Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
You know what, I think after 32 pages, both sides have now pretty much converged on that same opinion.

All we, and the likes of Essex Yellow, now disagree on is whether that's a good or a bad thing!

The problem at the core is nobody expected the result, got caught with their trousers down, ran around like a teenage boy caught knocking one out over a razz mag then decided, very late, that A: There is no way out that will not destroy democracy. B: Time waits for no man.

Its akin to a certain King Canute & the tide.....

The result was a good thing.
The outcome can be a good thing........... equally it could be a massive CF!

If I knew the effect exiting would have I would be dabbling in high risk stocks & shares............. :);)

The problem at the core is nobody expected the result, got caught with their trousers down, ran around like a teenage boy caught knocking one out over a razz mag then decided, very late, that A: There is no way out that will not destroy democracy. B: Time waits for no man.

Its akin to a certain King Canute & the tide.....

The result was a good thing.
The outcome can be a good thing........... equally it could be a massive CF!

If I knew the effect exiting would have I would be dabbling in high risk stocks & shares............. :);)

What...you mean like Crispin Odey? He openly admits that a bad day for the UK is a good day for him and as a keen proponent and financial backer of Brexit (and a no deal one at that), he's the epitmoy of JRMs model of disaster capitalism. He's well connected to both landed gentry and the generally super-rich (he was Murdochs son-in-law for a while)....ie those with the real power in the UK.

Is he really the kind of person you want pulling the strings in this country and do you think he has anything other than his and his ilk's interest at heart?

And to think...he was educated in our fair city....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispin_Odey

@Sheik djibouti ...... thats just business/life...... whenever things go wrong for some/many somebody else gains.
Human nature means it can`t all be equal & fair.

@Sheik djibouti ...... thats just business/life...... whenever things go wrong for some/many somebody else gains.
Human nature means it can`t all be equal & fair.
Maybe, but it doesn't make it right and in my book it is far from OK to profit from others misfortune, particularly if you are angling for and influencing that misfortune to happen in the first place. It's an extremely sad indictment on civilised society that we more or less shrug our shoulders and say - "oh well" to this kind of behaviour.

Nobody said everything has to be equal, but actually seeking others demise so that you can profit...are you seriously OK with that?

It is possible to be rich AND to maintain corporate, social and environmental responsibilities. Unfortunately it is easier to get richer, quicker by avoiding these to greater or lesser extents.

Interesting to see that none other than George Soros gave him seed money back when he started out....

@Sheik djibouti ............. "seeking others demise" can equally be seen as making choices that suit the individual without considering the consequences for others. We would all probably love to live in some perfectly equitable world/society but, sadly, life isn`t like that.

As my Mum told me (frequently!!!) "Worry about what you can change, not what you can`t".

Ergo "we" can, occasionally, change things simply by putting a X in a box. :)

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...IvDLjinHaG5nWeJlJislfpBIBFGIDFO9OFCOSu_4FYIPI

This no deal planning is clearly worthwhile. I wonder how this will get spun?!

Anyway you choose really!
"French authorities have warned that 100% of food and livestock has to be checked at special border inspection posts."
Then
"The Calais politician Xavier Bertrand has said a two-minute delay would lead to a 27,000-strong queue on both sides of the channel."

They think you can fully check a container/artic in 2 minutes?

From the same article...
"company transports frozen and chilled food including cheese and yoghurt from the continent to British supermarkets."

Guess what..... we make cheese & yoghurt in the UK. Nobody will die if they have to change brand!

They`ve had 2 years to sort out such things and are doing their best to leave us attached to the EU yoke....

From the moment Cameron called the referendum, the UK government should have been preparing for the possibility of a clean Brexit.

It’s scandalous that we’ve reached the situation we have, where the government is totally unprepared.

A dereliction of duty in my view.

From the moment Cameron called the referendum, the UK government should have been preparing for the possibility of a clean Brexit.

It’s scandalous that we’ve reached the situation we have, where the government is totally unprepared.

A dereliction of duty in my view.

Dereliction of duty? Yes. Entirely predictable? Also Yes.

Brexit - particularly a No Deal Brexit - is a monster task that requires a massive amount of logistical and administrative planning and infrastructure development. A monster task that our current government, and the civil service at its current levels, were never likely to be up to.

Can't see that Corbyn's lot would be either, so I just don't see how you get out of this mess other than a loooong transition period to actually sort out what needs sorting.

A second referendum looks likely, with so many in government circles wanting to stay in, and of course the EU not liking the idea of is leaving.
The question is how do the government make it look like they’ve won the day by keeping us in.

There must be some whataboutery irony in the outrage of seeing Godwin's Law being invoked on Owen Jones and Anna Soubry, when the abuse of Brexiteers and other Remainers has been worse and going on for months and months. And sadly, largely ignored until the generic "far right" get involved.

And then Soubry calls them racist and fascists in an interview with Kay Burley, thus perpetuating the very cycle she complains about, whatever the context it's used in. I can't help but feel it's badly stuck Godwins Law record where it's to slur the "far right" based on a few people's ignorant abuse.

Are you saying it was the far right who were abusing this woman by calling her a 'Nazi'? Ironic

Are you saying it was the far right who were abusing this woman by calling her a 'Nazi'? Ironic
I'm not as it's not clear if they were "far right" or labelled as such - it was a very quick diagnosis of "far right".

The fact both used Godwins Law so liberally is just silly and cheapens whatever point they were making. Soubry just perpetuates the very thing she understandably didn't like being called.

simple solution......NO DEAL bit too simple for the remainer twats tho it seems

Sorry, but that's not a "simple solution", it's just simple ignorance of reality. No deal is a disaster, and even some Brexiter "twats" (your word not mine) think so too. This comment is from a Leave-supporting site:

"One can say, unequivocally, that the UK could not survive as a trading nation by relying on the WTO Option. It would be an unmitigated disaster, and no responsible government should allow it. The option should be rejected."

Go on, explain why they're wrong. I'll be interested in your informed analysis (but I'm not holding my breath). I expect you'll just insult Remainers (again) for our terrible habit of actually learning a few facts before coming to a conclusion and stating an opinion.

Last edited:
Why would anyone think a man who is fan of far right scumbag Stphen Yaxley lennon screaming at a black policeman "youre not British" is aFar right|" maybe he's just a thick bigot like ""Gary Baldi"

Funny you should mention digging....

Apparently one of the founders is the brother of the owner of JCB...a well known Tory donor and advocate of Brexit.......

I don't think this is true. From what I read, it wasn't a founder (it was a major shareholder) and it's a different Bamford. Let's leave the conspiracies to the Brexiters.

Last edited:
They`ve had 2 years to sort out such things and are doing their best to leave us attached to the EU yoke....

Yep, we can ignore the "EU yoke"...so long as we're happy to forgo trade with EU countries. Which will put a massive hole in the economy. Remainers have been telling you this for two and a half years and you still think there's some magic solution that "they" need to find. You voted for a contradiction. You were lied to. There are no magic beans.

Last edited:
I'm not as it's not clear if they were "far right" or labelled as such - it was a very quick diagnosis of "far right". The fact both used Godwins Law so liberally is just silly and cheapens whatever point they were making. Soubry just perpetuates the very thing she understandably didn't like being called.

The ringleader of the thugs outside Parliament is apparently one James Goddard, who has just been kicked off Facebook for extremism. His account posted "a torrent of anti-Islam and anti-immigrant abuse", including this pleasantry:
β€œAll illegals need deporting ASAP. It's about time the indigenous people of Great Britain, were put first.”

and then reposted this reply:
"Think big. Not just the illegals. P**i traitors of any stripe, along with your treasonous officials who enable the ethnic cleansing of the native British people."

I don't think Godwin's Law applies when you're referring to self-identifying racists. But if you're happy to defend this sort of low-life that's your choice I suppose.

(Source)

Back
Top Bottom