Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Yes. But wasn't that run by "Mr5bellies" and his rugger-loving chums? They were a right bunch of twats.

I just think the whole Brexit process is getting people wound up, because it’s dragged on so long. Rather than leaving with a clear plan from the government. I think he the poster in question has let his emotions/ frustrations get on top of him.

Whether we all agree or not on Brexit. I.e. Remain or Leave, we all have one thing in common we support our mighty OUFC.

I just think the whole Brexit process is getting people wound up, because it’s dragged on so long. Rather than leaving with a clear plan from the government. I think he the poster in question has let his emotions/ frustrations get on top of him.

Whether we all agree or not on Brexit. I.e. Remain or Leave, we all have one thing in common we support our mighty OUFC.
Agree. Onto the idiot nest in Westminster.

The overall incompetence of our politicians and their lack of decisiveness has left us where we are. We are an embarrassment on the international stage.

And sadly, there is a very easy way to move this on and take control, but so many politicians have such a visceral dislike of Brexit, too few are thinking strategically about what next and just trying to frustrate it all, to get what they personally think is right. Consequently, they've burnt out the good will of the general public at the first stage, with the adult conversations still to come with the EU.

We are at a point where it's in the best interests of the UK to agree that crap deal from Maybot and get on with our future trade agreements with the EU where all the options are available. If I hear one more Remain MP blather on about a people's vote, I'll kick my metaphorical cat. Surely they can see it will resolve nothing and just make an already aggravated country more aggravated?

Get over it and get on with it.

ps. Having just seen Layla Moran on Politics Live. Dear oh dear, nice person, lives in a political cloud cuckoo land.

How about this as a solution:

One of the issues raised regarding the extensions of the deadlines was the fact that if we go beyond a certain date, then we have to vote in the next round of European elections. At first view this seems to be a farcical situation, but in fact, is this not the perfect opportunity for the public to make their current views known, without having to go down the official 'second referendum' route?

Abandoning all traditional party labels, there should be three candidates in each constituency, standing under the banners of i) remain, ii) Leave with deal, iii) Leave with no deal.
All MPs etc can then stand behind whichever banner they choose, put forward a handful of spokespeople, and then each of the three groups can put forward their case in terms of the information that we have available in 2019 and debates can be had based on some detail, rather than the vaguearies of 2016.
Party (i) can state the case for remaining in the current climate, ii) can stand on the deal (or a varition agreed beforehand) and explain its actual contents and consequences and (iii) can stand stating the case for cutting ties fully.
We then count the overall vote, if (i) gets over 50% then we draw a line under the whole thing and not proceed any further with leaving, and if not, whichever of (ii) and (iii) gets the most votes dictates the direction we go and we crack on accordingly.
The people will have spoken - about our role in Europe - in the European elections - perfect.

Non?

Do you trust MPs to agree on that and who would stand? At this moment, it would take them 3 years to come up with the first question ;)

Agree. Onto the idiot nest in Westminster.

The overall incompetence of our politicians and their lack of decisiveness has left us where we are. We are an embarrassment on the international stage.

And sadly, there is a very easy way to move this on and take control, but so many politicians have such a visceral dislike of Brexit, too few are thinking strategically about what next and just trying to frustrate it all, to get what they personally think is right. Consequently, they've burnt out the good will of the general public at the first stage, with the adult conversations still to come with the EU.

We are at a point where it's in the best interests of the UK to agree that crap deal from Maybot and get on with our future trade agreements with the EU where all the options are available. If I hear one more Remain MP blather on about a people's vote, I'll kick my metaphorical cat. Surely they can see it will resolve nothing and just make an already aggravated country more aggravated?

There were several European aides blatantly leaking what went down last night - and suggesting that May was asked repeatedly by the other EU heads what her Plan B was, only for her to continually evade the question. At which point the EU gave up, put their heads together and came up with the new April 12th deadline for parliament to actually sort itself out and decide what it wants.

It's just embarrassing that the leader of our government, as well as parliament in general, has such a complete lack of strategic vision.

What seems probable now is that Benn/Letwin will get their indicative vote bill through on Monday (the one that only lost by two votes last time), and then parliament will begin debating alternatives to see if there's anything that can get majority support.

If they can land on something - and if they do, it's probably some sort of Norway+ arrangement - then I suspect May's deal is dead and her leadership along with it. She'll hold on just long enough to present parliament's vision on April 11th and then resign...….

What an unbelievable mess.

Have dealt with Layla Moran a few times and Nicola Blackwood before her and Layla is a breath of fresh air in comparisson. I hope the Lib Dem’s retain their seat in Oxford West & Abingdon.

As opposed to whom? I’m struggling to find a politician with a sense of reality at the moment so I’d be keen to hear your recommendation.

There were several European aides blatantly leaking what went down last night - and suggesting that May was asked repeatedly by the other EU heads what her Plan B was, only for her to continually evade the question. At which point the EU gave up, put their heads together and came up with the new April 12th deadline for parliament to actually sort itself out and decide what it wants.

It's just embarrassing that the leader of our government, as well as parliament in general, has such a complete lack of strategic vision.

What seems probable now is that Benn/Letwin will get their indicative vote bill through on Monday (the one that only lost by two votes last time), and then parliament will begin debating alternatives to see if there's anything that can get majority support.

If they can land on something - and if they do, it's probably some sort of Norway+ arrangement - then I suspect May's deal is dead and her leadership along with it. She'll hold on just long enough to present parliament's vision on April 11th and then resign...….

What an unbelievable mess.
The issues with alternatives is the Remain vote is likely going to splinter itself for the first time.

Plus, the problem for a lot of MPs is their necks will now be on the line for the first time - they've been able to hide behind Maybot's chaos - and they'll be accountable to their constituents for what they vote for. For some Leave Constituent Labour MPs in particular, their feet could be held to the first for the first time.

I can't be the only one who will be contacting my MP, depending on what they do, asking how their vote reflects with the referendum result and why Norway++ (for example) doesn't respect the in/out result. The easy part for them has been saying May's deal is terrible, the hard part is offering a concrete opinion that makes them accountable.

As opposed to whom? I’m struggling to find a politician with a sense of reality at the moment so I’d be keen to hear your recommendation.
I know through a friend that Moran is a very lovely person outside of politics, but politics wise, she lives in a parallel Remainer world where a 2nd vote will solve it all and the EU are just wonderful.

A complete and utter joke, I’ve supported Torres ever since I was old enough to vote in 1979 I’ve not always supported there policies but I wouldn’t vote for a leftist communist anti Semitic party ever and the Lib Dem’s they’re not even worth talking about, but can we get rid of that obnoxious cow May she ain’t got a clue it’s her way or the highway. Listen to others swallow your pride and come to a compromise with others, apart from a single currency or the customs union but listen and get us out of this mess and leave as the electorate voted. If you can’t then a no deal it has to be and if we do leave without a deal you can guarantee the Eu will do everything in their power to be our friend as they know other countries will follow suit.AFA3F5E7-C0CF-469F-9C3D-16A1A3776146.jpeg

I’ve been working in Norway this week and obviously Brexit was discussed. My colleagues (small 20 person) can’t really get their heads around us voting to leave but wanting a Norway style agreement. Does the Norway ++ arrangement keep free movement of people/Shengen or is that the ++?

I know through a friend that Moran is a very lovely person outside of politics, but politics wise, she lives in a parallel Remainer world where a 2nd vote will solve it all and the EU are just wonderful.

Im not overly fussed regarding her Brexit stance. I was more responding to the comments that she lives in a parallel universe. She’s actually got a lot right locally (IMO). Anyway probably the wrong thread for local politics discussion as this one is long enough ?

I’ve been working in Norway this week and obviously Brexit was discussed. My colleagues (small 20 person) can’t really get their heads around us voting to leave but wanting a Norway style agreement. Does the Norway ++ arrangement keep free movement of people/Shengen or is that the ++?

EFTA would involve free movement of EU nationals iirc.

A complete and utter joke, I’ve supported Torres ever since I was old enough to vote in 1979 I’ve not always supported there policies but I wouldn’t vote for a leftist communist anti Semitic party ever and the Lib Dem’s they’re not even worth talking about, but can we get rid of that obnoxious cow May she ain’t got a clue it’s her way or the highway. Listen to others swallow your pride and come to a compromise with others, apart from a single currency or the customs union but listen and get us out of this mess and leave as the electorate voted. If you can’t then a no deal it has to be and if we do leave without a deal you can guarantee the Eu will do everything in their power to be our friend as they know other countries will follow suit.View attachment 1255

2.5 years, 66 pages on this forum and you’ve just won the argument with a single post! I’ll remember this day. Thank you.

Im not overly fussed regarding her Brexit stance. I was more responding to the comments that she lives in a parallel universe. She’s actually got a lot right locally (IMO). Anyway probably the wrong thread for local politics discussion as this one is long enough ?
Don't doubt she is locally spot on, but as a potential Lib Dem leader, gulp

Ha ha! Bad news Brexiteers! Reed it and weep! Looooosers!!

Anyway, enough gloating, over to Uri Geller:
IMG-20190322-WA0010.jpg

I wouldn't want him banned. Cassox could try expressing himself while reining in his more extreme views. The rest of us have to.

Ignoring offensive - rather than just 'different' - views is a cop out. Extremists need to be confronted, and extremism is not simply expressing legitimate pro or anti Brexit opinions, it's about how they are expressed.
Oh purleeeeeease dry yer eyes Burrett,i can just imagine what you were like at school.....teachers pet and bullied by your classmates...even the teacher couldnt stand you especially as you used up all her tissues.....now be a good boy and go find the ignore button....there there there diddums

Back
Top Bottom