• Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
W
You could apply the same to those who voted remain. Do you know what the EU will look like in 5, 10, 15 years time? Its far different to the trade arrangement we voted to join. Likewise, now people ARE better informed they voted to leave.
Err. We know what the EU looks like now. We don’t know what brexit looks like. No one can predict the future, but the best first guess at tomorrow’s weather is that it will be the same as today ...

The point is we weren't better informed, we had loads of BS chucked into the equation but we weren't better informed.

Only if you were stupid enough to believe stuff written on the side of a bus or BS posted on social media platforms without making your voting decision on what matters to you, because that is what a referendum is for, to judge what the electorate want.

Err. We know what the EU looks like now. We don’t know what brexit looks like. No one can predict the future, but the best first guess at tomorrow’s weather is that it will be the same as today ...

Again, at the preceding referendum, we knew what the EEC looked like then and voted in its favour.
We now see what it is or has become and collectively agreed we don`t want to remain "in".
Politics aside it will be business (in both directions) that sort out the nuts and bolts of the future.
Eventually the politicians will catch up, to be honest the result wasn`t what the politicians wanted...... they had no plan at all for that result.
Now that is not the "fault" of those who voted to Leave, it is the fault of our politicians and their behaviour since has been no better than a rabbit caught in the headlines of an oncoming lorry.

So TM returns from Brussels with an "extension" which is frankly pointless, her deal goes back to Parliament again. Parliament reject her deal and we depart with No Deal on the 29th because the EU won`t accept a third rejection.
Now that will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions, not due to those who told HMG what they wanted, but the inability of HMG to sort out an orderly exit, and I include all politicians in that description of HMG.

Yes, and much of the electorate WAS influenced by lies and exaggerations from both sides. Voting decisions were not all made based on rational analysis of proven facts.

Not so much better informed as falsely influenced.
And worth noting that if the referendum result WAS legally binding, it would've already been thrown out. Because it was advisory, it hasn't been.

You could apply the same to those who voted remain. Do you know what the EU will look like in 5, 10, 15 years time? Its far different to the trade arrangement we voted to join. Likewise, now people ARE better informed they voted to leave.

But Essex, me old sparrer, the "Passarelle" clauses that you got the wrong end of the stick about ensure (cf. the existing Schengen and Euro differences) that the UK doesn't have to go along with future changes.

You're really a bit clueless for a man who knew exactly what he was voting for.

But Essex, me old sparrer, the "Passarelle" clauses that you got the wrong end of the stick about ensure (cf. the existing Schengen and Euro differences) that the UK doesn't have to go along with future changes.

You're really a bit clueless for a man who knew exactly what he was voting for.

That would take a bit more of the French attitude to EU regulation of adopting what we choose rather than swallowing the rule book wholeheartedly.
It is also likely to change in the next 5,10,15 years or so....it will be a subtle change that slips under the radar much like other things.
Don`t assume you know me as "clueless" from a few brief postings on a football forum same way I won`t make assumptions about you.

Only if you were stupid enough to believe stuff written on the side of a bus or BS posted on social media platforms without making your voting decision on what matters to you, because that is what a referendum is for, to judge what the electorate want.

The problem is plenty did believe the BS.

That would take a bit more of the French attitude to EU regulation of adopting what we choose rather than swallowing the rule book wholeheartedly.
It is also likely to change in the next 5,10,15 years or so....it will be a subtle change that slips under the radar much like other things.
Don`t assume you know me as "clueless" from a few brief postings on a football forum same way I won`t make assumptions about you.
I take it you know how infraction proceedings work, yes?

I know you're not clueless about a range of things, so apologies - I should have particularised the remark to the subject.

On the subject - we already have picked and chosen what we accept - Schengen, the Euro as examples.

Your postings aren't brief, mate.

So....... No deal sound ok to everyone? A kind of irony for all the court cases, amendments and motions since June 2016, we're essentially on course to leave on a No Deal because Parliament is unable to coalesce the public vote with a reality they don't want, and unwilling to make a big decision to revoke Article 50 because they know it will push things in a direction they can't control. They all don't like May's deal, but still don't have a clue about what they want or what a 2nd vote would be over.

Which leaves us drifting to No Deal and the very thing most parliamentarians don't want.

312.jpg

the far right of the Conservative party are pushing for a no-deal Brexit which will cost the loss of thousands more jobs and make travel and importing what we need impossible.

Everyone else realises that any other Brexit will be worse than staying in the EU. but as he Conservative party have brought this situation about as they couldn't handle the loons in their own party they can't admit it.

Sadly, it rather sums up where we are. Remainers are still blaming the "far right" Tories, the people who voted to leave for not understanding the vote and saying we'd be worse off leaving, rather than accepting the result and finding a solution out of it. Unfortnately, Remain has got itself so knotted up about what it doesn't want, no one thought about what they do want, and how it would apply to the in/out vote we had. In part, because it's complicated and time consumung.

What next? What would a referendum vote be? When would it take place? How will we educate everyone in an open manner to enable them to come up with an informed opinion? Are we going to participate in European Elections? What financial cost will there be to the UK for extending Article 50 long term? What will a general election achieve if Parliament ends where we are today? If we ask for an Article 50 extension for 2 years, how can Parliament come to an agreement over what to do that respects the vote? What happens if after 2 years Parliament is still deadlocked as they are today? How will the EU react to the ongoing crisis and are they really that interested in the existential whims of Parliament?

Etc
Etc
Etc

Old Nige has shown the way with his poll. Revoke A50 now on the basis of that. :LOL:

Old Nige has shown the way with his poll. Revoke A50 now on the basis of that. :LOL:
It seems to have rather a lot of support here too: https://petition.parliament.uk/peti...Jr7Dp8WjOgdQMCSVORhMpmErCJGopEHvPOOYHy8QwXTJA

Back
Top Bottom