Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
I agree with comments made about Corbyn. I would hate to see him as prime minister. But I am Labour-minded. Without the NHS (don't forget - started by Labour, NOT the caring, sharing Tories) I would (as would nearly everybody on here) be fucked without it, being a disabled person.
I just pray for the day that Cordustbin retires.

Chuka Umunna shouldnt have even been there he resigned and should have been re-elected........same as that scab Sourberry............ unbelievable they are still in Parliament using their votes.

Chuka Umunna shouldnt have even been there he resigned and should have been re-elected........same as that scab Sourberry............ unbelievable they are still in Parliament using their votes.

I know that this is wasted as you do not understand many things, but people are elected as Members of Parliament to represent their constituencies. They are frequently affiliated to parties or act as an independant, but ultimately people vote for the individual. Therefore they do not need to resign and face re-election.

But then when you think it is funny to see the police attacked in France, deny climate change and the holocaust and spout all sorts of racist xenophobia, it is asking a lot of you to unedrstand something as complicated as democratic elections!!

not sure you are right scotch, I reckon the majority of people vote for the party not the individual.

He is right - they vote for the individual. If they make the mistake of thinking that they’ve voted for a party or a prime minister then that’s their problem: they voted for an individual.

IF People vote for the individual that means that 35 000 people in Witney voted for David Cameron.

so that's why Shaun Woodward left Witney for ST helens when he joined the Labour Party

so that's why Shaun Woodward left Witney for ST helens when he joined the Labour Party
But he crossed the floor whilst he was Witney MP and then stood for St Helen's at the next election in 2001.

He was elected in 1997 as a Tory, crossed the floor in 1999 and then stood in St Helen's in 2001. No by election ever took place.

But he crossed the floor whilst he was Witney MP and then stood for St Helen's at the next election in 2001.

He was elected in 1997 as a Tory, crossed the floor in 1999 and then stood in St Helen's in 2001. No by election ever took place.
Exactly. Because people vote for the party. The poor deluded forelock tugging folk of Witney vote Tory. Woodward swapped a safe Tory seat for a safe Labour one/

This is, for me, the most frustrating part of this Brexit saga. People are still claiming they knew ‘exactly’ what they were voting for when they crossed the ‘leave’ box. They didn’t. They might have wanted out for a variety of reasons, but they didn’t know exactly what the implications of leaving might be, because no-one does.

You could apply the same to those who voted remain. Do you know what the EU will look like in 5, 10, 15 years time? Its far different to the trade arrangement we voted to join. Likewise, now people ARE better informed they voted to leave.

You could apply the same to those who voted remain. Do you know what the EU will look like in 5, 10, 15 years time? Its far different to the trade arrangement we voted to join. Likewise, now people ARE better informed they voted to leave.
Actually, not so, please take a look at this from Jim Callaghan (authorised by Harold Wilson ahead of the3 1975 referendum)

Listen very carefully to what he is saying and understand that greater unity was ALWAYS the aim and that was what you were voting for if you voted yes back then. To portray it as merely some relationship of economic convenience is being economical with the truth.

And what of the future? Firstly, the myths about the Lisbon Treaty have been debunked. We wouldn't be getting the Euro, we wouldn't be getting the European Army, we wouldn't be losing our veto UNLESS all member states agreed to it...and how likely do you think that is?

I think the bigger threat to our future is greater isolation, leading to a much greater risk of economic, social, political and cultural vulnerability, coupled with the rise of populism. I would offer that we are better combating those together with Europe than going our own way.

And as for all this balls about "we should've gone to Europe with our demands from the start" - what pish! We decided to cancel our membership - what right did we have to make demands of them. "Well, we should withold the £39 billion then" - again, utter pish! - It's what we owe from what we are already committed to!

Imagine cancelling your sky subscription, then demanding you still have access to Sky sports and Movies at the weekend, whilst saying you wouldn't pay the outstanding bill for services you've already benefited from until you got it - how well do you think that would go for you?

@Sheik djibouti ......... reality sniff to "back then", no internet, little access to public records, fewer TV channels, limited media output etc etc etc.

Today we are better informed and we voted to leave accepting that it comes with risks & things will be different.

There are lots of people who voted in favour of the EU in 1975 who have waited 40+ years to "change their mind" by way of a second referendum.

There is little reason to suggest that the current "losers" can`t wait until 2059 for the third go. ;)

@Sheik djibouti ......... reality sniff to "back then", no internet, little access to public records, fewer TV channels, limited media output etc etc etc.

Today we are better informed and we voted to leave accepting that it comes with risks & things will be different.

There are lots of people who voted in favour of the EU in 1975 who have waited 40+ years to "change their mind" by way of a second referendum.

There is little reason to suggest that the current "losers" can`t wait until 2059 for the third go. ;)

The point is we weren't better informed, we had loads of BS chucked into the equation but we weren't better informed.

I know that this is wasted as you do not understand many things, but people are elected as Members of Parliament to represent their constituencies. They are frequently affiliated to parties or act as an independant, but ultimately people vote for the individual. Therefore they do not need to resign and face re-election.

But then when you think it is funny to see the police attacked in France, deny climate change and the holocaust and spout all sorts of racist xenophobia, it is asking a lot of you to unedrstand something as complicated as democratic elections!!

This sums up what May is doing to our Parliamentary democracy:

what ever your Brexit view one thing is for sure how the f*** does Alastair Campbell and Tony Blair both with British service personnel’s blood on their hands continue to be given a platform on main media platforms to air their view(s) on anything let alone Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom