Votes: 77 44.0%
  • Call in the Donald

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Call in Noel Edmonds

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • I don't care anymore

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
It is irrelevant as Cameron is no longer in Government or in Parliament as an MP and his words are not binding anyway.

I assume Farage would have disappeared and shut up if Remain had won. Of course he wouldn't as he said immediately after the polls closed when he thought they had lost. Those people would need to educate themselves on what British democracy actually is and plenty of them demanded that Parliament get sovereignty so they would be getting what they wanted. Or does parliamentary sovereignty only matter to you if you get the result you want?
No it matters when they say they will do something. Normally everyone moans about politicians not doing what they say. This time it is being done and the losing side of the argument still isn’t happy because they were arrogant enough to think they couldn’t lose. Had leave lost they would’ve moaned a bit and after a while got on with it and accepted their fate.

No it matters when they say they will do something. Normally everyone moans about politicians not doing what they say. This time it is being done and the losing side of the argument still isn’t happy because they were arrogant enough to think they couldn’t lose. Had leave lost they would’ve moaned a bit and after a while got on with it and accepted their fate.

Hahahaha. You really believe that last statement?! Delusional.

I swear there were many other issues discussed at the last election than Brexit which people voted for. Also, there were MPs who got elected who openly said they wanted to stay in the EU. So lots of wrong assumptions there.

Last edited:
Hahahaha. You really believe that last statement?! Delusional.

I swear there were many other issues discussed at the last election than Brexit which people voted for. Also, there were MPs who got elected who openly said they wanted to stay in the EU. So lots of wrong assumptions there.
100% believe that statement although the losers of the vote have proven they can’t accept it.

It seems sensible, to me at least, to postpone leaving the EU until we know exactly what it will mean to us. If the British parliament vote not to invoke Article 50 on the back of a European court ruling, that is democracy at work.

Problem is - we may never know exactly what a No Deal Brexit means to us until it actually happens.

Sure, there's some short term events that we can likely predict - there'll be some snarl ups at the border as we have to go back to checking goods coming over from the continent for the first time in decades, and there'll be some price rises as the additional tariffs on European goods get passed down to the consumers.

But the medium and long term effects are going to be dependent on the decisions made in response to Brexit by a bunch of corporate entities, and governments domestic and foreign.
Will a bunch of manufacturing companies leave Britain and move to the continent because they feel they need tariff-free access to the EU market (for their customers or suppliers)?
Will a bunch of city service providers leave London and move to Frankfurt because they feel they need to maintain EU passporting rights?
Will we be able to put in place compensatory free trade agreements with other large trading partners? Will our government be willing to make the regulatory and procedural changes to facilitate those? How are we going to regulate everything - workers' rights, environmental rights, agriculture, medicines - once we're on our own?

Anyone on any part of the political spectrum who claims to know the answers to all those questions is lying. And I highly doubt we'll really get an answer to those questions until and unless it actually happens.

This is secondary to the issue of 'Can the UK parliament vote not to invoke Article 50 in the light of a likely No Deal scenario'.
But the answer to that would seem to be fairly obviously....yes, yes it can, that's the very essence of a parliamentary democracy. And the voters would soon get a chance to reward or punish their MPs for doing so should it happen.

Just interested - do you believe that all Leavers have the same character traits, as do all Remainers? You state all Leavers would have moaned a bit but got on with it, whereas the Leavers have proved they can't accept it.

Sounds a very simplistic view. Don't you think there would have been good and bad 'losers' on either side?
No I don’t believe all the people have the same traits. I had many people who like me voted out who at just after 10 pm on the night of the referendum texted me saying things like oh god I think we have lost just have to accept it just like people I also know who voted remain who have said for a long time now that it is time to put up and shut up. I also believe there would’ve been bad losers on both sides but this constant attempt to weaken all negotiations by people who voted to remain ultimately will only harm the country they say they are so desperate to protect

See the last bit of my sentence eg remaining losers who still can’t accept they lost . Goodbye

Who says I have or haven't accepted it?

Just pointing out the obvious flaws in your argument. Also, you are the only one who seems to be getting a bit hysterical claiming it is the "end of British Democracy".

Last edited:
Let's have a referendum on whether to have a referendum and then another one on what the subject of that referendum should be, then another on what the terms should be and then another on whether those terms are actually ok now that we have thought about it a bit, then one on who should write the terms and another on whether they are what we wanted in the first place and.....

IT WAS A SIMPLE VOTE. IN OR OUT. WE DECIDED OUT. GET ON WITH IT.

Both sides lied through their teeth. That's what politicians do, what's new? I voted out because I actually understand where this nonsense was taking us. I do not wish to be part of a federal republic of Franco/Germanic dominance. We are trading partners, we like visiting each others countries, we like the cultural differences, we are at peace with each other. Why do we need non-elected bodies telling us what to do all the while they pay themselves obscene sums of money and cannot get their accounts signed off by even the most corrupt of accountants?

I was fortunate to be around when we entered what was then, a trading agreement. I have spent many years living and working in Europe and Scandinavia. Europe will never be a united nation until we can agree sensible policies with proper consideration of all those participating.
Likewise, it is useless to have "laws" introduced when the very cultural identity of a participant is in conflict with that "law".
Would we really want to homogenise the people of Europe? Can we not just accept a free trade area where each nation trades with all the others without tariffs?

I was fortunate to be around when we entered what was then, a trading agreement. I have spent many years living and working in Europe and Scandinavia. Europe will never be a united nation until we can agree sensible policies with proper consideration of all those participating.
Likewise, it is useless to have "laws" introduced when the very cultural identity of a participant is in conflict with that "law".
Would we really want to homogenise the people of Europe? Can we not just accept a free trade area where each nation trades with all the others without tariffs?

I would like a free trade area as I think that is the best solution although product standards/laws etc (as they are currently) have to be the same for trading. And I say that as somebody who of all the options currently available I would prefer to stay in the EU.

Let the Eurozone countries federalise if they wish but I don't think that will happen if populist parties continue to gain support in those countries. Although it probably should in terms of economic policy but not in terms of the different social and political attitudes that prevail (only from what I've read and seen in the media) in different Eurozone countries.

I fully support Jacob Rees Mogg on this one. Of course, Mogg should not be placed in the same sentence as Boris Johnson who is in politics for purely his own personal gain.

No deal please, though this process is clearly stage managed and will result in a "last minute deal" which both sides can shout about.

Last post on this subject from me now. I think our decision to leave the EU could be the start of the end of it for many reasons.
Firstly Angela Merkel is on a very sticky wicket with her own electorate and her position is being weakened by the anti EU parties. This is also happening in Italy where there has been mention of a referendum.
Secondly several former communist countries are very much against certain immigrant movements and are dealing with them in a far harder manner than the Western European countries.
Thirdly other countries are not happy about having to make up our surplus payments as we put in 9 billion more than we take out.
Fourthly the EU is currently saying Hungary is doing things in an in EU like way and making threats of taking actions against them. There is also something happening with Poland but not as yet so clear what.
I think the post above mine is correct and it may turn into a political game of chicken.Just for the record I love Europe and have been to many of its countries both east and west but don’t like the EU. Anyway I am now finished with this thread. Off for a few ? now and may the mighty yellows beat Walsall tomorrow so we are all happy. Have a good weekend

Last edited:
I have yet to witness a leave voter that has changed their mind,despite all the fake news and doomsday predictions....question time last night was a desperate cringe fest....a few retarded plants that said they wanted to change their mind, an old bloke libtard leader who resembled a snake and a pathetic labour creep who wants a general election so they might just creep in the back door.....been a real eye opener this brexit how corrupt and self centered the ponces in power truely are............. if there IS a general election i will vote Tory for the 1st time in my life just to keep those labour wankers out......i think May has gone into negotiations like a wimp ....BUT i do respect her as she faces treachery on both sides but tries to bring the will of the people to fruition. She should bring Moggy into the negotiations as he WILL represent us properly....oh i do wish he would go for leadership as i have a few quid on him and he would be masterfull in the post brexit UK.

Farage did initially concede the referendum, only to roll it back very quickly.

The hidden impact of Brexit is the contagion of populism around the world. A few hundred Tories and Kippers have basically tilted the world on a different axis, with help from a dotty German lady and the odd Luxembourger and Pole. Damn

Back
Top Bottom