Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
That last is part of her attempt at trying to scare the ERG/DUP into voting for her deal. The issue remains though that the Govt hasn't yet scheduled in another "meaningful vote" for her deal in next week's house business according to the BBC. There is no point apparently according to commentators on the Beeb unless they get the DUP or 25 Labour MPs (they had 3 at the last vote iirc).

Reckon there's three reasons why a 3rd attempt won't work:
1) Tough to see the DUP going for it - and as much as I don't like a lot of what they stand for, I can see why. The backstop does essentially carve out NI from the Union, which is antithetical to the core principles of the party
2) As much as some of the more thoughtful members of the ERG might be persuaded to vote for May's deal kicking and screaming, there's still a bunch of fanatics in that group, like Steve Baker, who will take the pragmatic option on the day Satan skis to work
3) Even if the DUP and the bulk of the ERG were somehow persuaded to abandon their opposition.....there's enough Tory remainer rebels that they would still need a much more sizeable defection from Labour.

Can't really see it.

Which means I think the ball's now in the EU's court. Up to them to decide whether this can gets kicked down the road for a while - or Britain gets presented with the starkest choice right now.

I heard that, I also heard the remainers on the panel that are screaming for a second vote asked what the options there should be if there was a second vote.
First option - you cant have no deal as an option because it would be a disaster
Second option - remain should be an option despite that option already being rejected.
Third option -there was no third option, absolute silence. Strange, I thought remainers had the answer to everything.

So there you have it, remainers think we should have a second vote and the only option is to remain, would be quite funny if it wasnt true in many cases.

Having scanned the last few pages of this thread I think I’m finally done with ever engaging about Brexit again. The notion of “We were fine before and we’ll be fine after” has finally done me in. The world has changed - how could anyone of sound mind believe it’s this simple. Things are not the way they were, it is a different world and whether you like it or not, things have changed. That means applying decades old ‘stiff upper lip’ nonsense simply ain’t gonna cut it. Oh, the youth of today, they just don’t know hardship - why would you want us to? Why do you want young people to know what it used to be like? Just because you lived through some right old crap, or your parents did, doesn’t mean you have to make everyone else do the same. The very idea of young people just needing a good dose of what life was like thirty, forty years ago is insane. It’s sadistic if anything. But by all means, people, vote on the direction of a world you clearly don’t even understand. We’re all really grateful for that, and I for one can’t wait to go back to closed borders, vastly increased import and export duty, and chimney sweeps and coal miners merrily skipping down the road as they prepare for another busy day. Because that’s definitely what’s going to happen - it’ll be like Mary Poppins and we’ll all rejoice as we wave our miniature Union Jacks. We shall holiday in Blackpool, Great Yarmouth and Weymouth, and we shall eat rock and chips every day that we are there, staying in our luxurious chalets by the sea.

Genuinely, the biggest reason for Brexit was people over a certain age being frightened of a world they no longer understand, and fearfully lashing out in an attempt to drag us back to the nation of their childhoods. It isn’t going to happen, those days are long gone, but at least the rest of us can spend the rest of our lives cleaning up the mess as we watch through the window while the rest of the world continues moving forwards in a more unified and progressive manner. Gosh, it’s going to be a real treat buying more British products from British businesses to support British people. I mean obviously it’s different now, because in decades gone by we used more British products that were often made by industries that are long gone, but we can rebuild! We can just go back to it, spend more money making things which will mean some businesses close and others downsize due to rising costs or broken supply chains, meaning less people are employed or have less money while product costs rise, which in turn leads to less sales and on and on we go, but it’ll be great! We don’t need any of the foreign muck, and we can definitely, definitely seemlessly unplug ourselves from something we’ve been embedded in for some 40 plus years, virtually overnight and with no pain and hardship at all. We can just up and leave and there’s no way anything bad can come from it. Rule bloody Britannia, eh?

I had a crap time growing up, so you little shits can have the same, only I’m too old and outdated to be of any help in sorting out the mess I’ve bestowed upon you. But at least you’ll know how things used to be, you little sods.

Shambles.

People died for this country during 2 world wars to protect our sovereignty NOT to give it up to a bunch of unelected Europeans, What Parliament are attempting to tie us into is what a certain Adolf Hitler wanted........shame on the pathetic remoaaners who need a backbone replacement and seem to need their hands held at every turn.....If this is what the future holds ........jesus you're a bunch of wankers

Adolf Hitler was known for his commitment to strong individual rights and freedoms and food safety,

Having scanned the last few pages of this thread I think I’m finally done with ever engaging about Brexit again. The notion of “We were fine before and we’ll be fine after” has finally done me in. The world has changed - how could anyone of sound mind believe it’s this simple. Things are not the way they were, it is a different world and whether you like it or not, things have changed. That means applying decades old ‘stiff upper lip’ nonsense simply ain’t gonna cut it. Oh, the youth of today, they just don’t know hardship - why would you want us to? Why do you want young people to know what it used to be like? Just because you lived through some right old crap, or your parents did, doesn’t mean you have to make everyone else do the same. The very idea of young people just needing a good dose of what life was like thirty, forty years ago is insane. It’s sadistic if anything. But by all means, people, vote on the direction of a world you clearly don’t even understand. We’re all really grateful for that, and I for one can’t wait to go back to closed borders, vastly increased import and export duty, and chimney sweeps and coal miners merrily skipping down the road as they prepare for another busy day. Because that’s definitely what’s going to happen - it’ll be like Mary Poppins and we’ll all rejoice as we wave our miniature Union Jacks. We shall holiday in Blackpool, Great Yarmouth and Weymouth, and we shall eat rock and chips every day that we are there, staying in our luxurious chalets by the sea.

Genuinely, the biggest reason for Brexit was people over a certain age being frightened of a world they no longer understand, and fearfully lashing out in an attempt to drag us back to the nation of their childhoods. It isn’t going to happen, those days are long gone, but at least the rest of us can spend the rest of our lives cleaning up the mess as we watch through the window while the rest of the world continues moving forwards in a more unified and progressive manner. Gosh, it’s going to be a real treat buying more British products from British businesses to support British people. I mean obviously it’s different now, because in decades gone by we used more British products that were often made by industries that are long gone, but we can rebuild! We can just go back to it, spend more money making things which will mean some businesses close and others downsize due to rising costs or broken supply chains, meaning less people are employed or have less money while product costs rise, which in turn leads to less sales and on and on we go, but it’ll be great! We don’t need any of the foreign muck, and we can definitely, definitely seemlessly unplug ourselves from something we’ve been embedded in for some 40 plus years, virtually overnight and with no pain and hardship at all. We can just up and leave and there’s no way anything bad can come from it. Rule bloody Britannia, eh?

I had a crap time growing up, so you little shits can have the same, only I’m too old and outdated to be of any help in sorting out the mess I’ve bestowed upon you. But at least you’ll know how things used to be, you little sods.

Shambles.

You say you don't want to engage about Brexit anymore after scanning this thread and to be honest, your opinion is so ill-informed and bitter that it's unlikely that you'd bring anything of value to the debate anyway.

Also your attitude is infectious - it's views like yours that put me off contributing to these threads a long time ago. Hopefully we can both soak into the ether together whilst the few remaining posters repeat the same old soundbites.

Short extension or we leave "No Deal" when an EU Member state Poland, Italy, Greece (or any other that have a similar vision that membership isn`t all its cracked up to be) doesn`t back a longer extension.
We`ve had 2 years + and not sorted it, drop the axe and focus some minds. :)

People died for this country during 2 world wars to protect our sovereignty NOT to give it up to a bunch of unelected Europeans, What Parliament are attempting to tie us into is what a certain Adolf Hitler wanted........shame on the pathetic remoaaners who need a backbone replacement and seem to need their hands held at every turn.....If this is what the future holds ........jesus you're a bunch of wankers
We've never lost our sovereignty. If we had we'd have the Euro and Schengen and wouldn't have been allowed to have the referendum in the first place.

And it looks like Maybot the Masochist's deal will be heading back for a 3rd time sometime soon as a meaningful vote. Dear oh dear.

Equally, we are seeing how fundamentally myopic parliament has been for 2 years about what next. Lots of motions to pause or stop, but what next? Yet again, I'm left worried that the desire to stop Brexit in some form is all some MPs wanted and their games are as bad as the ERGs.

You are a disgrace. Trying to equate modern European democracy with Hitler and hijacking the memory of soldiers who died defending this country from fascism to try to give some semblance of authority to your views is contemptible.

Short extension or we leave "No Deal" when an EU Member state Poland, Italy, Greece (or any other that have a similar vision that membership isn`t all its cracked up to be) doesn`t back a longer extension.
We`ve had 2 years + and not sorted it, drop the axe and focus some minds. :)

Real politik will step in I reckon and stop one country vetoing any extension. According to those on the European side of the reporting, Italy is already giving a cold shoulder to the idea of a veto. Basically, it could cost them support for stuff they want so it isn't worth it.

Real politik will step in I reckon and stop one country vetoing any extension. According to those on the European side of the reporting, Italy is already giving a cold shoulder to the idea of a veto. Basically, it could cost them support for stuff they want so it isn't worth it.

Blackmail then................... ;)

You think the BBC is “ the Brussels Broadcasting Association “ whilst you also think the “Underlying ethos” of a post suggesting that the EU is the heir to the Nazis is correct. I suggest you’ve lost all touch with reality. Stop watching Nigel Farage. Make yourself a nice cup of tea.

You are a disgrace. Trying to equate modern European democracy with Hitler and hijacking the memory of soldiers who died defending this country from fascism to try to give some semblance of authority to your views is contemptible.
hmmmmmmm i see the EU army are having a bit of practice over here this month????? NAZI's......... I STAND BY WHAT I SAID .....snowflake.

Attachments

• fac.jpg
    fac.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom