it looks like Maybot the Masochist's deal will be heading back for a 3rd time sometime soon as a meaningful vote. Dear oh dear.

Equally, we are seeing how fundamentally myopic parliament has been for 2 years about what next. Lots of motions to pause or stop, but what next? Yet again, I'm left worried that the desire to stop Brexit in some form is all some MPs wanted and their games are as bad as the ERGs.

Wasn't that the purpose of the Hilary Benn amendment yesterday - to allow MPs to have a series of indicative votes on alternatives to better judge what sort of deal could gain a Commons majority?

It lost by two votes, so my understanding is that means May still gets to control the agenda, and therefore can just continue to repeatedly bludgeon parliament with her bill until it passes or we get to March 29th...….

Wasn't that the purpose of the Hilary Benn amendment yesterday - to allow MPs to have a series of indicative votes on alternatives to better judge what sort of deal could gain a Commons majority?

It lost by two votes, so my understanding is that means May still gets to control the agenda, and therefore can just continue to repeatedly bludgeon parliament with her bill until it passes or we get to March 29th...….

Unless Bercow steps in and refuses to allow any more votes on her deal (as there will not be any substantive changes) which is possible as she isn't supposed to bring back the same motion. Over to Bercow then....

It only nudges it along a little bit - we're past little things. We need firm ideas, not hopes and prayers.

Anyway, I see the Maybot is doing a full court press on the DUP that seems to be going well so far. If she can deliver the DUP, she'll deliver a considerable amount of the ERG, making things closer than they were.

Looks like May will not be able to bring Meaningful Vote 3 to the house, in its current form!

Seems fair and consistent.....if the British public aren't allowed to have another vote to see if they've changed their minds on the same question, why should the House of Commons be able to?;)

But it sounds like it's a moot point anyhow - enough of the ERG members seem not to be budging that it wasn't going to pass anyway.

Now let's see what the EU do with a request for delay...…..

• React
Reactions: Ian
I’ve just had a word with Monsieur Cliche.

He says Leavers didn’t know what they were voting for, but on the other hand Brexit means Brexit.

He also said that if the result of Brexit is that it stops the British buying holiday homes in France, then it’s a good thing.;)

• React
Reactions: m
Are you having a bad day? Give me one statistical piece of proof that the BBC is pro-Brussels. They report news. Sometimes that news is factually critical of the UK government, sometimes of the EU.

I'd also like to know in what way our resident fascist's post about Adolf Hitler is correct as an underlying ethos.

Laura Kunnesberg, who seems to think she speaks for the nation, is a prime example of "soundbite news" with an unerring ability to make any comment/speech/quote suit her own agenda. Needs a slap with a wet fish.

It seems Parliament can`t/don`t want to/are unable to deliver what the people voted for in the largest democratic exercise this country has ever seen. The question was simple leave or stay, we chose to leave. The politicians had already decided that was the wrong answer and we are heading towards that result not being respected or delivered........... unless we leave with no deal and pick up the pieces afterwards.

Its starting to look like the best option!

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
It's the worst possible option. Even most Tory leaver MPs think so.

The truth is nobody knows what will happen. You have one bunch saying it will be a disaster, and the other half saying it will be great.

I for one am not afraid of change!

The governments job is to serve the British people. When we vote for something, it’s there duty to follow it through. That’s whether they like it or not. That’s democracy.

Laura Kunnesberg, who seems to think she speaks for the nation, is a prime example of "soundbite news" with an unerring ability to make any comment/speech/quote suit her own agenda. Needs a slap with a wet fish.

It seems Parliament can`t/don`t want to/are unable to deliver what the people voted for in the largest democratic exercise this country has ever seen. The question was simple leave or stay, we chose to leave. The politicians had already decided that was the wrong answer and we are heading towards that result not being respected or delivered........... unless we leave with no deal and pick up the pieces afterwards.

Its starting to look like the best option!
The sadly ironic thing is those who've been most loudest about what they don't want since the vote, are still unable to tell us in detail what they do want. They are still fighting the referendum rather than looking forward. So sad! I have no faith in having a 2nd referendum on a meaningful subject that everyone will understand.

The UK is in desperate need of moving forward but somehow we're being dragged down by a vote in 2016.

The governments job is to serve the British people. When we vote for something, it’s there duty to follow it through. That’s whether they like it or not. That’s democracy.

No - that's direct democracy. That's Switzerland. Britain isn't a direct democracy, it's a representative democracy.

The government's job is absolutely to serve the British people.....and if they believe that the best way to serve the people is to ignore the non-binding result of a referendum, that most of all revealed Britain to be a deeply and evenly divided nation on this issue, then it is absolutely within their job description to do so. They then face the consequences of those actions at the next election.

Which actually I'm now at the point of thinking is what this country needs - get the delay until June 30th and immediately call a general election.
Everyone now knows how their MP has voted on Brexit, and therefore we can all vote accordingly in a General Election.
If all the MPs that defied their constituencies' referendum wishes and voted against Brexit, and against No Deal, then lose their seats in favour of Brexit-supporting candidates then we know that No Deal Brexit is the people's wish and we can leave accordingly.
If a large number of MPs that voted in favour of No Deal lose their seats in favour of pro-Remain candidates, then we can revoke Article 50 and cancel Brexit.
If we end up with a parliament that's just as divided as the current one - then we know that it properly reflects the opinions of the people, and then the government can go ahead and continue muddling on as they have been doing.

But that is how our democracy is supposed to work. Representatives making decisions on our behalf, and then facing the consequences if the majority of their constituents disagree. We now know what the viewpoint of each and every MP is, because it's on record many times over the past two weeks; so perfect time for another election with all of us voters being armed with that information.

Apparently May isn't telling anybody including the Cabinet how long the extension will be that she will try to negotiate.

Expect a further attempt for a vote on her deal then.

Back
Top Bottom