Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
Same Mogg whose trust fund is moving its assets to Dublin? Who helps people evade tax? He's in politics to help his sort extract money from the state.

I heard him answer that question on LBC
(from 25 minutes in). The long and short of it is that JRM is setting up a fund in Dublin just like he has set up funds in the US, Aus and Singapore (all non-EU countries). He also set up a Dublin fund in 1993. This one was planned pre-Brexit referendum. JRM's business has offices in London and Singapore and that is not set to change. Complete non issue.

Has JRM ever been convicted of tax evasion or of being an accessory to that crime?? If so I certainly missed it.

I'm not sure that you can prove that JRM is in politics to help his sort extract money from the state, so I can't really respond to that.

The Brexit referendum is a historical vote - meaning, it's in the past.

A few justify the Leave vote based on experiences, or tinted memories, of the past.

Countries need to be led by people looking to the future.

Countries MUST be led by politicians who work to do what the people of this country WANT.....we voted LEAVE ....we MUST leave and should have left 2 years ago........It makes NO DIFFERENCE wether we will be richer or poorer.....we voted for LEAVE and LEAVE we must.

Countries MUST be led by politicians who work to do what the people of this country WANT.....we voted LEAVE ....we MUST leave and should have left 2 years ago........It makes NO DIFFERENCE wether we will be richer or poorer.....we voted for LEAVE and LEAVE we must.

Nations must be led by people who take into accoun the needs of all citizens and all the available information.

Given that Turkey hasn't joined the EU yet - one of the threats/promises by the Leave campaign - and there seems to be no extra £350m for the NHS should we actually leave, its seems that the Brexit people voted for cannot happen.

I voted out because I actually understand where this nonsense was taking us.
<snip>
Why do we need non-elected bodies telling us what to do all the while they pay themselves obscene sums of money and cannot get their accounts signed off by even the most corrupt of accountants?

Your latter claim is very very easy to debunk (see link).

"Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007, while pointing out that EU countries, once they receive the EU funds, misuse about 4.4% of the total budget."

Read that carefully, it's EU countries that are (to a limited extent, and yes, including the UK) misusing EU funds, not the EU itself. Claiming this as evidence of corruption within the EU is like suggesting that the DWP is corrupt because some benefit claims are fraudulent.

Also, the EU is not "non-elected". I'm sorry, but you clearly don't understand as much about the EU as you think.

"Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007, while pointing out that EU countries, once they receive the EU funds, misuse about 4.4% of the total budget."

Read that carefully, it's EU countries that are (to a limited extent, and yes, including the UK) misusing EU funds, not the EU itself. Claiming this as evidence of corruption within the EU is like suggesting that the DWP is corrupt because some benefit claims are fraudulent.

Also, the EU is not "non-elected". I'm sorry, but you clearly don't understand as much about the EU as you think.
Really? Not sure you understand much either.

Unfortunately this is the EU's own body and therefore not independent. Also, as you correctly point out, EU funds are misused by individual countries (or members) ergo the spectre of fraud and corruption is rife.

The accounts are signed off without accounting for the funds.

I think your response might have had more credibility if you'd pointed out why Hayfield Yellow's points were incorrect, rather than making a pretty crass statement like that.

I get that you had your own reasons for wanting to leave, and that's your business. But others do have coherent logic to support remaining too.
It was not a crass statement. It was my opinion. @HayfieldYellow questioned my opinion that the EU is non-elected. The EU is not elected. Some bodies within the bureaucratic set up are "elected" but most of the business is carried out by appointed "eurocrats". Anyone who has lived in Brussels and Strasbourg (as I have) would have gained an insight.

@HayfieldYellow did not present any form of coherent or other argument to support remaining. He merely attempted to disprove my argument.

Unfortunately he fell into the trap of common googling and found an article which appears to support the view that having their own organisation approve the expenditure of the EU, the EU can claim to have had it's accounts verified. That same organisation accepts that some 4.4% of EU funding will fall into fraudulent use. But, don't worry, they have an agency which investigates and recovers funds. A figure is mentioned of 1.1 billion euros since 1999. That's recovered, how much did they lose?

Nations must be led by people who take into accoun the needs of all citizens and all the available information.

Given that Turkey hasn't joined the EU yet - one of the threats/promises by the Leave campaign - and there seems to be no extra £350m for the NHS should we actually leave, its seems that the Brexit people voted for cannot happen.

There was no promise of £350m for the NHS some people that cannot read and remoaners that are trying to misrepresent the facts to cover their own lies are promoting this myth, try reading the side of the bus again.
Meanwhile there are hundreds of thousands of British soldiers that died to keep us free from Germany fighting to get out of their grave to get at all the remoaners with a yellow streak down their back there back because don't think that this great country can survive on its own, so they are voting to be ruled by Germany.
And then there are the kids that complain that they never had a vote, their main concern is roaming charges and their summer holidays.

START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD. Germany has always been determined to rule the World they failed by military means so for many years they have been trying to do it financially.
I dread to think what would happen if we had to go to war today, the remoaners would by standing there with a white flag on their bayonets and on the order to charge they would turn and run the other way.

There was no promise of £350m for the NHS some people that cannot read and remoaners that are trying to misrepresent the facts to cover their own lies are promoting this myth, try reading the side of the bus again.
Meanwhile there are hundreds of thousands of British soldiers that died to keep us free from Germany fighting to get out of their grave to get at all the remoaners with a yellow streak down their back there back because don't think that this great country can survive on its own, so they are voting to be ruled by Germany.
And then there are the kids that complain that they never had a vote, their main concern is roaming charges and their summer holidays.

START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD. Germany has always been determined to rule the World they failed by military means so for many years they have been trying to do it financially.
I dread to think what would happen if we had to go to war today, the remoaners would by standing there with a white flag on their bayonets and on the order to charge they would turn and run the other way.

There's quite some leaps of imagination there.

Hmmm .... where to start? The side of the famous bus stated 'we send the EU £350 million a week, let's fund our NHS instead'. Sure sounds like Leavers were suggesting the EU contribution could be diverted to the NHS. How did you read it?

Your rambling rant about British dead in WW2 and some suggested connection with Remainers having a 'yellow streak' is insulting to our war dead. People of all political opinion died in WW2. In the modern day as many would have favoured a European Union as would abhor it. I can't prove that, neither can you disprove it, so how about you stop the emotive bullshit? This macho talk of world wars, 'the Germans', bayonets, cowardice etc etc really is pretty unintelligent.

Thanks for your advice, but I do indeed LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD, which is unfortunately polluted by xenophobic Little Englanders living in the past.
1.They are two separate statements if you chose to join them together thats down to you.
2. I cannot imagine anyone who is prepared to surrender the sovereignty of this country with a stroke of a pencil standing and fighting for it.

1.They are two separate statements if you chose to join them together thats down to you.
2. I cannot imagine anyone who is prepared to surrender the sovereignty of this country with a stroke of a pencil standing and fighting for it.

I voted remain and have also spent the last 23 years working for the Queen. What does your limited imagination make of that?

What do you think this is Zombie Brexit? .We should let the dead soldiers out of their graves to do what? March with Nigel Farage? Help Jacob Rees -Mogg with his move to Dublin -the one he “already had planned”?

Alright mate you carry on paying roaming charges and go through the non EU visa queue when you go abroad. I hope you don't go to those foreign places to enjoy yourself. A patriot like yourself could only allow yourself to go abroad to visit the graves of our glorious dead. Take a couple of tins of corned beef with you. The rest of us will enjoy cheap calls and travel abroad.

START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD.

Why don't you?

Germany has always been determined to rule the World they failed by military means so for many years they have been trying to do it financially.

Don't forget the Japanese, too.

Why don't you get those zombie soldiers to set up a business of some kind. They don't cost anything to feed and provide excellent skeleton cover.

dread to think what would happen if we had to go to war today, the remoaners would by standing there with a white flag on their bayonets and on the order to charge they would turn and run the other way.

Bayonets are going to come in really handy in the next war.

Last edited:
Separate statements are kept apart by a full stop, not a comma... Anyone have the actual statement?

stream_img.jpg

Back
Top Bottom