Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Corbyn’s desperation to govern ( ruin) this country has finally been forced. A vote of no confidence will now take place which Teresa May will win because all conservatives and dup(326) will back her on as voting with the opposition is like turkeys voting for Christmas as the saying goes.
As I said the dup and European reform group have said they will back the government so that’s that on any no confidence vote.

Maybot knew this was coming - who honestly didn't - but agree with the thunder stealing on no confidence - will have made the Labour social media team wince a little. What is the Tories ultimate parliamentary fear? Jeremy Corbyn. The DUP came out straight away and said they'd support the Maybot. No ifs, buts or maybes. They may disagree on Brexit, they don't on Corbyn. And of course, some Labour MPs are not fans of Corbyn. It's not as if Labour have a plan either. You're voting for more of the same.

I do wonder if Corbyn has shot his load too early. Was it better to wait until Maybot comes back next week to play his card? If loses, like the ERG did, he'll struggle to pull it off a second time. Maybot has not reached her lowest level yet.

Worth pointing out that EU negotiations are always last minute, so we've only reached the meat of the negotiation now. And as someone pointed on TV earlier, in a few weeks time, some may look at Maybot's deal and think it truly was better than what we could have now.

As I said though it’s like turkeys voting for Christmas. A vote of no confidence means a general election plus a new conservative leader will have to be found as Teresa May will not fight the election as leader.
But the Conservatives need to lose for a GE to happen.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen. What we have here is a complete breakdown of parliaments ability to bring about the wishes of the British people. For what is the point of having elected representatives of the people, if those entrusted to serve refuse to follow their constituents clear wishes?
Either they get their act together and do what is required of them or there will almost certainly be unrest.
Do not underestimate the (so far) silent majority. This could quickly turn very ugly indeed.

51,89% of the British public.

Don't tar all of us with this dogs a**e you got us in to

I wonder what Juncker will come up with.
Macron thinks we will be biggest loser in the event of a hard brexit.
I bet they suggest a second referendum to avoid no deal. And of course if that happens, the electorate already tired of the politicians inability to deliver will probably vote to stay in the EU. If we do I bet we will face financial punishment for years from our great leaders

Macron, the future of Europe, wants more fishing rights as he's not happy with what was negotiated. Something to look out for.

I heard it said recently. How come when the migrants are found in the English Channel it’s our responsibility but when there are any fish they belong to the French.
Government won’t lose a confidence vote. Brexit means brexit we’ve been told, but I think a referendum is looming. I predict trouble ahead

I heard it said recently. How come when the migrants are found in the English Channel it’s our responsibility but when there are any fish they belong to the French.
Government won’t lose a confidence vote. Brexit means brexit we’ve been told, but I think a referendum is looming. I predict trouble ahead
And I think the losers will get a shock when they lose again.

As per the Dublin Regulation, migrations claiming asylum from France, shouldn't strictly be doing it. To be fair, there has been some change by France on the migrant boats, with Javid skulking home to get on it.

The problem with the referendum is in the details. How can anyone agree and how can it be done so quickly? It's glossed over, but it's complex, and Maybot's obfuscation in December made it harder.

Maybot knew this was coming - who honestly didn't - but agree with the thunder stealing on no confidence - will have made the Labour social media team wince a little. What is the Tories ultimate parliamentary fear? Jeremy Corbyn. The DUP came out straight away and said they'd support the Maybot. No ifs, buts or maybes. They may disagree on Brexit, they don't on Corbyn. And of course, some Labour MPs are not fans of Corbyn. It's not as if Labour have a plan either. You're voting for more of the same.

I do wonder if Corbyn has shot his load too early. Was it better to wait until Maybot comes back next week to play his card? If loses, like the ERG did, he'll struggle to pull it off a second time. Maybot has not reached her lowest level yet.

Worth pointing out that EU negotiations are always last minute, so we've only reached the meat of the negotiation now. And as someone pointed on TV earlier, in a few weeks time, some may look at Maybot's deal and think it truly was better than what we could have now.

Tonight the EU have already said they will not renegotiate the withdrawal agreement. And basically said they aren't available to talk this weekend saying there will be no emergency summit.

I don't think Corbyn had much choice after a historic record defeat for a Govt. That said he will lose the no confidence vote.

Last edited:
The EU will renegotiate as the alternatives are worse. Because of all the uncertainty at our end, they've had no reason to budge but there are deals to be done and May could be in a stronger position if/when she wins the no confidence vote tomorrow.

The EU will renegotiate as the alternatives are worse. Because of all the uncertainty at our end, they've had no reason to budge but there are deals to be done and May could be in a stronger position if/when she wins the no confidence vote tomorrow.

Any renegotiation would pretty much involve the EU having to go against the single market principles or get rid of the backstop and that isn't going to happen.

jeeeeesus CHRIIIIIST what the hell is the matter with people/mps......NO DEAL is a MUST!!! ................... THEN watch the EU come back with acceptable deals.......thats the trouble with people today NO BOTTLE.......do people REALLY expect the EU to give acceptable terms when there are snowflakes actually telling them that we will accept ANY bleeding deal......no wonder the EU got 27 members to sign up for Mays deal within 38 minutes.........grow a backbone people of GB and a pair of bollox wouldnt go amiss.

You say about dishonesty but it works with all politicians though. Every general election we get told lies. Remember 2010 when Nick Clegg said no tuition fees or 2016 when Labour and the conservatives both said we will act on the will of the people regarding the referendum and LEAVE the Eu.

Actually - although this is off topic - I think Nick Clegg is just about the only politician I can think of in recent times that actually did put the interests of the country ahead of the interests of his party.

First in forming the coalition with the Tories in the first place, and then in ditching a number of Lib Dem policies to make it work because a) they realized that they were the minority party and therefore had to be pragmatic and accept that their whole agenda wasn't going to get enacted and b) they probably realized once they were in power that some of their positions were actually a little naive.

He knew their voters would hate it, and they would get demolished at the next election (so much so, as it turns out, that they would become a political afterthought for at least a decade and possibly forever) - but did it anyway because he thought it was right for the country.

It's the opposite of what most politicians are doing in the current scenario.

I'd say Corbyn as head of the opposition is the main reason the Tories haven't been run out of town a long time ago. I'm sure May absolutely loves him (and Abbott and Macdonnell) for making the Labour party unelectable...

Clegg was a disaster and was responsible for unnecessary austerity David Cameron and the referendum. The Labour Party is doing very well. otherwise surely May would want another election.

Back
Top Bottom